[silly question] irregular delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:shock: :D 8) :love: :!: :D
Getting excited here

*rubs hands together opportunistically bcs the middle of that is "tunist"*

alright.. with 8 stereo pitch shifters in parallel it's topping ambience for cpu use.. sounds alright though :hihi:
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

alright.. 20 modes.

Code: Select all

filter>fdbk		step mod	lfo
			pre	post		pre	post	target

0 	serial			X
1 	serial			X			X	----
2 	serial			X			X	amp

3 	parallel	X			-	-	----
4 	parallel		X		-	-	----
5 	parallel	X			X		----
6 	parallel	X			X		fdbk
7 	parallel		X		X		----
8 	parallel		X		X		fdbk
9 	parallel	X				X	----
10	parallel	X				X	fbdk
11	parallel		X			X	----
12	parallel		X			X	fdbk

+pitchshifting:
---------------
13	serial			X
14	parallel	X			X		----
15	parallel	X				X	fdbk
16	parallel		X			X	----
17	parallel		X			X	fdbk

lfo to filter cutoff modes:
---------------------------
18	parallel	X				X	cutoff
19	parallel		X			X	cutoff
the code tags don't seem to like tabs :scared:

filters/pitch shifting is applied after the tap in serial mode, and delay lines are integer, so as in the audio example, you can use the serial mode as an infinite loop. limiting is omitted from all post-filtered modes as gain doesn't go higher than 1.0

the algorithmic mixing ('step mod') is applied before or after.. this will have a long maximum time, 45-60 seconds.

pitch shifting is +/- 1 octave, and applied post in serial modes. window time is adjustible.. short times have that old shool effect, longer times are 'smooth' but, as they crossfade between two readers, sound more echoey with short sounds. window length will be set by root note.

gui will probably look like a big blue lcd monitor in a metal frame like the weaver frequency shifter gui.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

:D :shock: 8)

ignoring everything else about this image, do you have any objection to the smaller indicator size? after all, they only need to be large enough to adjust and to roughly indicate size (there will be a numeric display).

http://www.xoxos.net/vst/mp3/amboea3.mp3

in preliminary testing/patching atm, pending everything's working, it needs patching and a manual. this is alg 1, the basic serial delay with bandpass filters on each channel and 100% feedback from tap8 > tap1, casually moving a param here and there.

All good. Can't wait to give it a test.

Return to “Effects”