Patchwork Feature suggestion

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
I am new to your forum and program. It seems like a great product! I have a suggestion.
I think it would be great if we could store individual presets for individual plugins.

Let me explain-
I would like to use Patchwork to play instruments in a live setting. I want to load in a "multi" which would hold, let's say eight instrument plugins.
I would set these instruments up to receive midi on channels 1 through 8.
I would then send patch changes on the individual channels to the specific instruments.
By doing this the plugins would not need to reinstatiate each time, they would just change parameters.

This currently works with some plugins such as Kontakt, Absynth, …. all the NI instruments. In these programs you can create your own patch lists. Where it doesn't work is with instruments such as UVI Workstation, Atmosphere, Omnisphere.

Would this be possible?

Thank you for the suggestion. Adding individual presets management for plug-ins would indeed be a nice addition. It is currently not a top priority in our todo list, though.

If it s not as convenient if you just need to change the settings for a single plug-in, you can still store complete effect chains as presets. By the way. when the chain is reloaded, if the plug-ins are the same, they are not reloaded: only their settings are reloaded from the preset.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Thank you for the suggestion. Adding individual presets management for plug-ins would indeed be a nice addition. It is currently not a top priority in our todo list, though.
That's crazy, what's the point of being able to load a plugin if you can't load, or save, its presets? That should be your number one priority (apart from critical things like bugfixes and stability) because without that you are not fully supporting loading plugins. This is the main reason I have not bought your plugin yet.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”