Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

andy_cytomic wrote:
Sendy wrote:If you do add extra LFO waveforms please add square and sawtooth if possible, these two are awesome for lo-fi and glitchy stuff.
The LFO is already continuously variable with the asym knob between saw up / tri / saw down, with curve at 0%, and then the curve knob varies the straight line segments into exponential / inverse exponential shapes with almost right angles at 100% and -100%. With the curve at full you get pwm with the asym knob.

Ahh, sorry. Brain fart on my end, despite using this in just about every song I only thought it could produce triangle waves and distortions of them.

Would it be possible to have the actual resultant waveform displayed on the LFO blue button?
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

andy_cytomic wrote:
sqigls wrote:Hi Andy, will the discount expire for owners of the Glue? I am planning to buy the Drop next week. Cheers, AWESOME filter man, amazing sound.
The discount will not expire any time soon, I'm giving it a go as a permanent fixture. If I do decide to stop doing it I'll make sure to give people at least a months notice.

For those unaware of the deal it is buy one get 30% off the second, which applies if you are an existing customer or buy two at once.
Tried to buy the Drop today and the discount wasn't there. Existing Glue owner.

woodsdenis wrote:
andy_cytomic wrote:
sqigls wrote:Hi Andy, will the discount expire for owners of the Glue? I am planning to buy the Drop next week. Cheers, AWESOME filter man, amazing sound.
The discount will not expire any time soon, I'm giving it a go as a permanent fixture. If I do decide to stop doing it I'll make sure to give people at least a months notice.

For those unaware of the deal it is buy one get 30% off the second, which applies if you are an existing customer or buy two at once.
+1 Got to the paypal confirmation and not showing, only full price :(Dropped an email to sales at cytomic :)

andy_cytomic wrote:I've been having a think about the Sine shape and have a suggestion.

How many people think the "Uni" button is essential? I can replace the "Uni" button that with a "Sine" button, and I also want to add a new button called "Once" in the remaining space for a one-shot mode when the LFO is triggered so you can use it like an envelope. How does this sound? I think this makes most sense since modulation via the LFO is typically a bipolar thing, and you can easily adjust the Offset knob to make up for any differences. Uni mode is automatically used for amplitude modulation of the pre or post level.
I would say that UNI is just fine and that the ONCE button would be a great addition. Especially for drums patching in combination with another sound-source (or n ;-)

MFXxx wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
andy_cytomic wrote:

+1 Got to the paypal confirmation and not showing, only full price :(Dropped an email to sales at cytomic :)
All good discount is now working on the website...Thanks another plugin purchased :•)

Bargain.

Peace

Hey Guys,

The web page discounts and State / Province fields are both up and running again, sorry for the problems. All this web page stuff can be a little brittle at times with the conglomerate of technologies at play.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Just got it with discount, great product and support

:)

woodsdenis wrote:Just got it with discount, great product and support

:)
I can second that statement, all three parts :)

andy_cytomic wrote:For smooth sweeps it shouldn't matter which method you use if you have the "Step Freq" set to off, ie if smoothing is enabled. Automating via the frequency knob directly is the most sure fire way to get smooth results. For most of the examples I have done actually use a MIDI knob mapped to the frequency knob so the incoming resolution is only 128 steps.

It's not just the filter emulation in The Drop that I spent lots of time and effort on getting right. One of the coolest non-analog modelling bits of DSP I came up with is the smoothing algorithm. This turns stepped midi cc automation from even the most wobbly hands and smooths it in very musical and cool way that leaves the expression but removes the bumps. Here is the spectrogram of the a sine wave oscillator being controlled by 128 steps of a midi controller, you can clearly see and hear the clicks in the top plot that are removed from the bottom plot

Cool! I love that. Thanks for the info.

j0hnny wrote:
andy_cytomic wrote:For smooth sweeps it shouldn't matter which method you use if you have the "Step Freq" set to off, ie if smoothing is enabled. Automating via the frequency knob directly is the most sure fire way to get smooth results. For most of the examples I have done actually use a MIDI knob mapped to the frequency knob so the incoming resolution is only 128 steps.

It's not just the filter emulation in The Drop that I spent lots of time and effort on getting right. One of the coolest non-analog modelling bits of DSP I came up with is the smoothing algorithm. This turns stepped midi cc automation from even the most wobbly hands and smooths it in very musical and cool way that leaves the expression but removes the bumps. Here is the spectrogram of the a sine wave oscillator being controlled by 128 steps of a midi controller, you can clearly see and hear the clicks in the top plot that are removed from the bottom plot

Cool! I love that. Thanks for the info.
This knob behaviour should be standard for all plugins. It's gorgeous.

WAVES, are you listening? (no.). Cough *element* Cough!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:
j0hnny wrote: Cool! I love that. Thanks for the info.
This knob behaviour should be standard for all plugins. It's gorgeous.

WAVES, are you listening? (no.). Cough *element* Cough!
Thanks guys!

Don't be too hard on Waves, over the years I've tried all sorts of smoothing algorithms, which have all failed miserably at this sort of thing until now. I eventually had a moment of pure insight. It took about ten minutes to implement, and when I listened to the results I was gob smacked - it did exactly what I wanted with very little "tuning" to get it sounding brilliant. I talked to my very good friend Magnus Lidström about it as well and he was equally impressed with its elegance, efficiency, and most of all results. Magnus really knows his algorithms so when he asked to use it in his "Echobode" http://soniccharge.com/echobode plugin for Reason I was honoured. The bonus about this algorithm is it is actually an analog model as well, I could build the circuit of the it and smooth out stepped analog signals :-)

I'm going to eat your brains, and gain your knowledge.
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

hey i just bought the drop....can i now get a discount if i want to purchase the compressor?

ddeez wrote:hey i just bought the drop....can i now get a discount if i want to purchase the compressor?
You sure can, just make sure you are logged in and the discount will appear at the checkout page along with any tax (Australia only)

thanks. Cuz im now a paying customer of your products ;) can you tell me when the next filter model will be implemented and what it's going to be?

Return to “Effects”