Improvement Wishes [Add Yours]

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ability to use shortcuts.

example: I'm in MIX-Mode and wish to change a plug-in-source... then I always have to take my mouse, go to the source field... click...close the window and so on... :(

I'd like to e.g. press ctrl+P (for plugin?! :help: ) ..the window opens - I could select a plugin by up/down cursor-tabs...
and by ENTER-tab, the window closes again...

I'd also like to be able to change the master tempo (in setup) without using a keyboard - seems logical!

boog.

Hi guys,

In another post we were talking about the built-in keyboard for XP (image of a keyboard pops up on screen, so you can type in without a hardware keyboard) - can you forsee a way of getting it working on the Receptor? If not, how hard would it be to design a little addition to the GUI, enabling you to enter data using something similar?

Also, being able to control the FX busses via midi is vital for me! They don't receive midi at all at the moment :-(

Cheers,

boog.

Ability to rename plugins and patches

I don't know if this is possible...

but having lots of plugins on my RECEPTOR makes it quite hard to know to 100% which plugins these ones are... (sometimes the names are in-sufficient... )

e.g. Synth-Edit made plugins..

Thanx
Rob

Import of image files (bmp, jpeg, pdf ?!)

This would be great as you could read score-sheets etc... :P :wink:

Hi guys,

I've been thinking about the most important improvements, and here's one which I reckon would make the Receptor ROCK! And here it is (drum roll please)...

The thing about playing with the Receptor live as opposed to using it in the studio is being able to change patches/edit parameters quickly. Therefore, I reckon it would be great if, when you open up a single patch (not a multi), the screen changes to the single channel, and visible on the screen are the instruments GUI *AND* any used FX slots GUI. Hope I'm being as clear as mud here...

For example, if I opened up Mr Ray 2.2 (great plug, by the way) as a single patch, you would see the GUI for Mr Ray on screen, as well as any open FX slots in your single patch preset. Then, as you were playing, you could tweak the instrument and the effect without having to open one, edit, close that, edit, etc.

Waddya reckon?

Boog.

I understand the part where when you load a single patch you see the GUI of the source instrument. I'm not sure if I understand the rest. Do you mean that the GUI for any instantiated F/X would also show? How? Would there be a scroll bar if they don't fit on the screen?
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

Hi Dan,

Yes, I meant that you could see any instantiated FX as well. The scroll bar thing would be great, if they didn't fit - still easier than the current system!

Cheers,

Boog.

So here's a big wishlist item .....

Multi USB keyboard support.

This was never apparent to me from the literature or specs. Apparently, the current limitation is that you can only use two controllers with Receptor, and one of them must be thru the MIDI port.

I tried two USB keyboards through 2 (of the 4 available) USB ports. Recepter either hung during initialization, or disabled audio from the outputs.

This limitation really affects my 'live' usage - I'm tring to replace 2-3 (special purpose) keyboards in a rig with Receptor and 2-3 USB controllers.

Most USB controllers don't typically have MIDI in's, so combining controllers on the same wire is not much of an option.

Hi guys,

I'm using a Technics P30 to control the Receptor at the moment. It's a pretty crappy controller, but I LOVE the action (and the weight) - I've had others, but the Technics just suits me for some reason.

Anyway, it's extremely limited in most of it's features, including midi. And it's velocity curve is irritating when playing VST's - not enough bite, no mattter how hard you slam!

Is there a VST out there which I can insert on each channel of the Receptor to help with velocity curves?

The other thing is, I can only send from the Technics on all channels or on channel 1, which is annoying when you want to load a multi patch and switch from one channel to the next, without wasting time pressing bypass/unbypass etc. Is there some way I haven't figured out to work around this?

Thanks in advance - probably would have ditched the Receptor by now if it wasn't for this forum!

Cheers,

Boog.

Also, the ability to change the screen resolution/size of the GUI would be VERY handy. This means you could use the Receptor's GUI on an 800X600 screen, etc.

B.

the bottom of the remote view window is always cut out as it's windowing at 1024 in a 1024x768 window means some of that window is blocked. it would be fine to have that window a lil smaller, or if that;s not possible shrink the actual receptor remote screen a little bit. it would be much better to have the screen be a lil smaller and see all of it.

Categories

Would be fine to being able to subdivide the plugins into several categories (as lead synth, Pads, Organs whatever..! ;)

1. pitchbend-range

e.g. in midi-filter-window:
(next to vel-switch, key-zones and transpose)

pitchbend-range

2. being able to choose between yes/no for:

enable program change
enbale control change
enable aftertouch
enable (sustain) pedal
enable pitch bend

(for each channel/instrument - that would be a nice and helpful feature, especially for live usage)
Last edited by Robert Karasek on Sat May 14, 2005 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Save SINGLE/MULTI-patches on external medium

would be great to be able to save my own sound creations on an external medium (usb drive etc).
at the moment, the only way to do so is: "create a new bank" and save my "patch" in there...
now, the patches are on my internal HD.

or is there already a possibility to do so and I didn't think far enough ?!

Return to “Muse Research and Development”