Problem in Cubase CS4 with Stereoscope Multi (demo version)

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi all
I am trying out this demo.When i want to write the name of the track i want to analyse in the Stereoscope,i find that cubase starts erasing trax!I have nothing set in my preferences for this,its only in the edit menu in cubase.So,how does the Stereoscope manage to communicate to cubase to erase trax and not simply type in the letter i want like kik for example.
To be still clearer,i wanted to erase untitled or whatever in Stereoscope,then type in kik.Trying to do this causes cubase to start erasing trax.It also crashes cubase.So, not touching this at all,i could try out the demo ok.
Any advice?

Thanx careyj.

Permission to advise?? :oops: koolkeys?
Any one want to comment RE. PERmission to advise? :hihi:

Hi,

we have indeed a known bug in the Multi series that will forward some key events (such as "del") from an edit box to the host application. So if you hit the "del" key and the host application catches this event then it might do something (in your case it deletes the current track!). We have a fix for this problem and we will be releasing a new version including this fix very soon. In the meantime you can replace the existing "untitled" name using the following method: select the "untitled" word and type in your new name. It will replace the name without having to use the delete key.

We are aware this issue is very annoying, so we will do our best to release a new version asap.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

thanx! it freaked me out a bit.Will try your advice.Hoping this will be a very helpful tool for mixing.

cheers careyj

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Hi,

we have indeed a known bug in the Multi series that will forward some key events (such as "del") from an edit box to the host application. So if you hit the "del" key and the host application catches this event then it might do something (in your case it deletes the current track!). We have a fix for this problem and we will be releasing a new version including this fix very soon. In the meantime you can replace the existing "untitled" name using the following method: select the "untitled" word and type in your new name. It will replace the name without having to use the delete key.

We are aware this issue is very annoying, so we will do our best to release a new version asap.

Sorry for this inconvenience.
This is not a good solution, even as a temporary one - all the letters you type are still being forwarded to Cubase and treated as shortcuts.
Who? Who? What are you, a f***ing owl? ©
Me on Twitter.

ok, sorry for that. I guess we have no other choice but release the fix asap. The only complaints we had until now were about the delete key.

do you have a date for this fix please?

cheers careyj

Yes, the new version should be released within two weeks. But contact me by PM if you wish to receive a preview before the official release.

blue cat,that,s very kind.
I think i,ll wait until you release it,i,m not very good as a tester lol.
From what i,ve seen so far,it looks just right for me to check for blocked freq,s between basses and kik.
A+ careyj.

Ok, we'll let you know when the new version is out.

Thanks for your interest in our products.

The new version that is now online should now fix the problem. Thanks again for reporting it.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”