Crysonic Apology

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I might point out to this discussion, that I seem to be on the "newsletter" again - illegally if I may add. After all the history I personally share with that firm, it's a shady move.

I reported them to the ML software provider.

Regarding the "features" - well, they are still undocumented (mostly) and by the looks of the last mail they sent out, it's about time to completely exchange their plugin set as "paid update" once more. If they'd say "every update costs, there are no in-between bugfixes", that would at least be honest.

Oh and... am I the only one that saw the hidden "code" (tags! ton of tags) behind the header image on their webpage after loading their page recently? And I'm on 16Mbit DSL!

I let you decide what to think of that firm. I said what I had to say more than once. It's all in the backlogs (and page 1 of this very thread).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I just find it interesting that the person who resurrected this thread yesterday (e_scarab) has been a member for nearly three years, but decided to let their very first post here be on this thread (which had had no activity for nearly 6 months).

After three years, they just couldn't take it anymore!

:D

And, there goes the next mail advertising "SpectraPhy V2HD".

They "ask" in this mail, not to share any screenshots as "registered customer", offer you once more a "discounted" price before the release (via PayPal this time... interesting - so you might actually be save of scams!), and... yes... they greeted me as "dear customer", even though they sent me good riddance in 2007.

Shady tactics and illegal kept contact data.
Definitely a firm I'd like to support...

...NOT!

I just thought KVRians should be aware of that.
I reported them once again to the ML software/server provider.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Anybody else getting virus warnings with the Crysonic newsletters lately? Happened the second or third time now here.
Maybe doing jokes without the use of smilies ...

Compyfox might have found the reason...all those dang tags on their newsletters as well....there might be some spyware on the things...
:roll: :roll:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

What kind of "tags" are these?

..all i got from the site was a big red Google page warning...
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:..all i got from the site was a big red Google page warning...
I don't actually know if I prefer trusting Google or Crysonic :D

Can't see virus warnings when scanning emails or other alerts.

Now, Compyfox, you're quite right about the shady tactics, but I think you're overly aggressive in your statements and attitude. Appreciate your being precise and straight, but if you always put yourself like this...you could get a "p**s off" when asking for support :D

Hannes_F wrote:Anybody else getting virus warnings with the Crysonic newsletters lately? Happened the second or third time now here.
Thunderbird and my mail provider actually tag these ones as "might be scam". I have a pretty high security setting active - so I have to manually "activate" that particular mail at least two times until I can see the full content.

trimph1 wrote:Compyfox might have found the reason...all those dang tags on their newsletters as well....there might be some spyware on the things...
:roll: :roll:
If they use the same as hidden "behind" the header image on their page, no wonder if it's tagged as "scam".

Meffy wrote:What kind of "tags" are these?
Mostly harmless ones, but actually quite a bunch to fool webcrawlers into thinking that this particular page has more to offer than meets the eye. Unfortunately pretty common as of late.

Amon1973 wrote:..., but I think you're overly aggressive in your statements and attitude.
Don't think so, especially after considering the history I have with that particular firm.

Amon1973 wrote: Appreciate your being precise and straight, but if you always put yourself like this...you could get a "p**s off" when asking for support :D
I pretty much got a "p**s off" after asking for support and working tools back in the day - unadjusted if I may add. Just take a read in the old (and now locked) thread. It's a good read.

Amon1973 wrote:I don't actually know if I prefer trusting Google or Crysonic :D
:lol:

Considering that Google is the "New Evil Empire," we are but thralls under the dominion of their Dastardly Overlords. :hihi:
Amon1973 wrote:Appreciate your being precise and straight, but if you always put yourself like this...you could get a "p**s off" when asking for support :D
All the more reason for Crysonic to go "out of their way" and shut up disgruntled customers by making them happy -- ya know, honey vs. vinegar and all that! ;)

(And if they can't/won't/don't "put out the fire," then onward it shall burn!)

Compyfox wrote: I pretty much got a "p**s off" after asking for support and working tools back in the day - unadjusted if I may add. Just take a read in the old (and now locked) thread. It's a good read.
I remember that thread (EDIT: and that's why I wrote "when asking for support"), but was worth re-reading. Ouch.

How is crysonics a scam again?

IMO they are the best plugins for the $$$ I have ever bought. Their sales are awesome.

Compyfox, what did you lose at the end of the day apart from time? Money?

I won't go into this anymore - read the backlogs.

Compyfox wrote:I won't go into this anymore - read the backlogs.
Did you lose cash? Yes or no?

thefyn wrote:
Compyfox wrote:I won't go into this anymore - read the backlogs.
Did you lose cash? Yes or no?

And the rest of his gear is from Yellow Tools, Superwave and Kjaerhus.
You just can't help some people.

:roll:
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Return to “Effects”