Best "maximizer" VST??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sonicpowa wrote:
Totolitoto wrote:I was just looking for something to make my pre-listening louder
Volume knob is really great for that. :D
So old school. :hihi:
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

eduardo_b wrote:So old school. :hihi:
Yep it's so old but working.. :D

@Totolitoto: I don't see much of a reason for you to spend money on limiters (if your friend is going to take care of the mastering).
Free W1 Limiter or maybe a cheap JB Barricade will do just fine.

sonicpowa wrote:
Not sure why people continue to throw "volume knob" into discussions of limiting and compression. Try to get a volume knob to act like an 1176 or do some smooth optical vocal compression. Is that volume knob good for crushing drums and bringing up the sound of the room? I wonder how good volume knobs are for maximizing loudness and punch in a mastering situation...

Yea but you are talking about more of a creative use and not just an easy way to make it louder.

The "CD Soundmaster" mastering tutorials on youtube use this one:

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/3259.html

I haven't even tried it though sorry.

Most mastering houses say do "nothing over the whole mix" (not even mild compression) you will find that they all say that it's common for people to send them stuff that's already compressed and it just means they can't do the job as good as they would like to, if it needs compression they'll do it... and do a better job of it than you will

Totolitoto wrote:
MarlboroMan23 wrote:I agree that putting a limiter on something before you send it to the mastering engineer is not the way to go.
No actually, I would never do that :oops:
I was just looking for something to make my pre-listening louder, but when I'll consider my tracks finished I'll render them without any dynamic process on the master bus.
Oops! missed this one! But like everyone is saying you just need to turn the volume up if you want to listen to it louder, you need to forget that the mastering stage exists when you mix and just do the best "mix" you can

sonicpowa wrote:
Ah, another pragmatist. Welcome to the old school club. :D
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

awesome-force wrote:
Totolitoto wrote:
MarlboroMan23 wrote:I agree that putting a limiter on something before you send it to the mastering engineer is not the way to go.
No actually, I would never do that :oops:
I was just looking for something to make my pre-listening louder, but when I'll consider my tracks finished I'll render them without any dynamic process on the master bus.
Oops! missed this one! But like everyone is saying you just need to turn the volume up if you want to listen to it louder, you need to forget that the mastering stage exists when you mix and just do the best "mix" you can
The thing is I like to listen to my music very loud in my car and even with my volume up to the maximum, my ears still don't bleed. And I want them to :hihi:

The most advanced is currently MMultiBandLimiter, or a cheaper and more simple solution MUltraMaximizer.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

eduardo_b wrote:
sonicpowa wrote:
Totolitoto wrote:I was just looking for something to make my pre-listening louder
Volume knob is really great for that. :D
So old school. :hihi:
Yeah that's so old school, like have to walk to the teve and change the channel instead of using the remote control in the sofa. :hihi:

Return to “Effects”