Classic ZynAddSubFX VST download

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is that the one I should download for 32-bit Win?
I tried, but page says file is set to private.

get the one from my previous post (450beta). Link of the latest version is always also on first page of this thread

LE: I also removed the old one because it had only the dll (no source code or licence)
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

jackoo wrote:@IbiM: Does this solve your problem on win7?

ver. 2.4.1.450beta VST VDX version

- Fixed crashing GUI on multiple open xmz dialogs *really* this time :D
(Tweaked on FLTK some more....Or so I hope... I can't test on win7. But theoretically now it should work there also)

VDX
Hey jackoo, first of all many thanks for all the efforts you put into this so far. Still not completely there though i'm afraid... :(

I was able to load presets a few times, but still get crashes
Behaviour of the UI after crash has definitely changed with this version though, so the answer probably lies in 'tweaking the FLTK' (chinese to me I must admit :oops: ) some more.

Here's what happens now :
when i click open parameter the browser window now opens (generally a little longer but stil less than a second) to disappear again. After that the UI still responds to the following commands (which it didn't before!):

- file --> open settings
- file --> copyright
- file --> exit

- instrument --> clear instrument
- instrument --> show inst bank and load .xiz from there and play it but not save changes
- instrument --> open virtual keyboard
- change user interface

cfg file is now visible/readable from C:\ZynAddSubFX path in MSexplore

greetings

jackoo wrote:
IbiM wrote:So could it be that there is still an issue with loading xmz and win 7 (32b)?

LE: important question: if you ever get to actually show the open file browser (in win7), when the browser window is active, can you click back on zyn's interface and open other zyn windows, or are they locked by the browser window?

Yes in this case I can, I can e.g. open the virtual keyboard while the browser is open.

I tried the DLL yesterday and then this newest version today. Although it doesn't seem to hurt anything, I'm consistently getting an error message when it unloads, either closing a project or closing Reaper, that reaper_host.exe has stopped working, with the application being the zynaddsubfx unload. I confirmed again that I have it set up as v'ger recommended, with the default run option.

Also, it doesn't remember the path that I set for loading an instrument; it always reverts to whatever file path has been most recently referenced on the system.

This is 64 bit Windows 7 using the most recent Reaper Version 4 alpha 54 64 bit version.

Later,
Hartley

IbiM wrote:
jackoo wrote:
IbiM wrote:So could it be that there is still an issue with loading xmz and win 7 (32b)?

LE: important question: if you ever get to actually show the open file browser (in win7), when the browser window is active, can you click back on zyn's interface and open other zyn windows, or are they locked by the browser window?

Yes in this case I can, I can e.g. open the virtual keyboard while the browser is open.
Does it do the same with the save xmz dialog (save parameters instead of open)?

@IbiM:

<<Link removed. Please use 452beta>>

Any better? :D :oops: :shock: :-o :o :help:
Last edited by jackoo on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hartley Mays wrote:I tried the DLL yesterday and then this newest version today. Although it doesn't seem to hurt anything, I'm consistently getting an error message when it unloads, either closing a project or closing Reaper, that reaper_host.exe has stopped working, with the application being the zynaddsubfx unload. I confirmed again that I have it set up as v'ger recommended, with the default run option.

Also, it doesn't remember the path that I set for loading an instrument; it always reverts to whatever file path has been most recently referenced on the system.

This is 64 bit Windows 7 using the most recent Reaper Version 4 alpha 54 64 bit version.

Later,
Hartley
Reaper_host.exe running means Zyn is running as a separate or dedicated process, so try different settings in preferences > Plug-ins > VST Bridging.

The path for loading instruments will open to default yes, but you can add paths to favorites by clicking its box top right in the dialog.

jackoo wrote:get the one from my previous post (450beta). Link of the latest version is always also on first page of this thread
thank you

@jackoo:

:hail: :band: YES IT WORKS NOW!!! :band: :hail:

Thanks again for all the efforts you put into this! These actually are my first experiences with support on any KVR forum and I must say I'm quite impressed with the support I get on this place. Keep up the good works I would say!
I really think the (natural) sound of this synth is quite impressive (better than most ones I paid for), the fact that it's free yet supported with so much enthousiasm makes it all the more fun to play with.

greetings,

IbiM

I downloaded and installed the latest available version per instructions in the readme.
My ASIO setting of 448 was not available in Settings.
I could not change it there either. In the osc drop-down the closest available setting was 512.
The tabs at the top for switching views in Settings do not appear to respond to mouse-clicks.
This is using latest beta version of FL.

Edit: Other controls on some window(s) also do not respond.

Musical Gym wrote:My ASIO setting of 448 was not available in Settings.
I could not change it there either. In the osc drop-down the closest available setting was 512.
What do you mean is not available? For the buffer size, you can write any value you like in the text box.

The oscil size, you're right it must be a power of 2. It must also NOT be lower than your buffer size. So 512 is just fine.

After you make modifications in the settings window, you must unload zyn. The saving of the cfg file is done when unloading. Then please check in C:\ZynAddSubFX the cfg file, if the values for the buffer were correctly written.

If by some weird cause the values in the cfg file were not updated, you may edit them manually in any text editor.

<par name="sound_buffer_size" value="448"/>
<par name="oscil_size" value="512"/>
Musical Gym wrote:The tabs at the top for switching views in Settings do not appear to respond to mouse-clicks.
This sounds very weird. Haven't encountered this. What version of Windows are you using?
Musical Gym wrote:Other controls on some window(s) also do not respond.
Could you please be more specific? Which controls, on which windows do not respond?

All in all, if you're using Win7, the only thing I can think of is an issue of FLTK with the tabs in the settings window. Try to fill in the values manually in the cfg file. See if that works.

If it is windows7, also check out the version for IbIM (which fixes the open/save parameters browser windows for win7)

Do you experience any other weird stuff? like sound clipping or such? What ASIO Drivers do you use?

I think I may have had a memory/screen repainting problem.
I unloaded Zyn and checked for cfg file. It was there.
When first trying to activate the buffer size textbox it didn't respond.
Later tonight things were working.
I went into the cfg file and changed it to 448. I could also manipulate the text box.
The tabs that were not responding most likely were the Settings tabs, although other tabs probably were non-responsive intitially.
Also, when attempting to select a checkbox in the Panel window, nothing was responding initially, but tonight (this morning) all tried so far is responding quickly.
I believe I've had utilities on silent mode most of the day, so I don't know how or why for the memory consumption or whatever was causing initial non-response.
I use XP sp2 2.66ghz 2gb ram
Aardvark soundcard

No other weird stuff yet.
Thanks much for response.
Jim

When using 2.4.1.448beta VST VDX version of zyn,

I had a major meter-pegging sound :shock: explosion. Emergency shutdown!

While using Reaper in XP SP3, zyn was loaded after
2 commercial instruments, and the runaway sound happened while changing patches in zyn,
so those with expensive monitors, beware, and for general good luck, headphones should
have connectors placed for near-instant disconnects, use an adaptor cable, with the
connection by your keyboard.
Cheers
@ Jackoo: Thanks for your continuing improvements! I'll install the new version now 8)

Cheers

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”