Cytomic 'The Glue' Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Glue

andy_cytomic wrote: Something like this? :hihi: :wink: :D
I just spit out my coffee and I wasn't even drinking any!!! :lol:
andy_cytomic wrote:But seriously, I am aware of how quite a few hosts don't handle narrow plugins and I'm trying to come up with a better layout for v1.1. I may end up going for a 2U or 3U half rack style instead of the X / Euro rack type form factor it currently is. On modern high resolution screens it's also a little small. I've got to add better preset browsing and a dual mono button / knob for v1.1 so it's a good time to fix the narrow gui while I'm at it :D
That would be great Andy. I'm sure you'll come up with a great solution, I'm glad you're already thinking of some possible options. :)
Last edited by djanthonyw on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are currently reading my signature.

How about something like this?

I Have windows 7 64 bit running cubase 4 le withe "the glue" work in side chain mode with this setup? Im trying demo but function is not there.

djanthonyw wrote:How about something like this?

I think the GUI looks great already but must admit I like the look of this too, good work, a possible alternative maybe?

andy_cytomic wrote:I'm trying to come up with a better layout for v1.1. I may end up going for a 2U or 3U half rack style
Our thanks goes 2UImage

8)
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Perhaps the mix knob could be bigger as well.

Quite nice! But I'd prefer meter on the left side.
It looks somehow "wrong" on the right.
Just IMHO

Why change the look? I think it looks perfect as is. works for me.

DubLifeSD wrote:Why change the look? I think it looks perfect as is. works for me.
djanthonyw wrote:Andy, I was just wondering if there was a possibility of offering alternative GUI sizes, or maybe a horizontal version of The Glue?

In Logic there's a bit of extra space after loading The Glue due to the plug-in menu. This can be fixed by hiding the plug-in menu and then resizing, but if there was a horizontal version or a larger version of the GUI that would be excellent.

This isn't a huge deal, just kind of a minor annoyance. I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask. :)

andy, honestly, this is the way to go. anthony nailled it. just my 2billion cents.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

+1

This layout is FAR BETTER to sit on a computer screen.

But the mix knob should be a little better.

And I'll keep the meter at center.

Love it :love: !

+1 for the Horizontal version :D

DubLifeSD wrote:Why change the look? I think it looks perfect as is. works for me.
Don't worry DubFifeSD, I take the layout and ergornomics of my plugins very seriously and will not mess needlessly with it.

I need to fit in an extra control for the dual mono operation and improved preset browsing so the existing gui will have to change a little anyway. While I am at it I will try to minimize the blank space that both Logic and Pro Tools add to the border of The Glue.

I will make sure to preserve the current ergonomics where the most important controls to have near the meter will remain there: the Threshold, Makeup and Range.

Thanks to djanthonyw for putting in some time for an alternative layout, but please don't consider that his design is anything official. I will post official screenshots when they are ready :)
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

8)

i love the glue :)

i use it on every track

Drum bus & vocals ALL the time

& often on other sounds also

& to SC duck my Bass With my kick & vox to sounds bus

& to impress the ladies to help me get laid (actually this is the glue's weakest point! any chance you could look in to it for the 1.1 update?)

:hihi:
whats a sig?

Return to “Effects”