Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

Wow. This sounds unbelievably heavy! Can't wait! :D

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Great news and loving the demo sounds.

@Andy How will this differ to other filters currently out and about ie; Fafbilter Volcano2, CamelAudio CamelPhat, Soundtoys Filter Freak, PSP N20, u-he Uhbik F, Sonalksis TBK?

Purely selfish but currently what's in the rack. Don't get me wrong I know I'll end up buying it for variety but none the less in a market filled with versatile filters how will yours be a game changer?

I appreciate price isn't in the mix for this question and will eventually have a bearing on things.

Out in December? A little early to announce it......... :wink:

May be for Andy "December" means "July" :P

MFXxx wrote:Great news and loving the demo sounds.

@Andy How will this differ to other filters currently out and about ie; Fafbilter Volcano2, CamelAudio CamelPhat, Soundtoys Filter Freak, PSP N20, u-he Uhbik F, Sonalksis TBK?

Purely selfish but currently what's in the rack. Don't get me wrong I know I'll end up buying it for variety but none the less in a market filled with versatile filters how will yours be a game changer?

I appreciate price isn't in the mix for this question and will eventually have a bearing on things.
if i may ask you - did you take time to listen to audio examples on Cytomic site? especially latter parts of first 3 clips (MS20 style filter on a saw waveform) and ending of "Driven Drums" clip? if you did listen and these clips didn't do it for you, or you already have a piece of kit that can do such stuff, then i would venture a guess that you don't need The Drop. ;)
"Dont mistake your inability to understand how this happens for it actualy being imposible. " - nollock

That's something I find very important these days with filters, that they are totally 100% clean when open. Some seem to add colour no matter what you do.

Looking forward to this Andy :)
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

michu wrote:
MFXxx wrote:Great news and loving the demo sounds.

if i may ask you - did you take time to listen to audio examples on Cytomic site? especially latter parts of first 3 clips (MS20 style filter on a saw waveform) and ending of "Driven Drums" clip? if you did listen and these clips didn't do it for you, or you already have a piece of kit that can do such stuff, then i would venture a guess that you don't need The Drop. ;)
Yep listened to them all briefly, mp3 so just a flavour. I was more prompting for an architects response :D

Sounds really nice Andy! Do you have any premade GUI's to show us? :D What the price will be? 99$ again?

Very nmice I like the soundsamples. Looking forwrd hearing/seeing more

MFXxx wrote:@Andy How will this differ to other filters currently out and about ie; Fafbilter Volcano2, CamelAudio CamelPhat, Soundtoys Filter Freak, PSP N20, u-he Uhbik F, Sonalksis TBK?
I'm not Andy, but I would venture to say his filter plugin will probably sound more like the Synth Squad filters, since he also developed Synth Squad.

musicbird wrote:Very nmice I like the soundsamples. Looking forwrd hearing/seeing more
+1 :love:

Sounds reeeeeeaaaalllly good :) want

LeVzi wrote:That's something I find very important these days with filters, that they are totally 100% clean when open. Some seem to add colour no matter what you do.

Looking forward to this Andy :)
I agree. That's why I don't like Sonalksis TBK.

A couple of new audio examples are up on the web page showing off a very difficult case, screaming self oscillation with huge amounts of FM without any oversampling at all - check it out!

https://cytomic.com/cytomic-announces-d ... ter-plugin
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

mike1k wrote:Out in December? A little early to announce it......... :wink:
People were keen to have some news and know what the next plugin was going to be so I didn't want to hold out on them any longer. I will most likely finish it before that, but until I have completed more work I'll stick to December as the release date just to be safe.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Return to “Effects”