Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmm, so does this mean there is a possibility that the boxed versions of Fanfare we receive could be missing serials or contain invalid serials?

Haven't had issues with either Musician's Friend or Guitar Center in the past so I'm no too worried and hoping they got things sorted out.

Guess I'll find out soon enough, just got the shipping confirmation email from Musician's Friend.

MarlboroMan23 wrote:Here's what I was told from Sample Logic as far as Ruble and Fanfare go:

Hi Steve
Yes this is somewhat true. We no longer sell to the GC chain.

So far the palm seems to only be with fanfare boxed version. They've decided to sell our inventory at 20% of the MSRP. I'm top of this, someone within the chain has opened up fanfare boxes taken the serials and has resold the serials. We have reached out to GC several times with no response.

Very frustrating

Joe Trupiano
Sample Logic LLC
New York
T: (347) 875-7568
http://www.samplelogic.com

> On Apr 5, 2014, at 2:51 PM,
>
> E-Mail:
> I saw this on a KVR forum and wanted to see if it was true before I spent my money there: "DO NOT purchase ANY Sample Logic products from Musician's Friend or Guitar Center. Joe Trupiano of Sample Logic claims they are selling unauthorized product and will NOT issue new serial numbers". I appreciate any info on this you can provide.
>
LOL.

That is the same email I got... verbatim.

dw

dusted william wrote:
MarlboroMan23 wrote:Here's what I was told from Sample Logic as far as Ruble and Fanfare go:

Hi Steve

So far the palm seems to only be with fanfare boxed version. They've decided to sell our inventory at 20% of the MSRP. I'm top of this, someone within the chain has opened up fanfare boxes taken the serials and has resold the serials. We have reached out to GC several times with no response.

Very frustrating

Joe Trupiano
Sample Logic LLC
New York

>
> E-Mail:
> I saw this on a KVR forum and wanted to see if it was true before I spent my money there: "DO NOT purchase ANY Sample Logic products from Musician's Friend or Guitar Center. Joe Trupiano of Sample Logic claims they are selling unauthorized product and will NOT issue new serial numbers". I appreciate any info on this you can provide.
>
LOL.

dw
It's interesting that the first thing mentioned is the sale price. It seems they are mostly annoyed at the offloading of the product.

Multiple google attempts bring not a single additional complaint about invalid serials.

We shall see...

we shall see.

Mine should be here by Wednesday.

audientronic wrote:
It's interesting that the first thing mentioned is the sale price. It seems they are mostly annoyed at the offloading of the product.
That's exactly what I got from their message as well.

audientronic wrote:
dusted william wrote:

Hi Steve

Very frustrating

Joe Trupiano
Sample Logic LLC
New York

>
> E-Mail:
>
LOL.

dw
Multiple google attempts bring not a single additional complaint about invalid serials.
We shall see...
It's equally interesting that there seems to be no notice of this on their site either. I had no problem from MF after buying the XLN Studio Keys at this price and so I went for this deal also.
As you said, we shall see. But if it is the case, I think the problem would sour me more from Sample Logic more than Musicians Friend since the purchase price had no effect on other software I've bought from them (MF).

From the Bargains thread:
fx1mark wrote:musicians friend has toontrack vintage rock ezx for $9.99 free shipping

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... le-library

please remember this is a no chat thread.
Thanks, this was a great score!
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

your welcome Hewitt, it is a no brainer if you ask me.

all this discussion about musicians friend, I have done a lot of business with them for a long time. If I ever had a problem, they took care of me. I will be interested to know if you guys end have a problem with them.

Best software for making demos/tutorials on Mac:

Screenflow for 20 bucks with a bunch of other stuff at Macheist.com. I have never seen them not unlock a whole bundle FYI. Only 120 more and 3 hours to go. This is a steal.

audientronic wrote:Best software for making demos/tutorials on Mac:

Screenflow for 20 bucks with a bunch of other stuff at Macheist.com. I have never seen them not unlock a whole bundle FYI. Only 120 more and 3 hours to go. This is a steal.
And Screenflow is now unlocked. That didn't take long. If you have a Mac and have been looking for screen capture software (for video), this is the standard. I've never seen it this low.

audientronic wrote:

And Screenflow is now unlocked. That didn't take long. If you have a Mac and have been looking for screen capture software (for video), this is the standard. I've never seen it this low.
Thanks so much.

a few of these apps looked really cool to me.

ordered :)

dw

dusted william wrote:
audientronic wrote:

Thanks so much.

a few of these apps looked really cool to me.

ordered :)

dw
Glad it was helpful.

They seem to have added a couple days for anyone else interested.

Xojo looks interesting.

The last time I ran BoinxTV I thought my Macbook was going to burst into flames. It's been a few years since then. Hopefully that got fixed. Haven't tried it on a newer machine yet.

Bought. :)

jc_vt wrote:I just received my copy from Musician's Friend and it was an actual DVD not a download.
You can also register and download the MF Geist with just the serials.

audientronic wrote:
jc_vt wrote:I just received my copy from Musician's Friend and it was an actual DVD not a download.
You can also register and download the MF Geist with just the serials.
Wonder if kitty is still runnIng her concierge service...

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”