NUCLEAR CRANIUM -free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cool thanks :tu: Have a great christmas :D

Liars&Ashes = Most appreciated brother. :) I wish KVR would allow you to just do a basic review of a product without having to type, you know, just click the ratings as you see fit. And then the database could allow you to sort VST by user rating! Wouldn't that be swoo...

deaf dunderkwac = That .MP3 is SICKTASTIC. I really, really liked it. :) You sir, have the soul of FSU pulsing through your veins indeed.

John Vulich = Hey man, if I could give 'em to you, I would. But for now, all's I gots is this here VST in my pants.

.jon = Thanks for the more indepth feedback. :)

OzoneJunkie = I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Can you elaborate a little more?

Everybody, I really appreciate the gratitude. :) I spent about 60 hours of my life making this thing, so it's nice to get a few pats on the back.

At this point I'm really interested in hearing a few more .MP3s of what anyone has done with this. If you post one please try to keep it under 2 megs though, because I'm on dial-up due to living in BFE.

Or if not that, just a general concensus of whether this FSU really does something new for you or not would be nice. I really was trying to do something different in FSU, and that gets harder every day to do for obvious reasons.

Thanks all! :)

JackDark wrote:Liars&Ashes = Most appreciated brother. :) I wish KVR would allow you to just do a basic review of a product without having to type, you know, just click the ratings as you see fit. And then the database could allow you to sort VST by user rating! Wouldn't that be swoo...

Everybody, I really appreciate the gratitude. :) I spent about 60 hours of my life making this thing, so it's nice to get a few pats on the back.
----Eh, I kinda like the longer review requirement, it keeps people from doing a lot of negative reviews for no real reason, and keeps the reviews thinned out in general. Maybe a bit thin in some cases, but better there be fewer reviews that actually give you some info you didn't already have ya know.
----Your newer stuff, meaning this year pretty much, has been much improved, and a lot more usable, even for those of us who only really dabble in the dark side of sound. So to get a freebee from someone who's really on his way up, deserves gratitude, even if it there was no tarncegate on it, cept in the picto-gram-schematic. :hihi: You have a small but devoted following it seems on K-v-R, and ya know the Japanese are fans, well, a few thousand of them anyways eh. It's nice to see you make something that more people can get into, and at the same time, have it still not be that much different than your normal style. :)

Jeff

JackDark wrote:OzoneJunkie = I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Can you elaborate a little more?
Well, if I load up a drum loop in FL Studio, and put NC into the master effects channel, it works and all. But, when the loop repeats, it does not sound the same as the first pass through NC.

Now, the effects in NC are controlled via stuff like SINE, etc..., and I assume that the reason it sounds different each pass through the loop is that the SINE (or whatever the controlling input is) is not reset, nor is the speed of the SINE sync'd to the host's BPM.

I hope I'm making myself clear - sorry if I'm not.

liars&ashes wrote:it keeps people from doing a lot of negative reviews for no real reason
You have a good point there.
liars@ashes wrote:Your newer stuff, meaning this year pretty much, has been much improved, and a lot more usable, even for those of us who only really dabble in the dark side of sound.
I appreciate that. :) I really have been trying with the NOVUZEIT line to reach a broader demographic while maintaining some semblance of innovation. There are a few more updates coming to older NOVUZEIT products, and a few new ones left as well. Overall there will be 10 total finalized NOVUZEIT products by the end of 2007, and that'll be that.

After NOVUZEIT's done, I'm losing my mind and doing something completely different and mentally unfiltered for my final five VST (i.e. Codename DarkZeit).

PS: When are you gonna let your Rabbit out of your Hat? Or did I miss that somehow... :scared:

OzoneJunkie wrote:when the loop repeats, it does not sound the same as the first pass through NC.
Hmm. Well, if you are using my presets that's because almost all of them use LFOs here and there, which continually change parameters for the Frequency Layer's FX units.

Try using one of the -USER DEFINED #- presets, which are clean slates. Then turn on a Frequency Layer and one of its FX units, like Bitcrush or Pitch. Change the FX unit's parameter, but DON'T turn on the LFO. Now you should hear your loop repeating and being affected by said FX, but NOT having said FX change = loop repeats and sounds the same through each pass.

Thanks, looking good, I just hope it won't kill my cpu! :D

JackDark wrote: appreciate that. :) I really have been trying with the NOVUZEIT line to reach a broader demographic while maintaining some semblance of innovation. There are a few more updates coming to older NOVUZEIT products, and a few new ones left as well. Overall there will be 10 total finalized NOVUZEIT products by the end of 2007, and that'll be that.

After NOVUZEIT's done, I'm losing my mind and doing something completely different and mentally unfiltered for my final five VST (i.e. Codename DarkZeit).

PS: When are you gonna let your Rabbit out of your Hat? Or did I miss that somehow... :scared:
----Well, it's not like yer stuff is getting "normal" ha-ha. :hihi: I think it's just getting put together better, and the layouts are more standard-ish, so that at least people can find their way through the sonic mayhem if they want to make their own patches etc. The innovation might be pointless though, if it's not in a direction anyone wants. But you seem to still be (at least) straddling that line, and as long as yer aware of that line and how close you are to it, then you can maybe make a conscious decision which way to be going when you take off on a new plug-in. I'm sure you'll calm down someday, maybe we'll get you on at N.I. then, but only after we get Ugo hired there. 8)
----You'd havta ask Matias about the rabbits, he's stil wearing the hat, and apparently fairly busy these days. Still ironing some things out etc. We don't all work 172 hours straight on plugs ya know ha-ha. :hihi: It's on it's way, like all good things.

Jeff

SampleScience wrote:Thanks, looking good, I just hope it won't kill my cpu! :D
----This one is actually pretty easy on the cpu Jack Dark-wise, I think it was around 12%-16% on a 2400 P4, which isn't bad at all, considering it's stereo and it's got like 20 effects going on at once. :hihi:

Jeff

liars&ashes wrote:The innovation might be pointless though, if it's not in a direction anyone wants.
That's a very good point, and well taken. That obviously is what was wrong with last year's DarkWare Christmas present.
liars&ashes wrote:I'm sure you'll calm down someday
Don't get your hopes up friend. NOVUZEIT is me calmed down. :p Though perhaps the sanest NOVUZEIT VST are yet to come.
liars&ashes wrote:havta ask Matias about the rabbits
Well he's bein' mighty stingy with those rabbits. And you know what rabbits do when they're stuck in a small place for too long.
liars&ashes wrote:We don't all work 172 hours straight on plugs ya know ha-ha.
I wouldn't know about that. I think that's more Odo or Dover's domain there. The 60 hours I spent on NUCLEAR CRANIUM were divided amongst two weeks, with every free second I had devoted towards its creation. That meant no watching TV, no playing games, no reading magazines, no hanging out and being social, etc. People just can't know all the sacrifices that freeware VST require, of such as UGO's material for example.

I appreciate your feedback and insight bro. You're fun to debate with it.

I'm suprised no one has said anything about the GUI !-button trickery yet. I thought that would be a nifty notion. Straddled the line too far on that idea I guess. :p

JackDark wrote:I'm suprised no one has said anything about the GUI !-button trickery yet. I thought that would be a nifty notion. Straddled the line too far on that idea I guess. :p
----I've made referrence to the t-shirt, and the tarncegate in the schematic silly. :hihi: And didn't you do the weird/insane color gradient rotation trick on Iridesynth ?
----Don't feel too bad, I'm not aware of anyone ever posting about Ugo's random button on Rez 2 either.
----And no one seems to know what that (symbols) KMFDM album is really called either, but I'm thinking of revealing it via "vandalizing" Wikipedia on the 25th. :lol:

Jeff

JackDark wrote:
OzoneJunkie wrote:when the loop repeats, it does not sound the same as the first pass through NC.
Hmm. Well, if you are using my presets that's because almost all of them use LFOs here and there, which continually change parameters for the Frequency Layer's FX units.

Try using one of the -USER DEFINED #- presets, which are clean slates. Then turn on a Frequency Layer and one of its FX units, like Bitcrush or Pitch. Change the FX unit's parameter, but DON'T turn on the LFO. Now you should hear your loop repeating and being affected by said FX, but NOT having said FX change = loop repeats and sounds the same through each pass.
Yep, that, of course, works. I was just wondering if there was a way to have the LFOs "retrigger" when a host sends whatever msg it sends for a new bar.

Also, please note, I'm in no way making a feature request - that would be completely rude. Just was wondering if I was missing a way to accomplish this, that's all.

Oh, and thanks for the gift! :)

JackDark wrote: Or if not that, just a general concensus of whether this FSU really does something new for you or not would be nice. I really was trying to do something different in FSU, and that gets harder every day to do for obvious reasons.

Thanks all! :)
Seriously, I have not heard any other plugin that even comes close to doing what Nuclear Cranium does. A lot of FSU effects seem to be getting silly and redundant, and even the ones that contain cool ideas don't seem to sound that great in use. This one is different. It's really something special. :wink:

This is a really nice f-ing one jack. I really am starting to enjoy your plugs a lot more recently. This just add some nice flanges and distortions that rock my pants off.
Do not lick the fablanky

Return to “Effects”