Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

paterpeter wrote:
soundbylaura wrote:Got an email from Toontrack saying they are ending their upgrade pricing from EZ Drummer 1 to EZ Drummer 2 come December 31st. Bummer.
Yeah, I got that one, too. I'm really disappointed by the way they want to force you to upgrade. There's no other reason to remove the upgrade path. I was waiting for a sale on upgrades, but after the email I'm less interested in upgrading than ever. Bad style, Toontrack :-(
I got this too. Why on earth would you ever discontinue an upgrade path for a popular product?

Frankly, I was never really a fan of EZ1, and I think I got it really cheap in some no-brainer deal years ago. Hardly ever used it. If EZ2 is really a good item, I might decide a ways down the road to upgrade after the reviews come in. But now, seriously, I couldn't care less.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

+1. Other than greed, what could be the rationale for such a move?

bharris22 wrote:+1. Other than greed, what could be the rationale for such a move?
Maybe EZ Drummer 3 is coming. :roll:

BERFAB wrote:
paterpeter wrote:
soundbylaura wrote:Got an email from Toontrack saying they are ending their upgrade pricing from EZ Drummer 1 to EZ Drummer 2 come December 31st. Bummer.
Yeah, I got that one, too. I'm really disappointed by the way they want to force you to upgrade. There's no other reason to remove the upgrade path. I was waiting for a sale on upgrades, but after the email I'm less interested in upgrading than ever. Bad style, Toontrack :-(
I got this too. Why on earth would you ever discontinue an upgrade path for a popular product?

Frankly, I was never really a fan of EZ1, and I think I got it really cheap in some no-brainer deal years ago. Hardly ever used it. If EZ2 is really a good item, I might decide a ways down the road to upgrade after the reviews come in. But now, seriously, I couldn't care less.

-B
Agree and agree. I've been waiting for a sale, but they haven't done one. Though you can get it for $10 less at online stores not called Toontrack.

I really like the demos for EZD2, but the truth is I don't use EZD1 enough to spend money on it instead of something I know I'll use. My clients just haven't been sending me the kind of work I'd use EZD1 or 2 on.

And I definitely don't like feeling pushed to upgrade before I'm ready and/or have a need to do so. Bad form from Toontrack indeed.

Maybe this is new new trend now that subscription services have taken root: killing off products to get people to buy them (looking at you, Spitfire & LinPlugs).
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

paterpeter wrote:
You can upgrade from EZdrummer 1 to 2 at audiodeluxe for $71.99

https://audiodeluxe.com/products/toontr ... zdrummer-1 for $71.99 with code: OCT2015 if that's low enough.

Frankly, I have been waiting for Superior Drummer 2 to get updated with some of the new EZ Drummer 2 features (Easily swap kit pieces as in EZ drummer 2, which is a very convoluted process in Superior Drummer 2). "Tap to find" MIDI grooves that are similar to what was tapped. Superior Drummer 2 doesn't have this. As it is, Superior Drummer 2 is way more expensive than EZ Drummer 2 yet feels like a lesser product (regardless of the extra features that Superior Drummer 2 has over EZ drummer 2).

I am glad I bought the EZ drummer 2 upgrade from EZ drummer 1 for super cheap second hand in the market place a few months back... I use EZ Drummer 2 way more than Superior Drummer 2, which is ironic when you think about it..
Play it by ear

Hans25 wrote:
paterpeter wrote:
You can upgrade from EZdrummer 1 to 2 at audiodeluxe for $71.99

https://audiodeluxe.com/products/toontr ... zdrummer-1 for $71.99 with code: OCT2015 if that's low enough.
Thanks Hans! You are the master. I've put it on my Wish List and with Black Friday/Cyber Monday right around the corner, I'll see what turns up then.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

EASTWEST QL SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA SILVER - LICENSE $97.50
On jrrshop , it said :"License Only! Email Delivery!" does it mean we have to already have the DVD installers or Eastwest provide a download link ?

If you check at the Soundsonline.com site, you will see that Symphonic Orchestra Silver is a download only product, so I think you will get a download link.
If you are still unsure you should check with Jrrshop directly. They have a support email.

Thx MrFurious , the deal is very tempting...

soundbylaura wrote:Thanks Hans! You are the master. I've put it on my Wish List and with Black Friday/Cyber Monday right around the corner, I'll see what turns up then.
:tu:
I'm actully very worried regarding black friday. I think I might call my bank and make them lock my account until it's over.

Hans25 wrote:[
I'm actully very worried regarding black friday. I think I might call my bank and make them lock my account until it's over.
+1 :D :D :D

The last couple years I actually haven't bought that much on BF/CM, etc.

There were some good deals, but mostly for stuff I already had or passed on previously.

I think I bought more around X-mas and on into mid-Jan. (finishing up with the $99 best-deal-ever on Metasynth, since it was extended).

I play it like a big game, though... shopping, gambling, investing and research all rolled into one, pretty much all year long now (with forced lulls mostly in the first half of the year).

Sometimes, I try to focus mainly on updates and upgrades, too.

It'll be interesting to see what this season brings.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

hivkorn wrote:
EASTWEST QL SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA SILVER - LICENSE $97.50
On jrrshop , it said :"License Only! Email Delivery!" does it mean we have to already have the DVD installers or Eastwest provide a download link ?
EastWest has it set up so that license-only is literally license-only. You need the CCC Pro hard drive for one to be of any use due to the sounds not being provided.

However, like what was said before, Symphonic Orchestra Silver is only sold on the SoundsOnline site in download form with no option for license-only, so you should definitely inquire before purchasing.

Certainly more than a handful of decent presets amongst the 800 in Kontakt Shortnoise 2
€9.99 @ http://vstbuzz.com/deals/shortnoise-2/

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”