Trio live mode freezing

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi friends.
I'm coming back from my first gig where I intensively used my receptor trio in live mode.
My tag consisted of about 30 patches including Pianoteq, Omnisphere and Kontakt banks.
I noticed that, quite frequently and quite randomly, changing from one sound to another caused the CPU meter to turn red, and sometimes the receptor to freeze until I reset it.
Is there anything I could do to avoid this problem? With the next generation of receptors behave better in this matter?
Thanks for your help,
Best,
JPR
Jean-Philippe Rykiel, the Blind one
My Soundcloud
My Facebook page

I have had the best consistency with performing live tags without freezes when I keep them at a size I can load all presets into RAM, and to be very specific about which plugins I use. I have found the ones that work solidly (mostly kontakt, battery, lounge lizard, guitar rig) and stuck with them. Pianoteq is a new one for me, it has been somewhat problematic, and I have found myself handling what was a pretty solid setup a little more delicately-I have the best results when I wait for my tag to load, then do a program change to a pianteq preset, being very patient, as there tends to be a lag the first time. I have had a situation happen several times with switching to a pianoteq preset where I though that the Receptor has frozen, and finally realized that it was all the usb controllers had stopped responding. A controller I had plugged straight to midi still worked and I was able to change to other presets, but I had to restart to get the usb working again. I reccommend going carefully through your tag (not in live mode first) with the receptor hooked up to a monitor and seeing which presets are stalling, and what is happening during the preset loading. You may find that it is one vst or patch that is causing your issues.I personally have found it worth the effort. Good luck!

Return to “Muse Research and Development”