MidiShaper 1.4 Out Now / Modulate your synths, effects and hardware

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MidiShaper

You are probably right that Bidule and mulch send parameter changes, but I am not sure. I'm still hoping that one day new standards will emerge.
One new standard we do have is VST. Well, obviously not that new anymore, but boy have the audio capabilities of the average computer changed in the last 10-15 years with the boom of VST. I'm also glad that Midi controllers have gotten more attention in the last few years. But enough OT from me. ;)

Jakob / CableGuys wrote:MidiShaper's current alpha suffers from a crash bug - it can crash your host when using one-shot-LFOs. We introduced the same issue with Curve 1.3, which we released two days ago. It took me about 8 hrs to understand the issue, and we are close to a fix for both MidiShaper and Curve.
hey just wondering if this will be a new 1.* version number, or will it just be a 'quick fix' updating the current version number ?

I guess I'll stay tuned to this thread!

also regarding 14bit midi, ableton live uses it as well. renoise too probably. all daws even ? ... and reaktor ?

Rosebudd wrote:
Jakob / CableGuys wrote:MidiShaper's current alpha suffers from a crash bug - it can crash your host when using one-shot-LFOs. We introduced the same issue with Curve 1.3, which we released two days ago. It took me about 8 hrs to understand the issue, and we are close to a fix for both MidiShaper and Curve.
hey just wondering if this will be a new 1.* version number, or will it just be a 'quick fix' updating the current version number ?

I guess I'll stay tuned to this thread!

also regarding 14bit midi, ableton live uses it as well. renoise too probably. all daws even ? ... and reaktor ?
Well FL Studio doesn't support 14bit. That's the only one where I am sure. Cool that ableton Live has it - didn't know that. :)

Great and timely idea. What some people hoped LFOTool would become. Unfortunately the Alpha 3 version crashed Nuendo 4.3 :(

I tried it a second time: this time it isn't crashing but it just doesn't work as it should:

- MIDIShaper is instantiated on an Audio track so its MIDI I/O appears in the project.

- A softsynth is instantiated

- A MIDI track is instantiated to connect MIDIShaper's MIDI out to the softsynth MIDI input.

All live monitoring is on but there doesn't appear to be any data coming from MIDIShaper, whether the DAW is playing or not. If I route my controller to the same softsynth, it responds to CCs. And LFOTool works in the same configuration.

Ready to try the next vesrion! :wink:

It took much longer than expected, but now the new alpha is out. Get it here: http://www.cableguys.de/midi-shaper.html

Besides fixing the bad crash bug, we also changed the way one-shot-LFOs work. Before, when the LFO was finished, it jumped back to 0. Now it stays with the last value of the waveform. We guess this is more useful in most (if not all) cases.

fixed in curve too ?

@Breeze: We must admit that we have not tested MidiShaper in Nuendo and Cubase yet. We'll check that before beta starts, though.

Rosebudd wrote:fixed in curve too ?
Yes! We just released the update some minutes ago.

great!
for convenience sake would it be possible to have a seperate download for pancake in the user area ?

Rosebudd wrote:great!
for convenience sake would it be possible to have a seperate download for pancake in the user area ?
Ah we would like to keep the download page simple. I guess with download rates these days it's no deal to download some MBs more (with currently 15 MB for all plugins).

EDIT: Ah, sorry, you mean in the page you see after logging in? Right, a download for PanCake could be useful there.

Jakob / CableGuys wrote:@Breeze: We must admit that we have not tested MidiShaper in Nuendo and Cubase yet. We'll check that before beta starts, though.
OK. thanks. FYI: alpha 4 doesn't work in Nuendo either.

BTW, not locking the endpoint to the startpoint in one-shots :tu:

Jakob / CableGuys wrote: EDIT: Ah, sorry, you mean in the page you see after logging in? Right, a download for PanCake could be useful there.
that's the one ;)

A question to the native speakers:

We are currently finalizing texts for our newsletter and website for MidiShaper. And we'd like to say this as slogan:

- Enrich your synths and effects with MidiShaper.

Meaning that you can add all these modulation possibilities to them. Does this sound strange? Would it be better to say one of these?

- Enhance your synths and effects with MidiShaper.
- Empower your synths and effects with MidiShaper.

We'd prefer "enrich" but only if it sounds fine.

Jakob / CableGuys wrote:A question to the native speakers:

We are currently finalizing texts for our newsletter and website for MidiShaper. And we'd like to say this as slogan:

- Enrich your synths and effects with MidiShaper.

Meaning that you can add all these modulation possibilities to them. Does this sound strange? Would it be better to say one of these?

- Enhance your synths and effects with MidiShaper.
- Empower your synths and effects with MidiShaper.

We'd prefer "enrich" but only if it sounds fine.
Yes and yes.

"Enhance" and "empower"are both better, but "empower" has my vote (more "oomph"). "Enrich" doesn't work well in this context (Enrich your life, your wealth, your food... not your synths...).

BTW: have you tested it under Cubendo yet?

Jakob / CableGuys wrote:Just trying it (in Cubase 5). And still failing. I have an instrument channel, and tell it to receive MIDI from an audio channel (where MidiShaper is located in), but nothing arrives in the MIDI channel. So still struggling with it.
Ah, I figured it out. Will post a video soon.

Return to “Effects”