Ozone 6 Announced!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ozone 8 Standard

I was considering buying this, but it sure seems like a paid downgrade (except for the gui) from Ozone 5. They have leapt behind T-racks Deluxe and T-racks Grand just blows it away. Some strange decision making.

Ok, Ozone 6 Advanced is actually a downgrade featurewise. Maximizer doesn't have intersample peak detection anymore. Two limiter modes are missing. There is ony MBIT+ dithering available (again other types are missing). The scale sliders for individual processes are gone.

Imager really suffers from missing phase, polarity and delay offset controls...and as you all know, Reverb is gone. Total letdown for me. True downgrade from version 5.

jantex wrote:Ok, Ozone 6 Advanced is actually a downgrade featurewise. Maximizer doesn't have intersample peak detection anymore. Two limiter modes are missing. There is ony MBIT+ dithering available (again other types are missing). The scale sliders for individual processes are gone.

Imager really suffers from missing phase, polarity and delay offset controls...and as you all know, Reverb is gone. Total letdown for me. True downgrade from version 5.
Jaysus... :( I was really looking forward to it too. Thanks to this thread for saving me a $300 upgrade.

Cya' Izotope.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I think the only good thing about Ozone 6 is that the 2nd hand price for Ozone 5 Adv will go down 8)

I'll keep my eyes peeled on the marketplace.
:borg:

Their overall focus, marketing and strategy appears to be 'dumb it down'- which for newbies to mastering, seems to make sense, but it may lose them advanced users in the long-run. Particularly since their image now seems to be 'user-friendly' rather than tech-savvy.

Dynamic-eq? That's the stuff you should be fixing in the mix, not the master, and when you can't ie don't have access to the mix that makes sense, otherwise it's encouraging bad mixing and bandaid mastering.

The psychoacoustic volume-matching for limiting/compression is something that should be in every piece of audio software, has been in Steve Slate's mastering limiter since day one. Having said that, it is easy to do by hand as well, so it's a time-saving feature more than anything. Hopefully it will stop fuckwits from blowing their mixes out the walls at the expense of music.
Last edited by metamorphosis on Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hmmm...I skipped the RX4 upgrade too...wonder what's going on at izotope.

V0RT3X wrote:I think the only good thing about Ozone 6 is that the 2nd hand price for Ozone 5 Adv will go down 8)

I'll keep my eyes peeled on the marketplace.
Heh! That's one way of looking at it. :)

I also think that $300 is a rather expensive upgrade for advanced, especially when you are actually loosing a few features, like the reverb, and other options. etc. :(
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Really annoyed to hear that v.6 lost features and has a higher CPU use:/ I've just been demoing v.5 and was planning to buy:(

jantex wrote:Ok, Ozone 6 Advanced is actually a downgrade featurewise. Maximizer doesn't have intersample peak detection anymore. Two limiter modes are missing. There is ony MBIT+ dithering available (again other types are missing). The scale sliders for individual processes are gone.
Unbelievable!! :o
what were they thinking? :face palm:

strange... well only one thing to do... either wait for Ozone 7 or change my mastering chain till then :hihi:

I will miss Reverb (after the EQ), and the update Price from 5 advanced ist realy hard.
I always like iZotope, but this, with a loss of features, will be no good way to get new customers and hold the old one.
Maybe I move

Manix

:?

There has to be a logical reason for this. Really worried about the higher cpu use though (especially in studio one)

jantex wrote:Ok, Ozone 6 Advanced is actually a downgrade featurewise. Maximizer doesn't have intersample peak detection anymore.
Maybe it's "Keep true analog levels in check with predictive True Peak Limiting."

jantex wrote:Also the Imager has been dumbed down.
Definitiely not. There is a module called "Imager" :tu:

After reading thru the manual, I don't understand what iZotope is trying to sell here. As most of you guys too... RX4 was questionable. But I bought it for 300 and don't regret it. Ozone6 will be a waste of money. Those 100 bucks I'd regret.

This upgrade is truely nonsense for me. I'll stick to V5.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

like others as i remember from the other videos, it had a green gui which was more appealing. on other boards they have mentioned that this ozone 6 is actually a downgrade from their previous version. Is there any accuracy in these comments?

WTF
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Yes it is a downgrade. Things missing:
1. Reverb
2. Two algorithms in Maximizer are not there.
3. Other dithering algos apart from MBIT+ are gone.
4. Imager misses controlls for phase, polarity and delay offset.
5. Gate/expander gone
6. Dynamics histogram view gone
7. Due to the change of GUI the scaling sliders for individual processes are gone and these were really useful.

What we got:
1. Nicer GUI
2. Dynamics EQ
3. Standalone app (which I don't really need)

Conclusion: it is an obvious downgrade from version 5, at least for users of Advanced.
Last edited by jantex on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”