Using fx on ManyBass and ManyGuitar?

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. I recently bought these VSTi's and really love them. I find them very easy to program very realistic bass and guitar tracks.

Ok my question is. What effects do you use on these (eq, compression) etc when mixing? All my effects are freeware apart from IIEQpro 2.0 and LP10. What freeware fx would you use on these?

Thanks

Hi dickiefunk

To be honest with you I generally add no extra fx to ManyBass. It has all that is needed right in the plug itself and they consume next to no cpu.

The compressor in ManyBass has been praised by a lot of users as an excellent Bass compressor, so I generally use it on most tracks to achieve a nice punch and to smooth out the levels.
The EQ in ManyBass is also tuned for Bass frequencies and thus I use it in combination with the amp and cabs to get the tone I need.

I believe all the demo tracks on our site also are mixed with only ManyBass on the channel strip and no extra fx.

On Manyguitar I will occasionally put a compressor if I need to punch up the mix there a bit, but mostly again, I just use the built in FX and EQ's and cabs and amps.

I think Greg uses these pretty much the same way.

Paul

I can only speak of ManyBass as I don't have ManyGuitar but I use it by itself. No other FX whatsoever except for a couple tim,e where I needed a "weird" sound and added CamelPhat3 for Dirt and CamelSpace for Odd stuff.
Try mixing the straight sound (no cabinet) with a little bit of Tube to it and tweaking the eq a bit too to make it sit nicely with your drums and then bring all the rest of instruments in.
It helps me a lot if I cut all other instruments above 150Hz with the eq so they do not clash with the bass and Kick drum.
Later. 8)
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Return to “Manytone Music”