ValhallaShimmer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaShimmer

BTW, I have a customer reporting some installation issues. Anyone else having a problem installing the plugins or demos?

not me...

(macosX 10.5, Logic studio)

Yes, the demo won't install quite right in Win7 64 bit. Seems to have lost all its shimmer. Might be a brand thing. I've emailed John Hodgman about it.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

Wow! This thing is the puppies proverbials ! :clap:

mandolarian wrote:Yes, the demo won't install quite right in Win7 64 bit. Seems to have lost all its shimmer. Might be a brand thing. I've emailed John Hodgman about it.
HA!!

mandolarian wrote:Yes, the demo won't install quite right in Win7 64 bit. Seems to have lost all its shimmer. Might be a brand thing. I've emailed John Hodgman about it.
I seem to have the same problem. Why doesnt the installer work in win? :)

Over the years here, I've gotten pretty tired of people who chime into a thread solely for the purpose of whining about how there isn't a Mac version of some plug-in.

I mean, get over it guys, you know? PC is where all the action is.

But -- (Waves two twenties and a ten in front of valhallasound's face)

This could yours, dude... :D

:cry:

(tears of happyness of a mac user, DIG IT !)

:hihi:
pettily yours !

GreyLion wrote:Over the years here, I've gotten pretty tired of people who chime into a thread solely for the purpose of whining about how there isn't a Mac version of some plug-in.

Well, from a developer's perspective, the total Mac sales and downloads are slightly higher than the total PC sales and downloads. But I digress...

YAAASSSS! One more sale like that, and I'd be a HUNDREDAIRE!!!!

I'm currently working on an installer for the Mac, to fix issues a few people are having with installing the plugin (i.e. not knowing the folders to put it into). The installer will also allow me to ship more presets. I might remove the internal preset code, as a few people are reporting bugs with it, and it isn't worth having bugs for 8 presets, especially when they are trivial to add via an installer. Fortunately, PackageMaker seems to be pretty easy to use, so I threw together a beta installer yesterday in about an hour.

After that is finished, Windows is next. The Windows versions of ValhallaShimmer will use an installer as well. I might switch to an installer for the demos too, just so people don't have to know where to put the files.

What is this thing called "weekend" of which you humans speak?

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote: Well, from a developer's perspective, the total Mac sales and downloads are slightly higher than the total PC sales and downloads. But I digress...
I guess they would be Sean, considering you're not selling a PC version yet. :lol:
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

GreyLion wrote:Over the years here, I've gotten pretty tired of people who chime into a thread solely for the purpose of whining about how there isn't a Mac version of some plug-in.

Asking a developer who has also made plugins for Macs when a plugin will be available for AU or Mac-VST is whining?

Interesting. :?

and linux too, please ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
:P

krakatau's demo is very pleasant!
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Krakatau wrote:and linux too, please ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
:P
Windows is kind of a higher priority at this point. :D

At some point in the future, I may look into Linux. The GUI SDK I am using apparently compiles to Linux. However, I don't have a functional Linux box, and it would be a steep learning curve for what might amount to a handful of sales.

Sean

well....i was just kidding, don't worry !

:oops:

@xoxos

Thank you, my friend !!!!!

8)

Return to “Effects”