MasterVerb 4 install - invalid mrpk, already installed

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to install MasterVerb 4 (receptorized version) on a Rec 2 Pro, and I'm getting this in the installer log:

Code: Select all

*** Installing '-log /home/Musician/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Drop Installers Here/masterverb-4_03-1.mrpk' - 2014-02-20 08:11:41 AM
Preparing packages for installation...
	package masterverb-4.03-1.i386 is already installed
--> Failed: /home/Musician/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Drop Installers Here/masterverb-4_03-1.mrpk - 08:11:41 AM

*** Installing '-log /home/Musician/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Drop Installers Here/._masterverb-4_03-1.mrpk' - 2014-02-20 08:11:42 AM
mrpk-install.sh: Invalid MRPK '/home/Musician/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Drop Installers Here/._masterverb-4_03-1.mrpk'
--> Failed: /home/Musician/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Drop Installers Here/._masterverb-4_03-1.mrpk - 08:11:42 AM
Looks like the original folder is there but the contents are gone, perhaps as a result of over-enthusiastic plug-in pruning.

Thoughts?

If I've mucked it up, it's not a huge deal. Just wondering if anyone has seen this and/or solved this before.

-John

Hopkihc,
Will you check you pm?...did you find a way to fix this?
If you did could you explain it here?
Many thanks Niven

Niven,

Sorry... No solution at this time, although I haven't reached out to tech support. I don't think I want to spend the per incident fee at this time.

John

The error is saying it is already installed, and depending on the vintage, SOME version of Masterverb will definitely have been installed.

So that raises the question as to why you are installing Masterverb 4? Was it deleted accidentally?

Bryan

The error is saying it is already installed, and depending on the vintage, SOME version of Masterverb will definitely have been installed.

So that raises the question as to why you are installing Masterverb 4? Was it deleted accidentally?

You might want to try removing it using the Unistall function in SETUP in the Mixer mode, and then try re-installing.

Bryan

Hi Bryan.

I went through the logs, and it looks like I uninstalled it (why I have no idea) a long time ago. It's not showing on the Uninstall screen, so I was a little puzzled to why the package manager thinks it's still installed.

In any event, it really isn't a big deal, as I have other reverb options. I was just wondering if I was overlooking something obvious.

Best,
-John

Did you try refreshing the plugin cache (Holding down MULTI while the unit is booting) to see if that cleared the issue?

You don't see it listed as a plugin in the Effects listing, correct?

If you want to fix it, it probably is doable fairly easily…

Bryan

Bryan,

I don't know if you heard that thud all the way out west, but that was me slapping my forehead.

When I looked more closely at the install log, it said Masterverb 5 was uninstalled.

Downloaded the right package (5 not 4!) from plugorama and I'm in business! At least as far as installing it. Still doesn't like my iLok (so it's in 30-day demo mode) but that's a separate issue for a separate thread ...after the forehead dent smooths out.

Cheers,
John

So THAT'S what that noise was…

Actually, the next time you open up the plugin the IlOk license should take effect, no pun intended. Okay, pun intended.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Cheers

Bryan

Return to “Muse Research and Development”