Improvement Wishes [Add Yours]

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CPU-GAUGE in EDIT-Mode

sometimes it would be quite helpful to have a look at the CPU-usage in a plugin's EDIT-mode as well, not only in MIX-mode.

Hi guys,

Another one, which would be almost VITAL if using Stylus RMX on the Receptor live - being able to tap in tempo, using mouse, keyboard (musical or computer), sustain pedal - anything!

Pretty please!!

:D

Simple Knob-Assignment Feature in Edit-Modes

I'm in EDIT-mode and enter the LEARN/FACELESS-mode.
Especially in FACELESS-mode (where all paramters are shown) I'd like to see the KNOB ASSIGNMENTS, at least for knobs #1-#4.
It would be enough to have that yello box next to the parameter. and i mean: BEFORE I have edited the patch.
This way, I wouldn't have to turn a knob, just for getting to know, which parameter it is assigned to (and still "worse": the sound is modified now... that means, I have to "reactivate" that patch).

(actually, a refresh-button would solve this problem, as well! :roll: )

Rob

MIDI Monitor

A little feature if possible:
having a function to see, which data is coming in (especially CC#).

Reordering Parameters WITHOUT keyboard

I want to avoid to plug a keyboard just to being able "to write some numbers" for editing etc...
maybe it's possible to have the folliwung way: click parameter to being changed/moved - click "move to" - click desired place - click "do it".
that would be fine ;)

(refering: page 115, ver. 1.2)

More flexible CC# - Assignements

KNOB #1 should not always be forced to be CC# 16 etc. :x :hihi:

On-board sequencer. I know it's been mentioned before and EnergyXT is on the wishlist, but it would also be a good sales feature for Muse to have their own sequencer on Receptor, thereby making it a truly standalone all-in-wonderbox. Laptop linked via Uniwire will be great, but it's double the risk of crashes for live use.

Duh?? More RAM!

I can't believe no one has said this; but long before some of these great additions and improvements, I'd like to see the Receptor take 4 GB of RAM.
It seems to me that a lot of the problems of this unit come from loading the more CPU intensive Multi's.
I don't have a Receptor yet, and it is ALMOST the answer to my dreams (I'm a professional live keyboardist) but I can't see myself purchasing, custom ordering the largest available HD, maxing out the RAM (2 GB) and then having problems if I want more than just the best available piano's (which are big CPU hogs and have huge sample libraries)

Wouldn't an option of a 4 GB unit (expensive as it may be) solve many of the issues I've been reading about, elsewhere in this forum?
Isn't confident stability more important than, say, the luxory of an on-board sequencer? (No offence 2U moseslawn : )
JV

JayVee wrote:Duh?? More RAM!
yeah, I already mentioned this somewhere some time ago, as well. this would be a great feature for us live keyboardists ... but 2GB aren't THAT bad at the moment :P :roll:

Continuing on from my "being able to play mp3s" idea, which was universally ignored... :o

I was just wondering if I'm seriously alone in this being an important feature?? I do lots of gigs, ranging from solo to large ensembles, and quite often I supply the PA :cry:

Some venues either have no facilities for playing background music, or prefer the muso to take care of their breaks, and as I'm streamlining my setup, this would be INCREDIBLY handy!

:hihi:

well, you could use USB-sticks, CD-player (portable), iPods and so on... maybe you should start a topic in the INSTRUMENT FORUM hoping that someone will create such a plugin... MUSE is quite busy anyway ;)

I heard that the latest version of mp3play works on Receptor.

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/604.html

I haven't tried it myself, but that's what I heard.
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

Hmmm...

I'll try it again. It would either crash, or, well, crash when I tried it last time, especially if you tried to load a set break worth of mp3's (or one big one).

I was going to ask about the USB sticks, Robert, but I didn't think that'd work on Receptor either..? The other stuff isn't exactly streamlining my setup, as that's what I was using beforehand.

B.

mp3play2 loads fine on Receptor (1.2) here. It allows me to load several MP3s and change between them, slow them down, speed them up, use the filters, loop and skip controls, etc. and they play and loop/cycle continuously as required. I also had a full chain of effects instantiated after it to further destroy the music, with no problems.... Of course there may be specific settings or specific MP3s that cause problems...

Did you previously try mp3play1 or 2?

Download version 2 (beta) here: http://www.askywhale.com/vst/mp3play2.zip

You know what would make me REALLY happy?
Saving buffer size with a multi, so patches that couldn't handle 128 could be at 256 and ones that could, could stay at 128....
I find myself having to switch that alot.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”