Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MogwaiBoy wrote:I just want to put this out there - in the interests of safe, honest and transparent commerce, why don't we make it board policy NOT to specifically demand PayPal 'Gift' option when selling licenses?

Ie: Seller must accept PayPal fees. Seller may adjust their sale price to compensate if they wish.

This would instantly clear up half the scumbaggery operating here.

Why do we allow the seller that option to demand Gift/Family payment? Surely good sellers will accept a policy being put in place to protect buyers.

Who will police it? We all will.
I agree but I don't think there even is a rule that you have to pay using PayPal, so selling without buyer's protection is allowed anyway.

If someone I'm buying from insists on a "gift" purchase, then I buy it the regular way (non-gift) and add enough to cover the fees.

That way, I'm protected and the seller gets the full amount. If they have a problem with that, then that's pretty much a guarantee it's a scam.

jsp1979 wrote:If someone I'm buying from insists on a "gift" purchase, then I buy it the regular way (non-gift) and add enough to cover the fees.

That way, I'm protected and the seller gets the full amount. If they have a problem with that, then that's pretty much a guarantee it's a scam.
+1
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I must confess I was not fully aware of Paypal and their fees the first time I started to buy stuff here in the market Place. Since then I been Reading up about it. But I still don't understand how to calculate the fees if I want to use regular way and still cover all the fees. Anyone know how to calculate?

Cheers!
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:I must confess I was not fully aware of Paypal and their fees the first time I started to buy stuff here in the market Place. Since then I been Reading up about it. But I still don't understand how to calculate the fees if I want to use regular way and still cover all the fees. Anyone know how to calculate?

Cheers!

I just wing it honestly because I am not sure either since it seems to cost more from other countries. I usually offer one or the other and add about 3% for non gift.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I add 2.9% plus $0.30 (that's 30 U.S. cents).

Additionally, if I'm not mistaken, Paypal will often tell you when you enter the amount how much the recipient will get before you complete the transaction. So, you can just adjust the amount you send until the correct amount goes to the seller.

I know that's the case of sending payment as gift. There Paypal will show the amount the receiver will get but I never noticed that when paying regularly. But I will keep my Eyes open next time I do a Paypal payment.

So in retrospective I guess I Owe one or two Sellers here at KVR an appology because the first times I bought anything from market Place I did use regular pay method with Paypal and I now realize that I might not have paid enough :( ..and I am Always honnest, so it makes me feel bad. I did not get any complaints though and I guess they were too nice to say anything. But that mistake will not happen again now when I know how Paypal operates
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

jsp1979 wrote:I add 2.9% plus $0.30 (that's 30 U.S. cents).

Additionally, if I'm not mistaken, Paypal will often tell you when you enter the amount how much the recipient will get before you complete the transaction. So, you can just adjust the amount you send until the correct amount goes to the seller.
Yes, that is the formula I was given:

"If the fee is passed to you, it is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you receive. For example, if you are sent $100.00 USD by credit card, the fee would be $3.20 USD ($2.90 + $0.30)." -- PayPal
바보

Paypal will tell you, but the fees change based on the country of the destination account and few sellers tell you where their Paypal account is based in. So there is always a bit of question until you actually start the transfer. If you know the country of both Paypal accounts there are various websites that can tell you the fees. It's one of the reasons I've stopped bothering with buying things here, I want a product at a specific price. It would have to be something very special for me to agree to $XX + Paypal fees. I'll agree to $YY (includes all fees) even if that number might be higher, which sounds crazy but there you go.
-Matt

I've heard that if instead of sending money the seller send you an invoice all the fees are already calculated. Anyone ever try this method?

So, bx-console on sale for the first time at PA: 179 usd (plus VAT).

Is there any chance that it will be discounted at jrrshop as well, Uncle E? At the moment it still retails at 299 usd (etxra discount in card).
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

MountainKing wrote:So, bx-console on sale for the first time at PA: 179 usd (plus VAT).

Is there any chance that it will be discounted at jrrshop as well, Uncle E? At the moment it still retails at 299 usd (etxra discount in card).
In case Uncle E doesn't have a better offer you could simply try this: Add bx_console to your cart at PA and then another very low-priced item as well (e.g. tuner for USD 9 or maybe Sandman for USD 19). You should then get the PA automatic bundle discount about 20% off, which could knock the price actually below USD 179. Quite weird that you get more plugins for less money, but I think this should work :tu:

EDIT: Just tried it myself and can confirm this method. bx_console: price with 19% VAT = 213,01 EUR. bx_console + bx_tuner with 19% VAT = 157 EUR 8)

Cool option. THX!

But this method wouldn't work in case the prices aren't discounted (as is ATM).

edit:
really?

I have to check that. I get a price at 299 USD retail. Do YOU get 179 usd?

My price for both of them (bx tuner plus console) is $254.40 .... strange!

Wait, what store are you talking about exactly? I'm referring to the PA-website directly. There the console is 179 and tuner is 9. Log in, add both to cart and you should be fine - right?

Ah, I was talking about jrrshop.

You were referring to PA directly! That's cool! I'll check that!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”