Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dwozzle wrote:Personally, not that anyone cares, but meh on ST3 and its libs, unless it was super super cheap. As I said, I have ST2.5, but rarely use it. The Kontakt factory stuff and player are infinitely better where they overlap, plus I have a few Kontakt libs, I'm good. I do use the Miroslav stuff some, but the upgrade from ST2 to 3 isn't worth much to me.
if you have esoundz' 'infinite player' (which itself goes on sale from time to time), occasionally the same sounds go on sale as Kontakt 'Kapsules', as cheap as $10/lib. not on sale now, but keep a lookout, as afaik the orchestral kapsules are derived from the same miroslav samples....

Someone wishes to share his thoughts on Sampletron, SampleMoog and Sonik Synth 2?
Which one is worth it?

lnikj wrote:The group buy discount code doesn't seem to be working on the MOOG 55.
I'll throw in a free Arturia Mini V! :D

Uncle E wrote:
lnikj wrote:The group buy discount code doesn't seem to be working on the MOOG 55.
I'll throw in a free Arturia Mini V! :D
Bargain! :D

Fleer wrote:Someone wishes to share his thoughts on Sampletron, SampleMoog and Sonik Synth 2?
Which one is worth it?
Depends or your tastes.
Samples and program libraries are decent in all three. But if you're looking at the engine itself, I would give it up to Sonik Synth 2 as the one that offers the most.
Remember that the libraries work in SampleTank 2 (and are suppose to import to SampleTank 3 also).
So if that's how you plan on using them, then the library itself is what you're shopping for and that is completely subjective.

(Along those lines, if it is the samples and programs you're wanting only, I have the install disks for TS3 with no licenses I'd be willing to sell you). :)
Last edited by BBFG# on Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheers, BBFG#, that's the advice I was hoping for, as it confirms my predisposition towards Sonic Synth 2 :tu:

BBFG# wrote:
Fleer wrote:Someone wishes to share his thoughts on Sampletron, SampleMoog and Sonik Synth 2?
Which one is worth it?
Depends or your tastes.
Samples and program libraries are decent in all three. But if you're looking at the engine itself, I would give it up to Sonik Synth 2 as the one that offers the most.
Remember that the libraries work in SampleTank 2 (and are suppose to import to SampleTank 3 also).
So if that's how you plan on using them, then the library itself is what you're shopping for and that is completely subjective.

(Along those lines, if it is the samples and programs you're wanting only, I have the install disks for TS3 with no licenses I'd be willing to sell you). :)
Except the engine is the same for all 3. They are all Sampletank skins.

I have ST3 and the synth content is rather limited, so I guess adding Sonic Synth is a fine add-on ...

Yeah, I'd say Moog is the one I would pass on. I like the other two.

BERFAB wrote:Tons of stuff on sale in JRRSHOP's latest email. But my favorite of the bunch is the Blue Tubes Analog Track Box from Nomad Factory. Just $9.99 USD gets you one of the best compression/saturation plugs around. Like a lot of KVRers, I've got a bunch of the latest saturation plugs, but Nomad's ATB (been around for awhile now) is still my go-to for taking the digital edge off my tracks.
There are times when I just wonder "Why is this so inexpensive"? Is it just because it is an older (vintage? ;) ) plugin?
------------------------------------------
Gribs

There's a free 16 track version of Pro Tools coming called Pro Tools | First. Not yet available, but you can sign-up to be notified.

http://gizmodo.com/pro-tools-is-releasi ... 1681240739

telecharge wrote:There's a free 16 track version of Pro Tools coming called Pro Tools | First. Not yet available, but you can sign-up to be notified.

http://gizmodo.com/pro-tools-is-releasi ... 1681240739
That's cool. Used to run a free 8 track version on my Powerbook 180.

What's up with all the goddam chat in the bargains NO CHAT thread? :help:
Fleer wrote:No chat, just explaining: you need to select other currency such as Pounds, hence £232 and $377. No tax added for US delivery.
This is chit-chat, why don't you update your original posting instead of making a new chat posting.

Chit for chat

Numanoid wrote:What's up with all the goddam chat in the bargains NO CHAT thread? :help:
Fleer wrote:No chat, just explaining: you need to select other currency such as Pounds, hence £232 and $377. No tax added for US delivery.
This is chit-chat, why don't you update your original posting instead of making a new chat posting.
Some weird sense of loyalty has spawned the necessary replies to them in the 'no chat section'.
Fleer was more on point. Others, not so much.
e.g.
Shipping, duties, taxes and the UPS/Fedex idiot (broker) tax make it probably not much better than Uncle E's price.
no tax for me at @jrrshop.
Even though the bargain was not JRR this time. People felt the need to rally for the higher price.
:shrug:

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”