kontakt player and full kontakt 5 at the same time?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is this possible in the newest receptor os? I tried to install both on my quattro, but ended up with some messiness-kontakt player seemed to take the place of full kontakt. I have been unable to authorize the sonic couture halo drum sample set in kontakt 5 (even though I have successfully authorized 3 of their other libraries!), and I am hoping that using kontakt player for that library may be a workaround. The main sticking point would be the necessity of having presets that use both full kontakt 5 and kontakt player without issue.

Thanks for any perspectives!

I think what you are running in to is the fact the Kontakt is now heavily virtualized. This happened back in I think Kontakt 3.5, where each time you open up another instance of Kontakt it actually DOES NOT load in another separate DLL. The whole idea is to maximize the utilization of RAM, and since each time you loaded up Kontakt it swiped like 250MB of RAM, this was a good decision on their part.

I guess this really begs the question of why you'd want to run separate instances of Kontakt player and Kontakt at the same times? You can load the libraries into Kontakt and run them with one or more instances, and using multiple outputs and the MIDI filter you can "talk" to the different libraries on different MIDI channels, and have the audio outputs come out different hardware outputs on Receptor…

Can I ask why you are wanting to run both at the same time?? Shouldn't be necessary…

Bryan

Thanks for the reply Brian. The purpose of running both would be to see if I can authorize the sonic souture halo drum library in kontakt player, as I have not been able to authorize the library in full kontatk 5 or 3.5. It may not make any difference, and this may be a completely illogical proposition, but I have tried everything else I can think of! This is one of my favorite sample sets, and I have not been able to use it since upgrading from a Receptor 2 to a Quattro, even though I have authorized 3 other sonic couture libraries through full kontakt 5 on the Quattro.
I have tried authorizing in kontakt 3.5 and 5 in mix mode, kontatk 5 in rack mode, and have asked the sonic couture developers for help-no luck.

Authorizing the libraries can be done in either program. You might want to use the OFFLINE method because that is definitely the most reliable… they did an upgrade to Service CEnter which BREAKS the service center on Receptor as it expects to run in Windows 8, and we have only XP and 7 compatibility.

Once the libraries are authorized, you can open them in EITHER the player or the full version of Kontakt.

You might want to fill out a help desk ticket and someone in tech support can see if they can help…

Cheers

Bryan

I will fill out a help desk ticket, but will also post it here, just in case someone else has run into this issue. The biggest problem I have had trying to activate the Sonic Couture Pan Drums library is that it does not show up in the list of activated or registered libraries in the service center. Is there a way to force it to show up manually? It is definitely a library that needs to be activated through the service center.
Thanks!

Return to “Muse Research and Development”