Upcoming ManyTone Fretless Bass (Now Released)

Official support for: manytone.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Again

EDIT: Beta tester positions have now been filled.

For those following the thread, here is a summary of the MP3 Demo tracks released so far.

http://www.manybass.com/audio/fretlessdemo1.mp3
http://www.manybass.com/audio/teentown.mp3
http://www.gregjazz.com/upload/redcoats.mp3
http://www.gregjazz.com/upload/funkyfretless.mp3

Cheers
Paul
Last edited by manytone on Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radjo wrote:
MotorMind wrote:Nice, but I prefer to play the real thing. This library doesn't even come close to sounding like a real fretless bass.
Dude, that is an insult to Greg's incredible demo songs.
The 2 demo tracks are very realistic sounding considering they are sequenced bass. Rather than just popping in the Manytone forum and disrespecting, why don't you put your Jaco where your mouth is. Perhaps let us hear you play a part of the above track.
I didn't critisize Greg's playing. He plays fine, but it still doesn't sound like a real fretless bass. I don't see why one would have to be able to play bass to be able to judge how it sounds anyway.

MotorMind wrote: I didn't critisize Greg's playing. He plays fine, but it still doesn't sound like a real fretless bass.
I don't understand why it doesn't sound like a "real fretless bass". It's sampled DI from a real fretless bass, so I can only assume you're saying that the sequencing does not capture certain noticeable traits which reflect the way basses are played.

I'm not sure what you're looking for... do you want more bends and stuff that show off that characteristic ability of the instrument? Because the library can do bendy stuff, too.
MotorMind wrote:I don't see why one would have to be able to play bass to be able to judge how it sounds anyway.
No, you're right, everyone is welcome to have an opinion on how the instrument sounds. However, being able to play bass would give one more discernment regarding the realism of the instrument. My goal for every instrument I sample is for the samplesets to sound as realistic as possible, and I'm really happy with the way the fretless turned out.

The harmonics sound good, overall tone seems a tad thin but that could just be an EQ issue, perhaps a bit more legato in the playing would enhance the "fretlessness" of the demo.

This comes from a 20+ year bassist, just so you know my perspective on bass-sampling issues.
All instruments are artificial

So.......how's the BETA testing going? :D

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

hey wondering the same thing my self :hyper:

Caleb wrote:So.......how's the BETA testing going? :D

Regards
Caleb
Everything seems ready for release in that department. In fact all the packages in various formats are on the server and ready to serve.

We are now completing the little bits of Web work that is needed. As I said we updated the whole site to make it easier to use. We just have a few final details to sort there and that is our priority. The new website will be unveiled at the same time as the fretless bass.

Release of everything will be this week unless something unseen happens.

Paul
Last edited by manytone on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Good news, looking forward to it :D
FACT: ‘In the past 50 years, one-third of the world’s rainforests have been lost’.

Oooh Golly - Paul made a time commitment. You know what that means.

Get your wallets ready!

:D

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Caleb wrote:Oooh Golly - Paul made a time commitment. You know what that means.

Get your wallets ready!

:D

Regards
Caleb
Hehe
I may off by a day with the launch as I just got called out of the office for a few days.

We have everything ready, I just can't launch it till I am back in the studio.

Still might make it this week though as I mentioned earlier. We'll see how busy the next days keep me. It is ready for launch though!
Paul

manytone wrote:Hehe
I may off by a day with the launch as I just got called out of the office for a few days.

We have everything ready, I just can't launch it till I am back in the studio.

Still might make it this week though as I mentioned earlier. We'll see how busy the next days keep me. It is ready for launch though!
Paul
OH! you cruel teaser!!!!!!!! :cry:
How much will it cost? I have to make some planning for this 8)
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Good news guys...

We made it this week as I had originally promised!

The new website is now live, as is the info and purchase links for the new ManyTone Fretless Bass. There is an intro price special available.
Single format - $49.95 (Regular $59.95)
Multi format - $59.95 (Regular $69.95)

All current ManyTone customers will get an email in the next days with a special link to purchase the Multi format at the Single format price for a short time. This is a small extra bonus for being a ManyTone customer.

NOTE: ManyTone customers who wish to purchase Multi format before they get the email from us.... just use the single format link and email me to tell me what formats you want. Once I confirm you are a customer, I'll send you the various packages.

The official news and press release etc. will go out Monday or Tuesday as it is the weekend at this time.

I'll also post some official threads announcing the release soon.

Let us know what you guys think of the new site.
Cheers
Paul

hey paul i just bought the single version i assume it comes for manybass version :?

cain wrote:hey paul i just bought the single version i assume it comes for manybass version :?
Single format comes in either ManyBass (ManyTone instruments), Wusik, Cakewalk Dimension and SFZ, Kontakt or SF2.

Multi format includes all the above.

There was a space on the order form to tell us what format you want. I guess most people miss that box.

I'll send you the ManyBass version now, and as you are an existing customer, if you want other formats just let me know.
Thanks cain, you were the first customer!
Paul
Last edited by manytone on Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cool paul thanks, thats the version i wanted :D

Return to “Manytone Music”