Cytomic 'The Glue' Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Glue

woodsdenis wrote:Andy are your filters in the new Live 10 wave synth ? They look the same as the Drop.
Yes, these are the same filters that are in existing Live 9.5 devices like Autofilter.

In Wavetable: OSR, MS2, SMP and PRD
In The Drop: KSM, AMU, OSR, WSP, MS1, MS2, SMP, JPR, SHR, and PRD
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

andy-cytomic wrote:
nilhartman wrote:Cytomic synths... damn that's promising! Andy, tell us more !!!!
I have done the initial gui layout and DSP algorithms for a very powerful and supremely elegant new analog modelled synth - which is my own design, and not based on any particular hardware. It's still a way off, but I'll start a thread on it as soon as I've got some initial audio examples I can post.
I'm thirsting for the fuzz pedals, please God, let them be first! :D

:pray: Yes Andy do the Fuzz first! I'm also interested in the Glue HD, that sounds awesome!

Liero wrote:
andy-cytomic wrote:
nilhartman wrote:Cytomic synths... damn that's promising! Andy, tell us more !!!!
I have done the initial gui layout and DSP algorithms for a very powerful and supremely elegant new analog modelled synth - which is my own design, and not based on any particular hardware. It's still a way off, but I'll start a thread on it as soon as I've got some initial audio examples I can post.
I'm thirsting for the fuzz pedals, please God, let them be first! :D
The Scream is first up to be finished. After that I'll see how it goes :) I do have the arbiter fuzz kit from general guitar gadgets sitting waiting to be assembled. It will be a cool project, I'm taking the guesswork out of the modelling by measuring the value of every component before I built it, including building some test circuits to measure the transistor curves.

andy-cytomic wrote:The Scream is first up to be finished.
In my book, it IS finished.
I think current "beta" status may be confusing to some people, as it really is a working and reliable plugin already.

Andy, this news made me so happy...my money is ready for everything you will release...be it eq, synth and especially the Glue update, cant wait. Good times are ahead of us...

Very good compressor.

Don't miss out on the year of the tape machine! The Reel would be awesome!

The Fuzz would certainly be one of those plugins where other developers have totally _not_ provided the market with a quality alternative. Tape machines on the other hand, even very high quality ones, are easily found...

Liero wrote:
...Tape machines on the other hand, even very high quality ones, are easily found...
and thats the problem - emulations of hi-quality tape machines, which sounds almost the same pristine as 16 bit digital are available in measures...while authentic sounding models of oldschool "lo-fi" tape deck that you can intentionally overdrive and obtain the same results as with hw are nonexistent or lacking in too many departments...very similar gap in the market as with fuzz models, with one BIG difference: you can buy old or new fuzz pedal for cheap, but its not so easy with tape decks...

meloco_go wrote:
andy-cytomic wrote:The Scream is first up to be finished.
In my book, it IS finished.
I think current "beta" status may be confusing to some people, as it really is a working and reliable plugin already.
It still needs a manual, presets, audio examples on the web page, a slight re-jig of the gui, allowing you to edit the values of components on a popup view of the schematic, and a lower cpu mode, then I will consider it out of beta and ready for production use. I wouldn't release the plugin even in beta unless it was very stable, so that's not enough for me to remove the beta tag :tu:

is that true 2:1 ratio has more gain reduction than 4:1??

Scream is feeling very finished and stable. It just needs those extra presets installed.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

re23071998 wrote:is that true 2:1 ratio has more gain reduction than 4:1??
It has a softer knee so there will be more compression happening at the same threshold. It's how the hardware was designed. The higher the ratio, the harder the knee. If you wanted less reduction you'd want to adjust the threshold.

If add 1.5:1 and 3:1 it's perfection!

Return to “Effects”