Scuffham Amps S-Gear (developed with former Marshall product designer)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
S-Gear

Please, can anyone tell me how does S-Gear compare to LePou Hybrit head? I'm looking for your opinions!
I had some trial messups with S-gear, so I didn't have any time to compare :(

Hybrit is good...but S-Gear is superior imo. It excels in playing dynamics and is probably the most responsive amp sim out right now. If you favor those in-between tones that can be had by adjusting the guitar's volume, then you will love S-Gear. It has more depth and dimension than many others. I love it :) 8)

A little Lullaby... badly played:

http://www.andras-shimon.com/S-Gear/Dusk_Lullaby.mp3

:-o

Uf, I am a die hard Revalver fan, but this S-Gear is getting under my skin, for sure :)

This is a quick demo solo for a demo song made with my trustworthy Les Paul Custom '78 and S-Gear. You can hear Revalver and G&L ASAT telecaster in the background.

http://www.zabukowski.com/music/S-GearDemo.mp3

Zabukowski

I really like how S-Gear has its OWN sound that is distinguishable from others. Sometimes I can actually hear that signature tone, not enough to pick it out of a mix, but... it definitely has a "sound", ya know?
Last edited by blueman on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Still waiting for that x64 win7 beta :D

:hihi:

blueman wrote:I really like how S-Gear has its OWN sound that is distinguishable from others. Sometimes I can actually hear that signature tone, not enough to pick it out of a mix but on its own, but... it definitely has a "sound", ya know?
I know. I found Vandal, THD and even the free trial of GTR very easy to pass on, but even with the ever growing pile of gear that makes up Amplitube (Like some addict I have to own them all!) I still felt the need to pick up S-Gear as well. :help:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Just a heads up:

Version 1.0.3 is out.
This should fix all the issues with Reaper and some other issues.

Mac people stand by.... you are next.

:wink:

AndrewSimon wrote:Just a heads up:

Version 1.0.3 is out.
This should fix all the issues with Reaper and some other issues.

Mac people stand by.... you are next.

:party:

Excellent! What amps/settings did you use? Willing to share presets?

blueman wrote:
Excellent! What amps/settings did you use? Willing to share presets?
Thanks

Sure, I can share presets but there is so much going on outside of
S-Gear I don't think it will translate well.
I have used the RockBlock as a drive pedal (now with NOS RCA 12AU7 cleartops, you have to try these tubes), the free WatKat tape delay, some Chamber IR reverb, and..... finger picking.

Give me a few, I will upload some of my favorite presets.
As usual, it's always The Duke.... but I'm warming up now to the Stealer.

Last edited by AndrewSimon on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

OK, here is the preset:

http://www.andras-shimon.com/S-Gear/MajorMinor.sfx

Let me know how it worked out.

By the way, about importing presets, I don't see how can I import this to an empty space, you must over write something (hmm... tricky)
The best way I have found is to create a new duplicate preset by pushing the NEW button, then "right click" on this new duplicate preset and "Import from File"..... is there a better way? I have never imported or exported any presets... until now.

:?:

AndrewSimon wrote:One more cleanish sample:

http://www.andras-shimon.com/S-Gear/MajorMinor.mp3

Is it possible to post the backing track to that? Sounds like a fun one to jam over.

ftr i thought the 'lullaby' was one of the best demonstrations of tone i've heard. nicely played and conceived.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “Effects”