Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

installed both rumble and fanfare and authorized both with no problems today from the musicians friend deal

Fanfare and Rumble arrived this weekend. Rumble authorized correctly. Fanfare didn't. I bought mine through Amazon / Music123.

I won't ever buy any Sample Logic products from a reseller in the future unless the risk/reward is heavily in my favor (as it was here).

Even buying them directly through Sample Logic doesn't necessarily guarantee a good result unless you pay his full asking price. I bought a library directly from him for Live which wouldn't install, and his response was "talk to Ableton." Between that and Fanfare - even thought I *did* purchase one library from Sample Logic that installed and authorized correctly, they have lost any possibility of future business from me.

LimboLoves wrote:
VitaminD wrote:I'm still waiting for my Geist copy to arrive. It looks like UPS were in charge of the first leg, which they seem to have completed, then handed off to the USPS which simply state they have received electronic information of the shipment... for 3 days now..

Update: Ok this was strange.. I followed the Customer Support Link in the email Musicians Friend sent me on the order receipt... setup a Chat session with their support and spoke to a Representative that said he couldn't find my order information. Then asked if I was sure I placed with..... Guitar Center. haha Even though the logo to the chatroom had the Musicians Friend logo and I followed a link from a MF page.

They were really nice though and had someone from MF call me to provide a bit more info.. said shipment should be here no later than Thursday... USPS is slow but no worries.. I shall wait. :hyper:

USPS is notorious for losing packages, but they are also notorious for taking forever. The trick is to avoid them like herpes.
Yes, I suspect they lost it. But I'll give them the full time period MF stated before I contact them about it again.

I've been premature in notifying about a lost package before.. from Amazon.. that one was a couple weeks out IIRC and Amazon decided, after contacting them, to ship out a new one. Well what happens is soon after that both arrive. :dog: So I'll just wait.

VitaminD wrote:
LimboLoves wrote:
VitaminD wrote:I'm still waiting for my Geist copy to arrive. It looks like UPS were in charge of the first leg, which they seem to have completed, then handed off to the USPS which simply state they have received electronic information of the shipment... for 3 days now..

Update: Ok this was strange.. I followed the Customer Support Link in the email Musicians Friend sent me on the order receipt... setup a Chat session with their support and spoke to a Representative that said he couldn't find my order information. Then asked if I was sure I placed with..... Guitar Center. haha Even though the logo to the chatroom had the Musicians Friend logo and I followed a link from a MF page.

They were really nice though and had someone from MF call me to provide a bit more info.. said shipment should be here no later than Thursday... USPS is slow but no worries.. I shall wait. :hyper:

USPS is notorious for losing packages, but they are also notorious for taking forever. The trick is to avoid them like herpes.
Yes, I suspect they lost it. But I'll give them the full time period MF stated before I contact them about it again.

I've been premature in notifying about a lost package before.. from Amazon.. that one was a couple weeks out IIRC and Amazon decided, after contacting them, to ship out a new one. Well what happens is soon after that both arrive. :dog: So I'll just wait.
You should wait. As was mentioned before, the USPS numbers are not true tracking numbers but delivery confirmation numbers. Sometimes you get updates, but there is often a blackout until after your package arrives.

Well it was really UPS I'm getting that delivery date from... it was a UPS/USPS handoff deal.

It has been sitting in my city for over a week on 'electronic info passed' or whatever the term since then.

The BIZARRE event, however, out of all of this is this mornng I recieved a rather authentic looking email from the 'USPS' about my delivery (with the quoted delivery date mentioned). The issue is the email came from Germany and it has another domain for the actual links in the email -- looks like a case of spear fishing.

I wonder if the livechat box I used to communicate with MF support was unencrypted.. how else would anyone know about this delivery with detailed info? :-o

Ok.. as soon as I got home i see now it was delivered today. :dog:

There it is... comes in a small box. Inside is a DVD in a paper disk holder with 2 serials on the back - 1 for Geist and 1 for 'Geist Expansion Pack 1', as well as a color printed mini booklet on installation.

thenumber23 wrote:Fanfare and Rumble arrived this weekend. Rumble authorized correctly. Fanfare didn't. I bought mine through Amazon / Music123.

I won't ever buy any Sample Logic products from a reseller in the future unless the risk/reward is heavily in my favor (as it was here).
Thanks for letting us know, and I'm sorry to hear this, have you tried contacting Sample Logic?

If I have any problems with Fanfare not authorizing that is not resolved I won't be buying anymore Sample Logic products in future, just imagine paying top dollar like I did for Cinematic Guitars and Synergy X, and not being able to authorize them, sorry Sample Logic I like your products but I just won't take that risk in future. :scared:

LoopyFruit wrote:Thanks for letting us know, and I'm sorry to hear this, have you tried contacting Sample Logic?
Fanfare followup (still in progress): I contacted Sample Logic, who mentioned the same thing other people have reported -- they believe someone at the store has opened the box and sold the serials, and I should contact the store about the problem.

As a side note, I took photos of both my Fanfare and Rumble package before I unwrapped them - they both looked well sealed, but that doesn't mean someone couldn't have unwrapped it, taken the serial, then resealed it.

I contacted Amazon/Music123, and they replied they would send another copy of Fanfare via UPS. I believe they already shipped it as they sent me a UPS tracking number.

btw don't bother to install the Geist copy on the DVD.. I figured it was fresh copy for this promo but it is not -- the version is dated from 2010... you will be downloading the latest version (as well as Sample Content -- all of it) from the fxpansion site anyways.

I gambled and I lost. Tried to activate Fanfare and got the dreaded message that the serial was already in use in a different NI account.

Ordered from musicians friend. Shipped to California.

Installing Rumble now...

-Edit- Rumble had no problem. Activated just fine.

Fun times ahead dealing with musicians friend customer service...
Last edited by pheeleep on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play it by ear

So if I'm counting correctly about half the people here who have reported in have reported a bad serial.

Edit: Whoops just saw your post I think that makes it 4 bad to 3 good.

Yup, seems to be a hit or miss type situation.

Just got off the phone with MF and they're sending me a replacement box.

Who's to say the replacement box won't have a bunk serial number as well?

I want them to open the box and give me the new serial number over the phone ;)
Play it by ear

Yea, I mentioned that there seemed to be quite a few people experiencing this issue and what if the new box is also invalid? They just said to call again if that happened and they'd sort me out.

So it seems like they plan to keep sending boxes until one works? Hopefully this one is it though.
Last edited by jiten on Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”