Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any idea if this means it is a blowout sale and some other drum product is coming soon from FXpansion? Their modus operandi seems to be create a product, refine product, completely abandon product, create product, etc.. wondering if we are near the 'completely abandon' product portion of the lifecycle..

This says special edition. What's the difference??

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... al-edition
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:This says special edition. What's the difference??

Comes with bonus BFD expander pack.

audientronic wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:This says special edition. What's the difference??

Comes with bonus BFD expander pack.
So its a physical shipped product ? I wonder how much they would charge for shipping.
:borg:

To the USA? Ground shipping is free.

I'm still on the fence about this.. I use Battery4 as part of Komplete and never really liked some things about Geist or FXPansion.. But I see (From Geist Lite) that the sample library loads in Battery 4 (Bt4 even chops the Rex2's and auto assigns them to individual cells - handy). And of course the rest of the library appears to be Wav files. So I might buy it just for the sample library.

Wow, $50 for Geist expanded is a steal. I'm already drowning in drum plugins, and I've owned both Guru and Geist in the past, but sold them because I didn't gel with them. Still, sooooo tempting....
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Kalamata Kid wrote:On eBay JRR is selling S1 v2 professional for $224
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=%2 ... _sacat=619
There was an extra 15% discount on this and the upgrades on www.jrrshop.com.

We've now got Geist for $84.15 (sorry, no further discounts in cart):

http://www.jrrshop.com/fxpansion-geist-download-license

Went ahead and bought Geist for $49.99 at MusiciansFriend.. still think this means it is being discontinued soon... why else sell it so low? :shrug:

VitaminD wrote:Went ahead and bought Geist for $49.99 at MusiciansFriend.. still think this means it is being discontinued soon... why else sell it so low? :shrug:

Maybe just upgraded soon?
They are featuring a new expander for it on their home page. :shrug:

MF does this from time to time. Always good to be on the watch for with them.
I've got a couple of things super cheap that have gone back up in price and don't seem to be discontinued yet.
GC is a different story though. Though I heard they're having problems and may be getting ready for takeover from a larger company. Perhaps they're looking to use other ideas as a new effort?

I've tried buying Geist from the UK from Guitar Centre. Although it reads £31.24 on the catalogue page, once you click to go onto the product page itself, the price jumps to £159.10 (even when added to cart). Looks like this isn't for UK buyers :(

BBFG# wrote:MF does this from time to time. Always good to be on the watch for with them.
I've got a couple of things super cheap that have gone back up in price and don't seem to be discontinued yet.
GC is a different story though. Though I heard they're having problems and may be getting ready for takeover from a larger company. Perhaps they're looking to use other ideas as a new effort?
It isn't only Musicians Friend who has this at the 49.99 price. I've seen it at Guitar Center (price now says 249 when you click through the link though), music123, and Amazon (from Woodwind and Brasswind).

8thstreet has it for 99.99 and sweetwater has it for 249.99 though.. both non-special edition..

Last time they did a special edition sale, I think it was 99.99 so the price is trending lower and lower.. It will be interesting to see what happens to Geist this year I think..

VitaminD wrote:Went ahead and bought Geist for $49.99 at MusiciansFriend.. still think this means it is being discontinued soon... why else sell it so low? :shrug:
They sold Toxic BH for less than that several times and that aint discontinued yet ;)

Numanoid wrote:
They sold Toxic BH for less than that several times and that aint discontinued yet ;)
Toxic wasn't an FXPansion product being sold for the bargain basement price across the internet. Again, this isn't a Musicians Friend only price.

The price, overall, seems to be trending lower and lower for this particular product (Geist) over the past couple of years.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”