2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

Thanks to the graphics in the first post I had a moment of revelation.

I couldnt understand what sorcery the preset designers were using to get such varied presets with such few parameters, the veil has been lifted!!

I didnt realise we can zoom in and reveal extra parameters for the Freq Display and Time Display :)

Is there anything else 'hidden'?

And found a little bug on Windows:
When zoomed into the Time Display and clicking the Algorithm Mode the drop down list doesnt display as it does when accessing it from the normal display. The Filter drop down lists do display correctly when zoomed into the Freq Display though.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Caine123 wrote: so if i want to have more possibilities and better sound + have more money i should get Aether as far as i understand this?
so aether eats up breeze 2?
The quote you posted was referring to Breeze 1. Breeze 2 is now obviously significantly stronger than Breeze 1. So much so, that I said earlier in the post that we worry some that we made it "too good" and it that it will cannibalize some Aether/B2 sales. That is a risk, but as I also said, you don't make progress without taking risks.

I will make some chart that compares Aether, B2, Breeze in the coming week as this is a common question. :tu:

Speaking of charts, did you check the neat one I posted regarding performance on the product page? Here you can see how fast Breeze 2 is compared to B2 for example. B2 has absolute undeniable magic and is used on the biggest projects in the world on a daily basis. I think it is already better than ALL of the classic and current hardware with the exception of possibly M7 for realistic/normal presets (but B2 still wins for creative stuff even there). In that sense, if you are making the score for Batman or Superman, as some of customers do, you could in fact dedicate an entire computer to run several B2s using VEP. It's still cheaper than various hardware verbs even if you include say $2k for a dedicated B2 computer. This is the kind of extreme thinking we embrace in B2. It has some of the best magic in industry. For example, for major game scoring projects check out my friend Sonic Mayhem's work:

http://www.sonicmayhem.com

...but the more extreme settings in B2 can take over an entire computer quickly. You certainly ain't gonna run 1000 instances of B2!

Sascha is now using Breeze 2 along side B2.

Simon was also a B2 devotee. I didn't completely anticipate him to be so excited about Breeze 2 simply bc it does not have quite the extensive tweakablity that B2 has for extreme sound-design things. Simon is a beta tester for us. He started falling in love with Breeze 2, and one month into beta we decided to make a Preset Expansion with his work bc he was generating so many presets for it, and positing so many cool audio examples that I wanted to get him involved more deeply. That was not planned. It just happened naturally.

The same with the Spatial Creatives expansion. I never spoke with Andrew Schlesinger before the beginning of February. He approached us. Andrew has been involved with more hardware than I (in all my tender young years :wink: ) have ever seen in person! Andrew has designed countless factory presets for legendary hardware device manufacturers including Lexicon, TC Electronics, Yamaha, Sony, Eventide, Roland, Korg, Kurzweil, Emu, Alesis, and Casio among others. If you look at these devices and find presets with the name "Drew" in it, that is Andrew. So I guess he has some experience and knowledge and can spot special products. :wink:

I suspect this trend will continue and Breeze 2 will gain more and more attention over the next several months... It's a rather special product.

If you have the money, you should get Perfect Storm 3.0. That is a the easy decision if budget allows. And if you are budget conscious Breeze 2 is the obvious choice. :tu:
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:
BeeDog wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before, but scanned through a decent amount of pages and didn't see.

How can you reset the GUI size of this? I intended on trying the demo in FL Studio, and when clicking on the GUI/size button (tried clicking on the arrow and expected some dropdown list choice), it kept just increasing in size which made the entire plugin too large for my screen. And now I have absolutely no option of going back to any default size, and can't find any config file to reset this.
I asked this a couple of pages back. Exactly the same thing happened to me. Right-clicking didn't work. I actually had to reinstall the plugin.

They need to take a look at that, people shouldn't have to reinstall the plugin just because they selected the wrong GUI size.
Ya ok, noted. We will think about it.

It is possible to change by editing one of the text preferences files also, but that too is not completely user-friendly. Maybe we can assign a key-command to change GUI size somehow... This kind of thing is Denis' domain, so we will have to see what is technically possible.

Meanwhile, the options are:

1) rerun the installer
2) edit a text file (I can provide details if needed)

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BTW guys, I know I get on the extreme computer soap box often, but I should just mention (again) how cool it is to work on a 4K (or even larger display)! I was in a consumer electronics store yesterday and I noticed the price of 4K TVs has really fallen. Seems you can get one for $300-400 these days.... Just get one that has HDMI-2 input (60hz) and it will be as good as any computer monitor that costs 3x as much.

I'm using a 100cm/40inch Samsung one I got for $500 two years ago. they are even better now.

Personally I consider all the GUI sizes smaller than 1440*720 "sub-optimal". Larger GUIs are just nicer to work with.

But for laptops, yes I know smaller GUIs are needed (sadly).

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Thanks to the graphics in the first post I had a moment of revelation.

I couldnt understand what sorcery the preset designers were using to get such varied presets with such few parameters, the veil has been lifted!!
Welcome to the inner circle. Glad you passed the initiation. (Cue Eyes Wide Shut music... :D )
VariKusBrainZ wrote: I didnt realise we can zoom in and reveal extra parameters for the Freq Display and Time Display :)
Extra for the Freq Display, yes. Although they are all accessible from the main view using X, Y, and Alt-X, Alt-Y click-drag mouse behavior.

For Time, there are no extra parameters. It's just duplicating what is on the main display for convenience.
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Is there anything else 'hidden'?
You have to pass the next initiation first. :D
VariKusBrainZ wrote: And found a little bug on Windows:
When zoomed into the Time Display and clicking the Algorithm Mode the drop down list doesnt display as it does when accessing it from the normal display. The Filter drop down lists do display correctly when zoomed into the Freq Display though.
Yes known. There is some strange system limitation that didn't allow us to open the same menu from different locations as Denis explained to me.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:So what will come first, Aether 2 or B2 2. And will it really be called B2 2.
Not sure yet. Neither is coming within the next six months. Don't worry, we have a clever marketing name in mind. :D

Vortifex wrote:I'm kind of wishing I hadn't demoed this now, it sounds too good. You know when you're just window shopping and you think, "It can't hurt to have a look". And then you see that thing in the window, and you're like, "I must have it. My wallet says no but my heart says yes". Dammit...
Ya it has that effect. :D

Thanks kindly. :tu:

Andrew Souter wrote:
Caine123 wrote: so if i want to have more possibilities and better sound + have more money i should get Aether as far as i understand this?
so aether eats up breeze 2?
The quote you posted was referring to Breeze 1. Breeze 2 is now obviously significantly stronger than Breeze 1. So much so, that I said earlier in the post that we worry some that we made it "too good" and it that it will cannibalize some Aether/B2 sales. That is a risk, but as I also said, you don't make progress without taking risks.

I will make some chart that compares Aether, B2, Breeze in the coming week as this is a common question. :tu:

Speaking of charts, did you check the neat one I posted regarding performance on the product page? Here you can see how fast Breeze 2 is compared to B2 for example. B2 has absolute undeniable magic and is used on the biggest projects in the world on a daily basis. I think it is already better than ALL of the classic and current hardware with the exception of possibly M7 for realistic/normal presets (but B2 still wins for creative stuff even there). In that sense, if you are making the score for Batman or Superman, as some of customers do, you could in fact dedicate an entire computer to run several B2s using VEP. It's still cheaper than various hardware verbs even if you include say $2k for a dedicated B2 computer. This is the kind of extreme thinking we embrace in B2. It has some of the best magic in industry. For example, for major game scoring projects check out my friend Sonic Mayhem's work:

http://www.sonicmayhem.com

...but the more extreme settings in B2 can take over an entire computer quickly. You certainly ain't gonna run 1000 instances of B2!

Sascha is now using Breeze 2 along side B2.

Simon was also a B2 devotee. I didn't completely anticipate him to be so excited about Breeze 2 simply bc it does not have quite the extensive tweakablity that B2 has for extreme sound-design things. Simon is a beta tester for us. He started falling in love with Breeze 2, and one month into beta we decided to make a Preset Expansion with his work bc he was generating so many presets for it, and positing so many things that I wanted to give something back to him. That was not planned. It just happened naturally.

The same with the Spatial Creatives expansion. I never spoke with Andrew Schlesinger before the beginning of February. He approached us. Andrew has been involved with more hardware than I (in all my tender young years :wink: ) have ever seen in person! Andrew has designed countless factory presets for legendary hardware device manufacturers including Lexicon, TC Electronics, Yamaha, Sony, Eventide, Roland, Korg, Kurzweil, Emu, Alesis, and Casio among others. If you look at these devices and find presets with the name "Drew" in it, that is Andrew. So I guess he has some experience and knowledge and can spot special products. :wink:

I suspect this trend will continue and Breeze 2 will gain more and more attention over the next several months... It's a rather special product.

If you have the money, you should get Perfect Storm 3.0. That is a the easy decision if budget allows. And if you are budget conscious Breeze 2 is the obvious choice. :tu:
first, let me thank you so much for this reply and mentioning sonic mayhem wow, been a fan since quake 2 score from him!

question, i might consider getting the full bundle, how long is it on sale?
this would be 300 more bucks than planned but i dunno, it seems a nice bargain...... if i will need it or use it? i dunno :/
was it anytime cheaper?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I can't seem to get 'Infinite' to work at all. In the manual it talks about damping frequencies, so I've even turned all that off. Still not getting it :oops:

Caine123 wrote: first, let me thank you so much for this reply and mentioning sonic mayhem wow, been a fan since quake 2 score from him!

question, i might consider getting the full bundle, how long is it on sale?
this would be 300 more bucks than planned but i dunno, it seems a nice bargain...... if i will need it or use it? i dunno :/
was it anytime cheaper?
It was slightly cheaper during the pre-release beta, but that is only fair to people who spent their time helping us find and fix any last remaining bugs. This phase is done now.

All the introductory/promo info is here (which the same email we sent to existing customers):

http://2caudio.com/promo/2018breeze2/

Prices will go to full price on April 1st. "Don't let April fool you by missing this deal" (tm) :D

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:I can't seem to get 'Infinite' to work at all. In the manual it talks about damping frequencies, so I've even turned all that off. Still not getting it :oops:
checking, thanks. :tu:

A customer just shared a nice user overview video he posted to youTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lilu1qyomU8

-1 for mispronouncing Aether (I say "E-ther", but who knows, maybe I am wrong myself...). :D
+1 for pronouncing my last name correctly. That's unusual. :D
(and you can ignore his personal review at the end... it's not true. I'm just obsessive. that's my only gift. :wink: and I have great partners!)

One or two minor technical things are not 100% perfectly accurate (my fault for lack of manual so far), but overall it does a really great job of giving an intro to Breeze 2. Much more entertaining than reading my long-winded explanations... Very humbling to find people who donate their time to post such things. We are very grateful for such passion about our work. Thanks Alex! :tu:

Andrew Souter wrote: Simon was also a B2 devotee. I didn't completely anticipate him to be so excited about Breeze 2 simply bc it does not have quite the extensive tweakablity that B2 has for extreme sound-design things. Simon is a beta tester for us. He started falling in love with Breeze 2, and one month into beta we decided to make a Preset Expansion with his work bc he was generating so many presets for it, and positing so many cool audio examples that I wanted to get him involved more deeply. That was not planned. It just happened naturally.

Still just scratching the surface of these two expansion packs.
So many gems.
Simon's Guitar Chorus Chamber is very cool.

:clap:

Return to “Effects”