Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ceej wrote:
mcnelson wrote:MacProVideo - 50% off downloads with coupon '14solstice50' until June 24th:
Saturday is Summer Solstice, the first day of summer & the longest day of the year. Longer days mean you have more time to learn ... To help you get the skills you need, we're having a Summer Solstice Sale! Until June 24th (2014) you can save 50% off Downloads, and 40% off Library Passes!
http://www.macprovideo.com/
Has anyone been able to figure out how to get the 40% off Library Passes? There's no place to put a coupon code when you sign up for a subscription that I can see...
On the website there's a rebate code only for the monthly plan (15$ a month instead of 25$ a month).

Where do you see that? I haven't been able to find anything...

What does "rebate code" mean?
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Waves Universe quoted me and then refunded days later. And wont give me the deal.
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
DELL i-3770 3.9ghz, 12GB RAM, INTEL SSD,
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
TC ELECTRONIC impact twin 64 Bit
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

Saturday is Summer Solstice, the first day of summer & the longest day of the year.
No, it's still just 24 hours. :)

BBFG# wrote:
Saturday is Summer Solstice, the first day of summer & the longest day of the year.
No, it's still just 24 hours. :)
:wink:

I am going to use that line next time someone says that. Thanks.
바보

Benedikt wrote:To celebrate the prehistoric Slavic holiday 'Noc Kupaly' (the longest day and the shortest night of the year), we have two offers for you:
For next 9 days only, all of our delay plug-ins are available from our online store at discounted prices:
Lexicon PSP 42 for $69* instead of $149*
PSP 85 for $69* instead of $149*
PSP 608 MD for $69* instead of $149*
PSP Echo for for $49* instead of $99*

The sale will last through June 30. Starting from 1st July 2014 regular prices will be applied.
We've got these with an automatic extra 15% discount in cart:

60% off PSP at JRR Shop

Thanks Eric, was waiting for this at JRR ...
PSP Echo was on my wishlist ... ordered
Uncle E wrote:
Benedikt wrote:To celebrate the prehistoric Slavic holiday 'Noc Kupaly' (the longest day and the shortest night of the year), we have two offers for you:
For next 9 days only, all of our delay plug-ins are available from our online store at discounted prices:
Lexicon PSP 42 for $69* instead of $149*
PSP 85 for $69* instead of $149*
PSP 608 MD for $69* instead of $149*
PSP Echo for for $49* instead of $99*

The sale will last through June 30. Starting from 1st July 2014 regular prices will be applied.
We've got these with an automatic extra 15% discount in cart:

60% off PSP at JRR Shop
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

elxsound wrote:
Naenyn wrote:Anyone grabbed Woosh from meltedsounds? Wondering if it is as cool as it looks in the demo. =]

Not yet... Hoping to pick it up, but gotta pace myself as I'm still mulling over the decision to get K9 ultimate.

If you get it, please post your thoughts!
WHOOSH

Alright, broke down and picked it up (since I decided I didn't need K9U, but may still upgrade to K9 for B4 and Monark).

There's a tutorial on the site which won me over.

The main features that I liked are the flexibility of playback (Play mode, midi triggered via midi learn and a manual mode, where playback follows mouse curser position when dragged). Impacts allow for layers of four impact samples and their positions can be placed independently from each other. Then there's the speed curve via symmetry knob, which allows for faster/slower playback before or after the impact position.

Another cool product feature is that the've included the samples in a separate folder (which is an extremely nice collection in itself) and they've included a user version without samples (which is just a nice gesture since it removes the time consumption of removing the default content and also removing the default snapshots).

Anyway, my short answer is that yes, it's as cool as the demo video.

The 1.1 update seems to address usability/flexibility concerns making it more versatile than it's initial release, which is a good sign from a developer.

I think this could be very useful for experimentation. I only wish there was a way to freeze the view of the chosen waveforms to better place events (visually), but relying on ones ears and performance skill is not necessarily a bad thing either.

There`s a summer sale at East West..50% on selected instruments..
What I found really strange is:

- I am purchasing my first edition of Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Gold: 189,50€

- I am upgrading Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Silver to the Gold Edition 185,00€

Upgrading to GOLD is (almost) the same price as buying GOLD without already owning SILVER edition?
How unfair is that? :? Am I missing sth. here?

Everybody would think now "ok, I`m gonna sell the silver version then and get me the gold version". Won´t work, cause reselling is forbidden.

forw wrote:There`s a summer sale at East West..50% on selected instruments..
What I found really strange is:

- I am purchasing my first edition of Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Gold: 189,50€

- I am upgrading Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Silver to the Gold Edition 185,00€

Upgrading to GOLD is (almost) the same price as buying GOLD without already owning SILVER edition?
How unfair is that? :? Am I missing sth. here?
AFAIK, only the full versions are on sale. Once the sale ends, Gold will go back to twice the price while the upgrade will remain this price.

ah, thanks uncle E ..that would make sense ; )

elxsound wrote:Alright, broke down and picked it up (since I decided I didn't need K9U, but may still upgrade to K9 for B4 and Monark).
Fair warning - B4 isn't in Komplete 9. NI discontinued it quite a long time ago (it never got updated to 64-bit).

K9 does include the Kontakt Vintage Organs soundset, but it seems many don't find that to be a very good substitute for B4.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Ceej wrote:
elxsound wrote:Alright, broke down and picked it up (since I decided I didn't need K9U, but may still upgrade to K9 for B4 and Monark).
Fair warning - B4 isn't in Komplete 9. NI discontinued it quite a long time ago (it never got updated to 64-bit).

K9 does include the Kontakt Vintage Organs soundset, but it seems many don't find that to be a very good substitute for B4.
Times are changing so fast, these days, B4 stands for Battery 4 :phones:
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer wrote:Times are changing so fast, these days, B4 stands for Battery 4 :phones:
Ahha! Heh. Yeah, I wouldn't have guessed that. Well, THAT is certainly in K9.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

no, B4 is the B3 :P

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”