Opinions about IK Multimedia CSR Classik Studio Reverb please

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear fellows,

I want to have a few opinions about the quality of the IK Multimedia CSR Classik Studio Reverb please.

How does it compare to the other reverbs on the market?

Greetings

b-pole
#PassionForHappiness

I love it. But with reverbs it's a matter of taste and some will tell you the opposite. I prefer Breverb when it comes to transparent reverbs with a long tail... CSR worked really good on snares and aggressive metal vocals - it will obviously work as good on diffrent material as well.

I always give it a spin before choosing, that's for sure.

EDIT: That's probably my most used reverb, I also own Bluverb and Easyverb (already mentioned Breverb) plus some very nice freebies - but wouldn't ditch CSR. Still, no answer about a 64-bit version, if that's of any interest to you.

Still, no answer about a 64-bit version, if that's of any interest to you.
No problem, I know they will do it for all their plugs "soon".
#PassionForHappiness

Here's my full review of it back in 2007.

http://www.traxmusic.org/home/?p=315

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

The developer of CSR is doing a VST emulation of the Lexicon 480L
http://relab.dk/
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I've had it for several years, and I still use it for almost every tune. The sound is a little colored, but I like it. :D

My go to reverb. Love it. Top marks for one simple reason: Lush reverb, no artifacts.

Yes, it has 4 modules, each showcasing a different algorithm (Plate, Reverse, etc.). They're fun to experiment with, but for 99% of my use, I go to one preset. The Large Hall preset, used in varying percentages gives me a broad range of ambiances for a variety of uses. It also works well as either a send or insert.

It is quality. And a great value (IMHO)at its current price point.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

electro wrote:The developer of CSR is doing a VST emulation of the Lexicon 480L
http://relab.dk/
IK is the dev of CSR. You mean former IK employees?
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Developed by WARP, sold by IK.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Yeah, it's stated in an 'about' screen in the plugin.

Is it on sale somewhere??
"The perfect take is the one that felt like it was going to fall apart but never did."

Is it on sale somewhere??
Honest as always, I want to buy it and I wanted to read as much opinions as possible before. :wink:
Last edited by b-pole on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#PassionForHappiness

Seriously, I thought maybe there was a sale. I'm also looking to buy it again.
Seems like there used to be people with extra CSRs in their IK accounts (from IK\esoundz group buys) but haven't heard anyone mention that in a while. I traded mine for RMV :(
"The perfect take is the one that felt like it was going to fall apart but never did."

BERFAB wrote:My go to reverb. Love it. Top marks for one simple reason: Lush reverb, no artifacts.

Yes, it has 4 modules, each showcasing a different algorithm (Plate, Reverse, etc.). They're fun to experiment with, but for 99% of my use, I go to one preset. The Large Hall preset, used in varying percentages gives me a broad range of ambiances for a variety of uses. It also works well as either a send or insert.

It is quality. And a great value (IMHO)at its current price point.

Cheers
-B
My goto preset is the modified version of the plate preset.

I'm a big fan too. The worst thing about it is that it took me a long while to figure out how to set it up to my liking, but now that I can navigate the plugin without issue and know how each parameter responds, I can get the sound I'm looking for in seconds. It's a great "go to" reverb.

Return to “Effects”