Cytomic 'The Glue' Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Glue

Beno. wrote:& to impress the ladies to help me get laid (actually this is the glue's weakest point! any chance you could look in to it for the 1.1 update?)
A bigger GUI would probably do it.
You are currently reading my signature.

:lol:
whats a sig?

Does "Cytomic The Glue" Have Any Presets?

Yes.
You are currently reading my signature.

where please!!!! and the latest version does not come up in Wavelab 6>>> Nice sounding compression though!!!!! :D

i saw earlier in the thread that it might b a Wavelab problem( handling of inputs and outputs ) but why does the earlier version - 0.14 work again????

gmitch wrote:i saw earlier in the thread that it might b a Wavelab problem( handling of inputs and outputs ) but why does the earlier version - 0.14 work again????
Wavelab 5 has trouble with the number of inputs on The Glue but Wavelab 6 works fine with v1.0.14. For v1.0.15 it's probably something RTAS related since I had to change quite a lot of how The Glue is built to get the Windows RTAS version working. I'm still looking into what it is but the going is slow since I cannot use the debugger with Wavelab 6 for some reason.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

gmitch wrote:where please!!!! and the latest version does not come up in Wavelab 6>>> Nice sounding compression though!!!!! :D
Please use v1.0.14 with Wavelab 6 for now, there is no difference in the sound quality of The Glue to v1.0.15. Click on the preset name to load a new preset, the manual that comes with every download contains more detailed information on this.

Thanx for your replies....

gmitch wrote:where please!!!! and the latest version does not come up in Wavelab 6>>> Nice sounding compression though!!!!! :D
I've got a fix for the Wavelab 6 problem which I'll release in v1.0.16 soon.

I use the great Juce framework to handle lots of the common tasks to writing a plugin. The Wavelab issue ended up being something to do the latest Juce framework not liking how Wavelab switched threads around from under it. There has now been released a patch to Juce to fix this odd Wavelab behaviour, and I've applied it and tested it all fine.

Great News and good work in finding the problem.....Thanx!!!!

I've started a YouTube channel called CytomicAudio and I've posted the first tutorial video on using The Glue for peak limiting. Included is also a comparison to the original analog hardware that The Glue is based on. This is my first go at this sort of thing so it's pretty basic:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CytomicAudio

Great vid!
IMO you can make Glue sound even closer to SSL by lowering the range. The range is interesting thing, even when it's set much higher than GR that is happening (e.g. 6dB GR and 10dB range setting) you can hear it gives a nice snap to transients.

Andy, I bet you've tired of suggestions for new Glue features, but here's another one :o -- can you add some controls for envelope control signal filter?
That would be a totally unique feature!

Not sure if this has been covered, but I would love to just be able to have the presets in a drop down list, as opposed to loading them up every time. Cheers.

meloco_go wrote:Great vid!
IMO you can make Glue sound even closer to SSL by lowering the range. The range is interesting thing, even when it's set much higher than GR that is happening (e.g. 6dB GR and 10dB range setting) you can hear it gives a nice snap to transients.

Andy, I bet you've tired of suggestions for new Glue features, but here's another one :o -- can you add some controls for envelope control signal filter?
That would be a totally unique feature!
Hey Meloco_go, thanks for the suggestion. I think there are definitely some cool things that can be done with filtering the sidechain signal, both at the input and in the feedback loop. For input filtering you can already do this with The Glue by using the external sidechain input. Feedback filtering is not possible, but this would also require a whole new set of controls and I'll keep this sort of complexity for a future plugin instead of making The Glue more complicated.

Great to hear you're putting the Range knob through its paces :) I think it's perfect for doing as you have suggested - it not only keeps the total depth of compression under control, but opens up and makes the attacks more natural sounding. I'll do a tutorial on the Range knob and covering a few of its uses, and the setting you have described is one of them!

Return to “Effects”