Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

Scalable GUI? Very nice!

I really like the look of it.
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Wow this new version of the GUI looks wonderful Andy, congrats !
I'd love to see that kind of graphical improvement to The Glue...

Nice, but I still recommed fade for the freguency graphic.

The gui is looking absolutely great Andy! Very nice job!!

(Did you already try putting the frequency graphic in the light blue color instead of the dark blue as the LFO and ENV buttons ? Think it would look a bit more clear and better imho.)

Anyways, I'm ready to download :)

Endor-8o8 wrote:Wow this new version of the GUI looks wonderful Andy, congrats !
I'd love to see that kind of graphical improvement to The Glue...
I forgot to say, thanks to everyone for their input on the gui development, your comments helped me make lots of improvements.

I will be re-doing The Glue as well, I'm much better at 3D now than when I did The Glue. The combination of MOI 3D http://moi3d.com/ for hard surface modelling and and Modo http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/products/modo/ for animation, texturing, and rendering is really good!
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

sonicpowa wrote:Nice, but I still recommed fade for the freguency graphic.
There is a fade! I just like it to be very subtle. More work will be done in this area as I add more layers and text.

irtimid wrote:The gui is looking absolutely great Andy! Very nice job!!

(Did you already try putting the frequency graphic in the light blue color instead of the dark blue as the LFO and ENV buttons ? Think it would look a bit more clear and better imho.)

I'm keeping the frequency response dull since on top of it will be brighter linework showing things like the LFO and Envelope shapes.

It looks very good. Much improved.

When will a new demo be available?

andy-cytomic wrote:
There is a fade! I just like it to be very subtle. More work will be done in this area as I add more layers and text.
Great! I just point out that probably it should be visible. :)
But yes you are right small subtle details are very important for the GUI.
And I like the latest version.

andy-cytomic wrote:
irtimid wrote:The gui is looking absolutely great Andy! Very nice job!!

I'm keeping the frequency response dull since on top of it will be brighter linework showing things like the LFO and Envelope shapes.
Nice one! Looking fwd :tu: :phones:

andy-cytomic wrote:I've been very busy re-design the gui (again!). I rushed the previous design trying to get it done before moving, but I've now taken the time to do it properly. The high resolution render looked so good I wanted to somehow bring this to everyone, and with the help of new Juce functionality, I have now done a smoothly scalable interface.
The new GUI looks pretty cool!
I really like the new background surface and the glowing effect on the buttons.
Not to mention scaling funtionality which is amazing!
Only one thing to nag about - the background of the ring marks have weak contrast imho, it's like white lines on nearly-white-gray background. Kind of nitpicking though.
Well, since I'm at it, these purple buttons... :hihi:
Come to think of it - Nevermind, I'd rather play with those new filterz... ASAP! :D

I feel I'm getting teased by the lingerie, want to get down to the good stuff :)

sonicpowa wrote:
andy-cytomic wrote:
Great! I just point out that probably it should be visible. :)
But yes you are right small subtle details are very important for the GUI.
And I like the latest version.
I need to fine tune the fade once I have added the other elements to the UI, it may look better in context to be a stronger fade.

Dr.Gunjah wrote:
andy-cytomic wrote:I've been very busy re-design the gui (again!). I rushed the previous design trying to get it done before moving, but I've now taken the time to do it properly. The high resolution render looked so good I wanted to somehow bring this to everyone, and with the help of new Juce functionality, I have now done a smoothly scalable interface.
The new GUI looks pretty cool!
I really like the new background surface and the glowing effect on the buttons.
Not to mention scaling funtionality which is amazing!
Only one thing to nag about - the background of the ring marks have weak contrast imho, it's like white lines on nearly-white-gray background. Kind of nitpicking though.
Well, since I'm at it, these purple buttons... :hihi:
Come to think of it - Nevermind, I'd rather play with those new filterz... ASAP! :D
Thanks for the feedback! I deliberately made the contrast low on ring and ring marks, since they are still visible to work with but this way don't dazzle the eye as much with a zillion little lines which looks a bit busy. Not sure what you're talking about with the purple buttons, I've calibrated my monitor and there is no purple at all on the interface, is your monitor colour calibrated?

Hey Andy, I was one of the people who was trying to be constructively critical of the last GUI and this new one is much improved. I still prefer the original circular shinier big knobs from the current beta, but that's just a personal thing. Nice update! Look forward to the next release.

Return to “Effects”