Le Masque :Delay: [Xils-Lab] [ Version 1.5 Released]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lotuzia wrote:Version 1.5 is on the radar.
excellence! :love: :love: - the new tutorial videos are great!

Looking forward to this LtZ.

Lotuzia wrote:If you have some ideas, some FR, etc it's time to tell us ...

NOW :)

Have you considered Shuffle/Swing on the delay?

VitaminD wrote:

GREAT idea. This is the one thing I miss from Echoboy.

If it's not too late - some new presets with standard settings like ping pong, slap-back, etc., and set up so the mod wheel varies the delay rate (snapping back to sync when released), etc. or some other musically useful aspect of the delay.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

JeffSanders wrote:
VitaminD wrote:

GREAT idea. This is the one thing I miss from Echoboy.
Yes, because swing and groove are in our thoughts from the very beginning, and there are many approaches to this. Let's discuss it a bit

Actually some are already implemented in Le Masque, and if you take a look at the "Operating the Masks" new 1.5 tutorial, at the end you'll see one of them. This one is Le Masque exclusive. But it only adresses all the shuffles to set the Masks ( active zones ). So probably not what you're asking now. ( But still very powerfull )

Also already implemented are different templates, when the delay is midi synced, that will give you prefect swing, or intermediate "mathematic" values ( So a lot of values are already available quickly) These are shuffles/grooves etc, but are only preselection of it, and though beeing very handy, only represent a subset of the possible values.

Also already implemented are midi CCs wih can modulate the delay time. So this sets the question for non midi synced values ( If some of you are interested by this, they can have a look at the SoulFUnk demo, where i not only "extract" the snare drum of a clean drumloop to process it with Le Masque, but also am able to apply to it various triplets and binary strict shuffles ( with midi sync ). If you extrapolate this to non midi sync delay times, you're really free to make any shuffle you want. Actually a "shuffle" first refer to a strict base rythmic value, wich has to be determined first. ( Like in Oxium arpeggiator, where the Swing button refers to a musical tempo subdivision set in the arpegiattor)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE8s1z3pDBQ

Yet, I think you refer as a "Shuffle" Swing knob wich would allow to navigate, when the delay is synced, between two boundaries. Here again several approaches are possible, so we'll take a bit of time to think about that, then post the results later.

If some of you want to share ideas about how this knob should behave, you're very welcomed. I have my own idea about that, but I wont post it now, to avoid fresh ideas that could bump out :)

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Gonga wrote:If it's not too late - some new presets with standard settings like ping pong, slap-back, etc., and set up so the mod wheel varies the delay rate (snapping back to sync when released), etc. or some other musically useful aspect of the delay.
Thanks for asking :)

Ping pong : So if the behaviour you expect for Ping Pong presets is Delay left jumping from right to left ( while right delay make the opposite) after each new delay "hit", I will make some. Le Masque "levels" can be used to automate the Pan. Please note that this will depend of the Masks design though ( So, if your delay are set to 16th notes, and there are 16 masks on the grid, one for each 16th note, I think this will give exactly what you expect, but if you then change the delay time for 32th note, the stereo jump will only occur after each pair of delays "hits" - wich a regular Ping Pong Delay cannot do btw- So the idea to keep in mind is that the Ping Pong depends on the Masks number and position )

And well, if this is not what you expect of Ping Pong delays, just let me know, and I'll do my best :)

Slap Back : Only one delay "echo" with a rather high level ? I can do several. Again if its not that just tell me.

Modulation : The delay time can already be automated via Midi CCs. ( Well like all other Masks parameters ...) The possible target values for Mod Wheel atm are : All Filters parameters ( Cut-Off, Res, Drive), the L,R Delay LEVELs ( = Gain), and the L'R delay Pan position, wich I just refered at a bit above.

So adding the Delay times would be great too. I cant promise that this will be possible for the 1.5 version, because the release date is rather soon, but we'll certainly consider it for one of the next versions.

LtZ

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

JeffSanders wrote:Looking forward to this LtZ.
Thanks for your interest

Leander wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Version 1.5 is on the radar.
excellence! :love: :love: - the new tutorial videos are great!
Thanks Leander.

Here's the first tutorial for the V1.5 version : " Operating the Masks"

I think it can be usefull to watch it for all users who already have the v 1.1 version, because you'll see all the new 1.5 Masks functions and power, and eventually will discover some things you might have missed on the v 1.1 version as well.

For those who still dont have Le Masque, and will, or not, demo it, it tries to transmit "all you have to know to use the Masks in a fast and intuitive way" in a 3 minutes course, and as such, will avoid you a lot of manual reading, or experimenting without knowing what exactly to expect from Le Masque.

There's only a bit of audio in the end of the Video, so really it's a pure tutorial, not an audio demo, but I think eachh one can extrapolate to see the huge possibilities of Le Masque. The other tutorial have/will have audio demos "included" btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVrm3pLzdVc

LtZ

Gonga wrote:If it's not too late - some new presets with standard settings like ping pong, slap-back, etc., and set up so the mod wheel varies the delay rate (snapping back to sync when released), etc. or some other musically useful aspect of the delay.
Added some Ping Pong (by Masks) presets, including the mod Wheel for additional real time pan position mangling.

Added some Slap Back Presets with different times settings.

Added some pseudo Spring Reverb presets.

Added some pseudo Resonnator presets ( those who have had a Lexicon unit will see at once ) These ones are crazy. With mod Wheel action also.

I've created these new categories also, and tagged accordingly the new presets, so the presets will be easy to find.

LtZ

Le Masque version 1.5 has been released yesterday : It is a major update, wich includes new features, an enhanced ergonomy and workflow, and some bugfixes.

In short :

New features : New Freeze/Dub/Loop Button ( The only way to huge Dub delays ), now 16 Masks ( Instead of 8 ), New Dry/Wet level LOCK button ( Makes it a lot more easy and fun to experiment with presets, and to browse them ), Speaking of presets now around 50 more ( total = more than 120 presets ), Multi selection and multiEdition of Masks now available ( The only way for subtle and sophisticated grooves in a flash ), New Mask Level specific function, etc etc

Ergonomy and workflow, visual feedback : Completely revamped masks handling system, with multi selection and multi edit, Selected mask(s) have specific shape and colors, mouse handling and graphical feedback for masks enhanced ( example : approaching the locators of a mask/mask multi selection with mouse will gradually change its locators colours ), Lock Masks toggle, Zoom into grid area ( the only way for very precise mask position editing), and finally, accurate visualisation of the incoming audio signals into the grid area : You can watch this one for hours while playing, but also very handy to position the masks according to the part you play. New Multiselect masks buttos ( All, Odd, Even) New tutorial videos. etc, etc

Bugs fixed : Sluggish GUI on certain daws/OS combinations ( Fixed), Various ProTools bugs ( Fixed) RTAS version : Choice to install the RTAS version or not during install.

And to celebrate all this : You can get a 25% discount.

Reminder : Le Masque is only protected by a serial and you can DL the demo there : www.xils-lab.com

Then : The 1.5 version upgrade is free for all Le Masque users. Download it now at the usual DL location.

I'm going to buy this at some point for sure, looks and sounds good plus the workflow seems fun.

:)

Just downloaded the 1.5 update and, now, the AU will not open ( in Live 8 or DSP Quattro ). The vst is working fine. Anyone else had this problem ( I'm on Osx Lion, by the way ).

baconpriest wrote:Just downloaded the 1.5 update and, now, the AU will not open ( in Live 8 or DSP Quattro ). The vst is working fine. Anyone else had this problem ( I'm on Osx Lion, by the way ).
Yes. AU won't open for me either. Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Booted into 64 bit kernel. 64 bit Logic 9.1.8 ...

validating Audio Unit LeMasqueDelay by XILS-lab:

AU Validation Tool
Version: 1.6.1a1
Copyright 2003-2007, Apple, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aumf' - 'tMkD' - 'Xils'
Manufacturer String: XILS-lab
AudioUnit name: LeMasqueDelay
Component Version: 1.0.0 (0x10000)

* * PASS
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
Time to open AudioUnit: 5.228 ms
WARM:
Time to open AudioUnit: 0.006 ms
FIRST TIME:
FATAL ERROR: Initialize: result: 4294956421

validation result: couldn't be opened

Hi,

Sorry for this, I just fixed it (a package issue)

Just download and install it again (the installer is tagged "..._1.5.0c.dmg")

http://www.xils-lab.com/pages/LeMasqueD ... nload.html

Best regards
Xavier

Return to “Effects”