Stripbus 2.0 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chacka wrote:Oh, just received Bus2 x64! Will check tomorrow, today I had no chance to really dig into Strip. New consoles are interesting from the short check I had in between. :)
Oh, too much work yesterday. It was Strip 2.0 x64 that I received in that second email. No Bus 2.0 here yet. Sorry for the false info. :oops:

quintosardo wrote:
Umudo wrote:And i haven't even got my Strip2 yet. I'm sad :/
You should have got it, now, sent again manually ;)
Yes, just checked. Thanks! :)
Quinto, this is a "magic file" (:D) like Cuttertone, right? Because the folder name has AU in it but the file extension is vst. Haven't had chance to try it yet, wanted to ask before i could try :)

Yes!

I want a daw with all quinto's plugs built into the mixer from start.........

The bass filter with the resonant peak (cant remember name) is so fantastic fabulous! Fantastic!!'The air also adds a lovely air :D
:hug:

Yeah, nice. Lotsa stuff to check out in depth.
I like the new consoles. They add cool new colors to the palette.
Unfortunately the Xtalk delay compensation doesn't work in Reaper. The changed latency is shown but the sound is wrong.

I noticed that the ducking effect doesn't seem as pronounced as the earlier version.
Is that the case or am i imagining that?
Also when i load a new instance, the xtalk becomes automatically turned off on other previously loaded instances

The ducking and the interaction in general are affected by the extra headroom control. When extra headroom is zero you get the same interaction and ducking as in v.1

Xtalk alignment works well in Reaper here. B e sure to switch it off and on again after changing mode and it should go in place.

Curious about what people are getting with this xtalk thing.

Xtalk on lowest setting works for me, just very slightly soften/blurs the edges of the sounds together.

quintosardo wrote:The ducking and the interaction in general are affected by the extra headroom control. When extra headroom is zero you get the same interaction and ducking as in v.1

Xtalk alignment works well in Reaper here. B e sure to switch it off and on again after changing mode and it should go in place.

Quinto, are you using the 64bit Reaper? I'm using the 32bit version (and 32bit Strip of course). It definitely does not work here. Switch to Hal and it has lotsa slapback delays while there's no such delay in the mixer. Buffer is 1024 for this.

BTW, I like the noise. :D

chacka wrote:
quintosardo wrote:The ducking and the interaction in general are affected by the extra headroom control. When extra headroom is zero you get the same interaction and ducking as in v.1

Quinto, are you using the 64bit Reaper? I'm using the 32bit version (and 32bit Strip of course). It definitely does not work here. Switch to Hal and it has lotsa slapback delays while there's no such delay in the mixer. Buffer is 1024 for this.

BTW, I like the noise. :D
reaper 32bit on Mac here. Works well.

Did you try switching it off and on when activating an aligned mode?
It is needed to report the new latency to the host.

quintosardo wrote:Did you try switching it off and on when activating an aligned mode?
Yes Quinto. Switched off and on several times, stopped and started again, nothing consistently helped. It tends to sound different when starting several times. Sometimes it's OKish and sometimes it's just shatter echoes.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2148367/Strip_Xtalk_prob.wav
I will leave that off. Strip is fine without it for me.

chacka wrote:
quintosardo wrote:Did you try switching it off and on when activating an aligned mode?
Yes Quinto. Switched off and on several times, stopped and started again, nothing consistently helped. It tends to sound different when starting several times. Sometimes it's OKish and sometimes it's just shatter echoes.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2148367/Strip_Xtalk_prob.wav
I will leave that off. Strip is fine without it for me.
Ok, so a more robust reporting of the latency to host is needed.

Just to be clear, Bus v2 hasn't been sent out yet?

TFF wrote:Just to be clear, Bus v2 hasn't been sent out yet?
Yes, that's right.

Anyone been to Macistan? I hear it's lovely this time of year.

Return to “Effects”