DMGAudio Compassion (Launched)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DaveGamble wrote:
4damind wrote:I see this sidechain switch... will the compressor support VST3?
Only in both 32bit and 64bit on both Windows and Mac. ;)
And AU 32+64bit. Also 4in-2out and 2in-1out VST2 versions, both 32 and 64bit.
Also RTAS both platforms.
Hehe ;) Dave Gamble quality compressor.. Hmm.. I think I must buy it :P

Internal sidechain right?

Also, just a thought, in the screenshot the ratio is set to infinity but the indicator on the knob is only at 2 o'clock. Is that the maximum position? Seeing the Dry/Wet's maximum position at 5 o'clock i would think that ratio could turn further. ;)

You can still trust your ears with a graph, no?

Regardless, this thing looks like a beast.

Brent
My host is better than your host

zeep wrote:Internal sidechain right?

Also, just a thought, in the screenshot the ratio is set to infinity but the indicator on the knob is only at 2 o'clock. Is that the maximum position? Seeing the Dry/Wet's maximum position at 5 o'clock i would think that ratio could turn further. ;)
Man. No short answer. Compassion is pretty flexible with sidechaining.

You can route in an external signal, mix it with the (filtered? bandsplit?) internal signal, mix in some noise, filter the lot again, configure the mix of how those channels should trigger each channel independently.

Oh, and yeah, it goes all the way to overcompression. Also, it has an expander. And you can do both upwards expansion and upward compression.

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

DaveGamble wrote:Each of those boxes at the bottom with the left/right arrows allow you to tab through a bunch of extra controls. There's about 90 all in. You want screenshots of the expanded advanced pages?
yes!! :D

man this sounds incredible.

I want it ... NOW!! :D

Cheers,
Doc

Dave, seems that you have designed the ultimate compressor plug-in ;)

Hey,

I've been cutting up screenshots for the manual (yes. there'll be a manual. I'm doing one for EQuality too, that'll be out about the same time, once it's all proofread.)

Check the advanced pages here: http://blog.dmgaudio.com/?p=79

Dave.

4damind wrote:Dave, seems that you have designed the ultimate compressor plug-in ;)
I live in hope. Still, I'm the least objective person to ask about it. ;) I'm profoundly in love with the thing. It lets me do mad stuff. Best of all, I can set it up to cause absolutely unbearable sonic death, and in a click it sounds as soft and smooth as you could hope for.

We're really close to a release candidate now; final polishing, building nice presets (and Mods, if you spotted that...), and updating the site and such.

I'm attempting to write the content for the webpage now and struggling.

Might call it a day for now and just chat on here for a bit :)

Dave.

I love this man.
as a very happy user of your eq. I rarely use any other eq's now. I was dying for this to arrive... and you went vst3?
I love you.
I would happily pay for this now without even hearing it.....
really looking forward to it.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sooooo, explain "mods".

zvenx wrote:I love this man.
as a very happy user of your eq. I rarely use any other eq's now. I was dying for this to arrive... and you went vst3?
I love you.
rsp
Yo. EQuality is VST3 as well, for what that's worth. I'm going to push the Mac 64bit EQuality VST/VST3 through testing and then that'll be out too. Compassion is going to get priority of about a week though; don't want to divert the beta team.

koolkeys wrote:Sooooo, explain "mods".
Well, we know what a preset is, right? It encapsulates the state of the entire plugin.

So... what if you wanted to audition how your current settings would sound with a different compressor model, but same main settings?
A Mod encapsulates PART of the plugin settings, so you can adjust BITS. You can configure the thing in a part-and-part way. You could grab a Mod to set the threshold/ratio/attack/release to something suitable for drums, grab another Mod to try a few different styles of compression, and then just tweak what you felt necessary.

There's a mod to configure the detectors to stereo link and another to stereo unlink.

I didn't want Compassion to turn into ONLY a super-tweakfest. I think it's very important that you can use it fast. Mods are the solution to that problem.

Also, being able to export a bank of Mods after you've spent the afternoon replicating the sound of everything in your rack and send it to your friends is kinda neat.

Dave.

:shock:

DaveGamble wrote:
zvenx wrote:I love this man.
I love you.
rsp
Yo. EQuality is VST3 as well, for what that's worth. I'm going to push the Mac 64bit EQuality VST/VST3 through testing and then that'll be out too. Compassion is going to get priority of about a week though; don't want to divert the beta team.
yes but for me it is mainly dynamic stuff like compressors that I find most useful to use the sidechain with why I crave vst3 in nuendo/cubase.
thanks
rsp

Wow this looks really nice!
And the mods are a good idea! :)

Cheers
Dennis

Return to “Effects”