2C-Aether Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aether

Galbanum wrote: This is REALLY awesome Klaus! Great track. Thanks for sharing!

Could we add it here:

http://www.2caudio.com/media/audio

??
Thank you very much! And yes, ofcourse you can :)

Okay I'm kicking a dead horse here and no one cares about my opinion BUT:

Many times I've said I am not happy with Aether and I've wanted to sell it.

I just want to state now that it's an amazing a beautiful reverb for some things, I am not convinced of it's smaller room stuff but for big lush stuff, when you use modulation, it's really, really good.

I am currently doing a demo for DiscoDSP, it's all over the third (ambient style) track.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Okay I'm kicking a dead horse here and no one cares about my opinion BUT:

Many times I've said I am not happy with Aether and I've wanted to sell it.

I just want to state now that it's an amazing a beautiful reverb for some things, I am not convinced of it's smaller room stuff but for big lush stuff, when you use modulation, it's really, really good.

I am currently doing a demo for DiscoDSP, it's all over the third (ambient style) track.
I like some of the smaller room stuff, especially working from the factory Living Room 1&2 presets, or the Let's Talk preset. I still think Aether is one of the most natural sounding reverbs out there. For me, a natural sounding reverb is a necessity and it's worth it's price by that alone. The added possibilities via cascading and adding modulation are a very nice bonus.

http://soundcloud.com/aiyn-zahev/discovery-three

Aether for the long modulated tails. You can really hear it.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:http://soundcloud.com/aiyn-zahev/discovery-three

This sounds very nice!
Last edited by xtrax on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aiynzahev wrote:http://soundcloud.com/aiyn-zahev/discovery-three

Very nice!

For all Aether users. AL NEW 126 Presets for Aether 1.5.1

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/8819115-post820.html

Hi All,

As promised (in the B2 thread) today we have Aether 1.6.0 beta ready to try for any/all current Aether users who would like to try it. Aether now has all of the same updates, fixes, and enhancements as B2 and Breeze.

Aether 1.6.0 Systems Enhancements:

*OSX 64-bit AU and VST support
*Completely new and modernized GUI and systems internal code-base for both OSX and Windows
*Minor memory leaks which could lead to crashing in complex projects have been fixed
*Load times are much faster and are effectively instant from SSD drives
*Less RAM usage all around, which can potentially lead to minor performance enhancements
*GUIs are now processed on the GPU instead of the CPU so it should be VERY responsive of modern OSs and Hosts
*GUIs can be easily offered in different sizes in the future
*Optimized and abstracted code organization behind the scenes to protect ourselves from development delays in the future when third parties introduce new standards
*"Load Last" preference allows automatic recalling of the last used preset settings.
*Minor GUI tweaks. (Indigo skin variation will come back in the final update, as will double-sized options)

Aether 1.6.0 Preset Browser Enhancements:

*Packages & Sub-Folders organization scheme
*Unlimited Packages & Unlimited Sub-Folders
*Scroll bars (when needed) for presets and folder browser
*Keyword search across selected folders
*Import Package, Import User Sub-Folder, and Import Preset functions

All of the above is designed to make the preset browser much more powerful and to allow us, and you, to develop more preset expansions. All limits on total contents have been removed. Additionally we have made it very easy to share single or multiple presets with the online community. This is really cool stuff. Keyword search is very useful!

To obtain it go here if you are an existing Aether customer:

http://www.galbanum.com/shop/product_in ... cts_id=103

Use this coupon code at checkout:

2CAudio_Aether_Update

If you have made a bunch of user presets, please copy your user presets to safe place before running the update. Then verify for us that they have been preserved by the installers (and moved into the new "My Presets" location. You should not need to do anything, but since you are among the first to try this besides us and our internal beta team, a little extra precaution can't hurt...

Preset organization is different as described in the B2 thread. The basic structure is:

Package, Sub-Folder, Preset.

This must be strictly obeyed. (i.e. don't put presets directly in the root level, or don't add more than one level of sub-folders.) Previous Aether Expansions will now be treated as Packages, so you will them in a separate folder structure in the browser instead of merged like they were previously. You can make your own Packages if you wish, or you can add sub-folders to the "User" folder. Or add single presets to "My Presets". This was explained more thoroughly already in the B2 thread. Preset handling is the same for Aether, B2, and Breeze.

Known issues with this first version:

1) The 32-bit version of Logic will crash if you load this version of Aether at the same time as B2 or Breeze. This only happens when running in the 32-bit mode. This is NOT an issue with this Aether version, but rather we need to provide updated versions of Breeze and B2 to address this. We will do that shortly. This does NOT effect VST hosts. This does NOT effect Logic in 64-bit mode. This does NOT effect any Windows hosts. THIS is only an issue when running Logic in 32-bit mode.

2) There is no RTAS version. There will be no RTAS version. RTAS development is suspended, and will be replaced with AAX. If you need RTAS, please continue using version 1.5.1 until you are able to update PT to a version which supports AAX. We hope to have AAX versions available by the end of June.

3) Windows XP is no longer officially supported.

Thank you for this,

The installer did not allow me to go back once I got to the vst location page.
Aiynzahev-sounds

Aether 1.6 doesn't work in either 32bit or 64bit in Studio One 2.5.1

Downloaded and installed fine.

Had to re-input the serial (as expected).

Unfortunately Aether 1.6 is not accepting the serial... still showing up with the 'Do unto others...' message after inputting rather than the 'being of ultimate wisdom'... my Monday morning karma is ruined! ;)

(Tried in 64bit Live 9, S1 2.5.2 and Maschine 1.8.2.)

(also, for those on S1 & Live 9... I had to rescan plugins to get Aether to show up).

still showing up with the 'Do unto others...' message after inputting rather than the 'being of ultimate wisdom'...
I have the same thing - although my serial number is in there and can't be changed...

It seems to be working though - so I'm assuming this is just minor....
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

jbraner wrote:
still showing up with the 'Do unto others...' message after inputting rather than the 'being of ultimate wisdom'...
I have the same thing - although my serial number is in there and can't be changed...

It seems to be working though - so I'm assuming this is just minor....
Aether is not letting audio pass through this end. (If I switch off the live device I can hear the instrument before it).

@ Everglide
I believe the problem with the serial number and activation is stopping it from working in Studio One. I have it working here with the new serial number that xtrax mentions below.

I'm sure the chaps from Galbanum will chime in once they have had time to greet the new day.
Last edited by Dunc on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I had the same problem with serial, but there will be new serial numbers with confirmation on your email.

Return to “Effects”