sidekick rar query

Official support for: lesproductionszvon.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello there . purchased sidekick samples for wusikstation. Is this product the same as drums/percussion wusiksnd package ? ie drums/percussion splits sounds across the keyboard. It seems that sidekick package are single samples only. Any way to split them on keyboard wusiksnd style?

Hi and thanks for your purchase.
auto_moment wrote:Hello there . purchased sidekick samples for wusikstation. Is this product the same as drums/percussion wusiksnd package ? ie drums/percussion splits sounds across the keyboard. It seems that sidekick package are single samples only. Any way to split them on keyboard wusiksnd style?
The Sidekick is not in the Wusikstation format. As stated on the website, it's is available as a soundfont, for GigaStudio 3 and as wave files (with kits for various drum samplers).

This means that you cannot have the samples spread across the keyboard in the Wusik as is but you can with the sf2, GS3 and the drum samplers supported. You can check out the free sfz player from rgcaudio if you do not already have it.

Another option is to use Extreme Sample Converter to convert the Sidekick sf2 to the wusiksnd format.

As you said though, the 2 other sets that are part of the Xtra Percussions Pack with Sidekick do include the wusiksnd format.

I have no plans for the Sidekick set to be permanently available in the wusiksnd format but I may make it available for the duration of the Holidays.

I hope this helps.

ok thats cleared that up . cheers!

IMO, the best way to use this set is to design in a drum sampler custom kits as needed for each project. Its content is quite eclectic so I decided for the kits and the soundfont supplied with it to group the sounds more or less by type, for instance kicks, metallics, etc.

This is practical to audition the sounds and if for a specific track many sounds of the same type are desired. But in most projects only a few sounds of certain types may be needed. That's where designing custom kits is more helpful.

Return to “Les Productions Zvon”