Preference on VST Hosts for Home-built computer

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking to find an appropriate host for a new rack mount computer. I have certain necessities but I'm curious what has worked for any of you folks and what your favorite feature is.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Hi
I use Brainspawn Forte in mine .I tried Cantabile but never rearly got on with it the two work a bit differentley but the results are the same.I found Forte was easier to configure "out of the box" so i stuck with it forte is also a bit cheaper.I also tried Bloxpander but it is not yet capable of doing what i needed it to do.It looks very nice though and is updadet quite often!
Regards Andy

I've been trying to download Forte for sampling but my PC HD just died. Looking forward to seeing what it's about. I know Cantabile is a fav among quite a few. Right now, the main thing that's been missing in MuseRack is the ability to stack multiple FX plugins. Mixer mode had than beautifully as you could easily rearrange the signal pathway of them if needed. I've settled on the MuseRack due to Live Mode.
At the University I run everything though Presonus Studio One which allows me the ability to drag and drop all VSTs, AUs, presets, samples, ...everything in an instant. This is great for the whimsy of the instructors who often change the lesson during the day or don't even plan a class. Or, even more interesting, a surprise guest artist shows up and want's... lord, knows. It's VERY taxing on my computer and I can only play one or two things at once. Lately there have been audio interface clock issues as well. One bonus is that when something is right, I get to record it and tweak the recording (as it's a DAW) for the final at the end of the year.
Can't wait to build my own computer.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Still waiting to fix HD and check out Brainspawn but while checking out a Komplete Kontrol I realized another requirement for a software host. MIDI sending. This lacking sent me on weeks of workaround upon first receiving my T3io. Perhaps this two way communication was part of the Komplete debacle. Maybe not. Still, I need my software and device I build to RX/TX MIDI CC, program, clock info.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Brainspawn supports midi sending as long as the interface you are using has hardware for it you can run uour whole rig sending midi out of Forte.Cantabile is the same//Andy

Return to “Muse Research and Development”