Deepflight MK2

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Even the first Analog Keys patch tops 40% for me, Fantasia also does that and so do a lot of the slower pads. Most are in the 20-30% bracket but for a sample lib that's a lot.

Please check the preferences of Kontakt.

Go to options -> Engine

1) Set the CPU overload protection to others than disabled (e.g. "medium")

2) Set the multiprocessor support to the max cores that allowed.

I made some test, and only these settings (disabled both settings) were able to cause CPU problem on my 7 years old Desktop PC.
When I set it correctly, the max CPU usage doesn't run over 40%, but in general it was between 15-20%.

You can save an additional 5-7 % CPU when you set the filter type switch (below the cutoff knob) to OFF, in case you don't use the filters, but it's not significant.

Does it help?
PinkNoise Studio
follow us on facebook

aMUSEd wrote:This is using an insane amount of CPU for a sample library - what's going on?
Deepflight 2.01 update is available now.

2.01 update fixes the "high CPU usage" issue, that some users reported. This new version uses 40-70% less CPU than the initial release.
More info: http://kontaktbanks.com/kb_deepflight2_update.html
PinkNoise Studio
follow us on facebook

Thanks, Andras. Care to share just what you did to reduce the load? It might be of benefit for we amateurs to know what to avoid when messing about with Kontakt sound construction.

dmbaer wrote:Thanks, Andras. Care to share just what you did to reduce the load? It might be of benefit for we amateurs to know what to avoid when messing about with Kontakt sound construction.
Hi,

I spent two days to trace, what was the reason of the high CPU usage. I looked through every component, compared to the factory banks, and finally realized that the combination of two things caused it:
- the interpolation was set to "perfect" instead of "standard"
- the ladder LP filters (in high quality mode) use much more CPU than the others (eg. state variable types)

So, I modified these settings in the patches, and kept the ladder filter only in those patches where really necessary (eg. agressive bass that needs extra punch).

Please note that you can set "perfect" interpolation for mixdown in the Kontakt's preferences (options -> Engine), that will provide the best possible quality in the final mix.

Andras
PinkNoise Studio
follow us on facebook

Thanks for the update :tu:

CPU hit is lower now.

Yes thanks much better

Wonderful :tu:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”