musebox for cheap at sweetwater

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Worth it for $200 for a backup machine or simple gigs? I have not been able to figure out if installing kontakt would be possible-all the info online says that you can't install your own vst's, but from the videos I have seen it looks like the Musebox uses the full 2.0 operating system, so why wouldn't installing other vst's and samples work? Any idea if that capability is actually crippled? I do not use any of the pre-loaded Muse player sounds on my quattro, so that does not entice me to the Musebox, but there are some good audio effects included, along with the AAS player. Unless I could use some of my other sample/medeling plugins it would probably be more frustrating than useful. Have any REceptor 2/VIP/Quattro users purchased one of these?

Never pulled the trigger on one of these for the reason you stated. I do see that you can acces the hard drive via Muse Tools yet don't know if there is a "Drop Installers Here" setup.
WIW, I've seen multiple of these for around this price throughout this year, so if you don't get this one there will likely be another available somewhere else.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Return to “Muse Research and Development”