OT: Perseid visibility (sp?)

RELATED
PRODUCTS

sickle666 wrote: either that or it's a UFO & that pic is worth millions..
That must be it! :o

:wink:
G.

sickle666 wrote:That streak is probably a satellite. It looks like one of the Irridiums they put up about 8 years ago. They are spaced in orbit equidistantly & typically mar everyone's photos
Look where it is, though -- against the polar stars, moving strongly in declination, with a curve. No geosync orbit there. :-) Must be a UFO. *nodnod* Or a sporadic meteor, those are always around, just random bits of sand and stuff.

Meffy

[edit] After looking again, I see the streak doesn't have those dark markings that show something got in the way of the lens (all the star trails show those). That means either it moved fast, as a meteor would, or it's maybe a crease in the film base. :-D

Or a UFO. If that's the case you can expect it to land soon to destroy your photos... for the safety of the Rigelian Empire.

Meffy

Gwydi wrote:
sickle666 wrote: either that or it's a UFO & that pic is worth millions..
That must be it! :o

:wink:
G.

were all gonna die :-o :cry:

we're all gonna die anyway, we just don't know when.

bring me sunshine....

and errm, equal rights for goats

As Pogo Possum said, "Don't take life serious. It ain't nohow permanent."

Meffy

Here's a closeup of the streak. Unfortunately, I can't quite see the aliens waving, but that's probably because the resolution of the film is kept low by the government so nobody can accurately photograph what's really going on around us ... :lol:

CypherOne wrote:we're all gonna die anyway, we just don't know when.

bring me sunshine....

and errm, equal rights for goats

thats what im worried about :?

and yeah go goats!

Gwydi wrote:Here's a closeup of the streak.
Interesting coloration. Guess that's some crud in the sky... or it could be a real color change. The slight waviness and tapered ends (like a brush-stroke) make me think it's probably a meteor.

It's definitely not a UFO. I asked Marvin the Martian and he said he'd bet me a case of ACME Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulators that it wasn't.

Meffy

Interesting thread

Just to let you know that I was able to get some flea market specials: a 10x50 pair of Binocs for 7.00! They work pretty well, and now waiting for my 16x70 Celestron SkyMasters to come in from Amazon. So I am set up for Binocular astronomy, as well as meator watch ( but I guesss meator watching is naked eye..oh well.

I also got Star Atlas 2000 Deluxe edition for only $2.00! I was going to get it for Xmas for $40.00, but now I don't have to :-)It's a BIG ( as in size) Star Atlas as well, but is recommended as one of the best Star Atlases for Amature Astro-geezers ( like me)
TC

tconrardy wrote:Interesting thread

Just to let you know that I was able to get some flea market specials: a 10x50 pair of Binocs for 7.00! They work pretty well, and now waiting for my 16x70 Celestron SkyMasters to come in from Amazon. So I am set up for Binocular astronomy, as well as meator watch ( but I guesss meator watching is naked eye..oh well.

I also got Star Atlas 2000 Deluxe edition for only $2.00! I was going to get it for Xmas for $40.00, but now I don't have to :-)It's a BIG ( as in size) Star Atlas as well, but is recommended as one of the best Star Atlases for Amature Astro-geezers ( like me)
TC
Lemme know when you get an 18 inch Dob & I'll send you the complete Uranometria as a gift :D

sickle666 wrote:

TC
Lemme know when you get an 18 inch Dob & I'll send you the complete Uranometria as a gift :D
Thanks Donavan...I might hold you to that...you never know!! Guess if I had an 18",I would need something like that to be able to use it! ( BTW, for other members here: Uranometria is a 3 volume Star Atlas, the biggest you get get!

TC

tconrardy wrote:
sickle666 wrote:

TC
Thanks Donavan...I might hold you to that...you never know!! Guess if I had an 18",I would need something like that to be able to use it! ( BTW, for other members here: Uranometria is a 3 volume Star Atlas, the biggest you get get!

TC
Actually 4, but the 4th is a supplement :P

Return to “AlgoMusic”