Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
SirKen wrote:Do you think it might be possible to find the license file within the installer. Anything short of that would mean, we will have no access to any future updates since they are already giving an older version within Samplitude.
True.

I was just thinking that inside the installer it might be possible to find the regular Indy Basic installer that would let us install it so it could be used in any DAW...
So, it is official. I am getting a refund. When I asked for a separate Independence Basic key so that I can get an up to date version of Basic running on my system, I was told that it would exceed the price of my full program cost (?!). As if the discount rate isn't calculated from $224.99.

Considering the activation issues for Independence Pro software on Win 7 x64 systems I have read about on these forums, refund might just be the best idea.

I got pretty much the same experience from Magix support as SirKen did -- IndeBasic install is integrated into MS2013. I don't get the impression that they have any interest at all in changing the deceptive advertising. Their market for this program isn't really us.

I think I have about the same attitude as Numanoid -- eh, it's $20 and a new toy to play with. Also will test to see if IndeFree recognizes the library.

I still give props to _emanon_ for surfacing the deal. This isn't the killer deal it first appeared to be, but it really isn't a bad deal at all, if you're willing to monkey with it. Like BBFG# said, you can probably Rewire it if you fall in in love with any of the sounds.

Now, does anybody know where I can get my hands on (what seems to be) the separate installer for the free Vandal SE that was in Beat and Keyboard magazines last year? :D

EDIT: I meant legitimately get my hands on it, of course. It was a free non-mag download from Beat's file repository, for instance, but doesn't seem to be there now.

Like many others, I'd be interested to see if the library from Inde Basic as bundled with Studio 2013 will load in either Inde Free or Engine.

dorian
Mac O/S 11.6.5; MBPro 2018 2.2, 560X, 32GB, 1TB
Logic Pro 10.6.3
Scarlett 2i2, Akai MPD218, EMU XBoard 49

GreyLion wrote:I got pretty much the same experience from Magix support as SirKen did -- IndeBasic install is integrated into MS2013. I don't get the impression that they have any interest at all in changing the deceptive advertising. Their market for this program isn't really us.

I think I have about the same attitude as Numanoid -- eh, it's $20 and a new toy to play with. Also will test to see if IndeFree recognizes the library.

I still give props to _emanon_ for surfacing the deal. This isn't the killer deal it first appeared to be, but it really isn't a bad deal at all, if you're willing to monkey with it. Like BBFG# said, you can probably Rewire it if you fall in in love with any of the sounds.

Now, does anybody know where I can get my hands on (what seems to be) the separate installer for the free Vandal SE that was in Beat and Keyboard magazines last year? :D

EDIT: I meant legitimately get my hands on it, of course. It was a free non-mag download from Beat's file repository, for instance, but doesn't seem to be there now.
I believe that you can use the libraries interchangeably between Independence Free, Pro and even Best Service Engine as long as the library itself is activated within one of the software.

Varazuvi wrote:Varazuvi virtual instruments are currently half price for one week only.

Varazuvi Acoustic Guitar Pro. (was £29.99) - NOW ONLY £14.99

Link for more info and demo: http://www.varazuvi.com/varazuvi-acoustic-guitar

Varazuvi Harmonica Pro. (was £14.99) - NOW ONLY £7.49

Link for more info and demo: http://www.varazuvi.com/varazuvi-harmonica-pro

The above two virtual instruments are available in Windows 32bit/64bit & Mac VST/Audio Unit - 32bit/64bit

Regards
http://www.varazuvi.com
Guitar demo sounds really good, but when I tried Indian Flute, it takes 6% CPU for single note in FL Studio 11. It's too much for "only" sample player/rompler. /WIN8, 2GHz/
yzcoruhT

dven wrote:Like many others, I'd be interested to see if the library from Inde Basic as bundled with Studio 2013 will load in either Inde Free or Engine.

dorian
I'm trying to load it in Engine 2, but got little luck with that.

I have added the Indpendence Basic library to Engine 2, but that doesn't add any patches to the drop down menu in the layer, and when I try to load a ytil patch I'm getting an error that Engine 2 can't find the ytif contaning the audio.

Hmmm. I wonder if that's an Inde 3.0 vs 3.1 issue? I'm pretty sure the latest Engine version is based off of v3.1 of Inde which I believe had issues loading the 3.0 version of some libraries.

dorian
Mac O/S 11.6.5; MBPro 2018 2.2, 560X, 32GB, 1TB
Logic Pro 10.6.3
Scarlett 2i2, Akai MPD218, EMU XBoard 49

Foolishly bought the Magix deal.
Recieved only a charge via PayPal.
Logged on to Magix account with no problems until I tried to contact them via 'make a request online.' Which immediately sent me into a loop of not being logged in to my account. Finally started calling their business contact number (Miami,Fl), which refers all problems to a credit company in Germany (for technical support or sales rep). All done prerecorded and promptly disconnects afterword.
Opened a dispute with PayPal.

I don't think this is a company I would ever want to deal with.
Sorry I did this time.

Caveat!

BBFG# wrote:Foolishly bought the Magix deal.
I'm sorry that you feel you got badly treated.

But I'm a bit unsure why you would enter into the deal, when you back out of it right after, after all it's just 20 bucks.

A deal is a deal, and IMO we should enter into a deal as if we mean to go through with it on both sides.

Numanoid wrote:
But I'm a bit unsure why you would enter into the deal, when you back out of it right after, after all it's just 20 bucks.

A deal is a deal, and IMO we should enter into a deal as if we mean to go through with it on both sides.
Puchased yesterday.
Wasn't given any confirmation in email of order.
No available download links for products.
It appears 20 bucks for absolutely nothing.
And no way to resolve that.
It appears they just took the money and ran.
That's what makes me want to 'back out of it'.

I'm glad it was only 20 bucks though.
Now it's just about the principle.

Other notes: Companies are easiest to establish and incorporate in Nevada, which they are. Florida is well known for fly by night scams, which their 'business office' (i.e. telephone machines) are in and overseas credit charging is often used in these type of chains to circumvent legal actions, which appears to be the case here.
Last edited by BBFG# on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:

He didn't get the software he paid for.

Also, it is not like they are being clear in what they are selling. I think it is completely fair to ask for a refund when the advertising itself is deceptive.

SirKen wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
He didn't get the software he paid for.
Also, it is not like they are being clear in what they are selling. I think it is completely fair to ask for a refund when the advertising itself is deceptive.
Add to that, attempting to contact them winds up in a loop of not being able to.
Very evasive. Main reason I suggest to stay away from this company.

BBFG# wrote: Is the 12GB library included or not?
It is listed in the basket as part of the product sale so I'm wondering what the confusion is. Is it about whether it downloads separately? Is it part of the Physical Product or does that just a supplied link as some companies do like XLN did with their StudioKeys deal?
Anyway, at 25 USD it does seem worth it, just for other things that were mentioned.
Yes it is prompted for download after you open it in Samplitude. Mine is still downloading but I will try an external load in Independence Free and let you know. I'm sure you can always loopback MIDI or reroute it if really need be.

The real bugger with the MAGIX deal to me is that they're trying to not give you a way to back up the download files during installation. You basically have to "steal" the files during the installation process to back them up. In your Documents folder you'll see the MAGIX download folder where it stores the files but it deletes each component as it installs them. Just let it finish downloading and copy the files before you install...

BBFG# wrote:Puchased yesterday.
Wasn't given any confirmation in email of order.
No available download links for products.
I bought the download, I got an E-mail confirmation and links to download right after buying.

But didn't you write earlier in the thread that you went for the physical product? Could be a different way to handle those order, but you should have got a confirmation though most def.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”