Quick help? Installing update taking forever, do I turn it off?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A bit of longshot here, I will have to turn it off in the next few hours, but worried that will leave it unusable?

I'm trying to update from 1.1.1 (I think) to 1.2 on Receptor VIP. I found all the instructions rather confusing, but eventually figured out that I download version 1.2 and dropped it into the folder "drop installers here". On the front panel (as it didn't seem to want to work from the GUI) I started the installation process.

After 12 hours it still says "Support: Installers" "Installing... I presume the install has failed, but it does not say failed. The instructions say in big large letters "do not turn off Receptor". So I don't know what to do. I tried pressing the button twice, then 3 times, nothing happens, GuI won't work.

Do I just press the power button until it turns off, or unplug it. but will turning it off cause severe problems and make it unusable?

I finally had to turn it off, was worried it might not work after doing so as the instructions implied the install would either show fail or successful, and in big red letters said do not turn off.

Fortunately it seems to be ok, but I am confused:

One of the instructions in the support data base said "NOTE: Receptor v1.2 update requires at least v1.1.0502151900 to be installed first.". I have v1.1.1, so isn't that more recent than 1.1.05 so should have been ok? Or have I misunderstood how s/w version numbers increase?

Hoping someone can help me:

Is v1.1.1 or v1.1.05 the most recent?

Why did my update not work?

Will replacing v1.1.1 with v1.1.05 fix my update problem?

If not what went wrong?

By my logic v1.1.1 is the most recent so I am reluctant to attempt loading v1.1.05 until I understand what's going on.

Hi, did you get any answers to your questions? I am about to update from 1.1.1 also.
Thanks

Hi gang

Okay, you asked for it… the definitive guide of everything you didn't know you actually cared about regarding Receptor software updates. The issue here is that there are different revision numbers for different generations of the code, and those vary by model, and those are regularly interspersed and confused with hardware revisions. And this gets even more complex when you have two different GUIs co-existing on the same drive, as we do with the newer models that support BOTH the MIXER mode and the RACK MODE. So let me explain the situation:

We have basically two different operating system code bases on our products.

1. There is the code base for the Original Receptor LIne… Rev A, B, C, Receptor Pro, Receptor Pro Max, Receptor 2,2+, Receptor 2 Pro Max… basically every product we made that had REMOVABLE RACK EARS.

2. The other code base is for the new Receptor line, which is VIP, TRIO, QU4TTRO, VIP2, and MuseBox. These units all have an Automatic Update function that will download and update your software with the appropriate version when it is connected to a network that has internet access by selecting Check for Updates from the GUI. If you own one of the newer models, you don't ever have to think about what OS you have, it is automatically updated when you enabled that function in the GUI. So stop reading if you have a new model Receptor.

The only systems you have to pay attention to OS revisions is code base #1, products with removable rack ears, and the ONLY software revision numbers that matter are the OS REVISION NUMBERS DISPLAYED IN THE SETUP PAGE. These are the only revision numbers that matter.

There have been many software updates through the years, and they typically have a format like this:

------------(begin Receptor 2 series, end of the road for Receptor 1 updates)------------
2.0.20120208 (not available as a download)

and then the paid upgrade with new features and plugins:

The earlier models, given their single core design culminating with the Rev C can upgrade up to 1.720080616 and no farther. The Receptor 2 family can be upgraded all the way to 1.9.20111221 for free, and then there are two more releases after that… what we call "2.0" which was installed on Receptor 2s that we shipped in 2012, and then "2.0.1" which is a paid upgrade for all Receptor 2 users that gives you the new RACK MODE features and an assortment of plugins and presets for the Rack Mode Sound Finder feature, which comes with the $199 upgrade cost.

SO… its easy to figure out what version you have… look at the number on the SETUP page. And then, to get to the latest version, you must download and install, in a sequential manner, each and every update until you get to the very last one. In other words, you can't jump from 1.8.20100127 to 1.9.20111221, you have to go from 1.8.20100127 to 1.8.20100623 and so on until you get to 1.9.20111221. Once you are at 1.9.20111221, you can install the 2.0.1 upgrade and enjoy the new RACK MODE features etc.

Hopefully that explains the situation… and if it doesn't then I will do my best to clarify…

Bryan

Hi gang

Okay, you asked for it… the definitive guide of everything you didn't know you actually cared about regarding Receptor software updates. The issue here is that there are different revision numbers for different generations of the code, and those vary by model, and those are regularly interspersed and confused with hardware revisions. And this gets even more complex when you have two different GUIs co-existing on the same drive, as we do with the newer models that support BOTH the MIXER mode and the RACK MODE. So let me explain the situation:

We have basically two different operating system code bases on our products.

1. There is the code base for the Original Receptor LIne… Rev A, B, C, Receptor Pro, Receptor Pro Max, Receptor 2,2+, Receptor 2 Pro Max… basically every product we made that had REMOVABLE RACK EARS.

2. The other code base is for the new Receptor line, which is VIP, TRIO, QU4TTRO, VIP2, and MuseBox. These units all have an Automatic Update function that will download and update your software with the appropriate version when it is connected to a network that has internet access by selecting Check for Updates from the GUI. If you own one of the newer models, you don't ever have to think about what OS you have, it is automatically updated when you enabled that function in the GUI. So stop reading if you have a new model Receptor.

The only systems you have to pay attention to OS revisions is code base #1, products with removable rack ears, and the ONLY software revision numbers that matter are the OS REVISION NUMBERS DISPLAYED IN THE SETUP PAGE. These are the only revision numbers that matter.

There have been many software updates through the years, and they typically have a format like this:

------------(begin Receptor 2 series, end of the road for Receptor 1 updates)------------
2.0.20120208 (not available as a download)

and then the paid upgrade with new features and plugins:

The earlier models, given their single core design culminating with the Rev C can upgrade up to 1.720080616 and no farther. The Receptor 2 family can be upgraded all the way to 1.9.20111221 for free, and then there are two more releases after that… what we call "2.0" which was installed on Receptor 2s that we shipped in 2012, and then "2.0.1" which is a paid upgrade for all Receptor 2 users that gives you the new RACK MODE features and an assortment of plugins and presets for the Rack Mode Sound Finder feature, which comes with the $199 upgrade cost.

SO… its easy to figure out what version you have… look at the number on the SETUP page. And then, to get to the latest version, you must download and install, in a sequential manner, each and every update until you get to the very last one. In other words, you can't jump from 1.8.20100127 to 1.9.20111221, you have to go from 1.8.20100127 to 1.8.20100623 and so on until you get to 1.9.20111221. Once you are at 1.9.20111221, you can install the 2.0.1 upgrade and enjoy the new RACK MODE features etc.

Hopefully that explains the situation… and if it doesn't then I will do my best to clarify…

Bryan

Return to “Muse Research and Development”