Toontrack EZmix 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ttoz wrote:sorry i meant mac, i should have said that.
and that also means the kvr info is innaccurate without the 64 symbol.
I own both EZ Drummer and SD2.0, plus some Expansions. Everything is running natively in x64 on my Mac.
Don't know what makes you say otherwise.

In fact, Toontrack were one of the first "in the scene" to produce stable x64 versions of their VSTi and AUi, so I don't know why EZMix should not be x64 on Macs from the start.

I'm pretty sure that EZMix won't trash "professional" mixing, but for bedroom producers and project studios, it does look promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvprkB0ZnYU
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Hell. I'm a Toontrack customer and love my EZ and SD + expansions - but I truly despise the "mix in 5 minutes" concept... music is already too much "standard sounding" these days, what we don't need is some one-stop-mixing solution.

Yes, I understand it can be useful for musicians sending out their demos, but it's still disgusting to me.

just downloaded the demo and I like it very much. to me the workflow improved significantly. hopefuly I'll be upgrading soon :).

chokehold wrote:
ttoz wrote:sorry i meant mac, i should have said that.
and that also means the kvr info is innaccurate without the 64 symbol.
I own both EZ Drummer and SD2.0, plus some Expansions. Everything is running natively in x64 on my Mac.
Don't know what makes you say otherwise.

In fact, Toontrack were one of the first "in the scene" to produce stable x64 versions of their VSTi and AUi, so I don't know why EZMix should not be x64 on Macs from the start.

I'm pretty sure that EZMix won't trash "professional" mixing, but for bedroom producers and project studios, it does look promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvprkB0ZnYU
Is that that guy who does the groove 3 vids (amplitube/superior drummer?)

So let's see, I started this thread with a "WTF" and ended up with hitting the buy button.

With ezmix, for some things, I appreciate the approach. They are not (for the most part) shitty lame presets that ruin the audio world.

But for things like guitar and bass, many are using amp sims now right (I know I do) This is another amp sim and some of the settings I've heard sound really good to my ears.

I'm also a big fan of it on electronic stuff. Synth basses in particular.

I just bought version 1. I own Ozone 5, TRacks, and a bunch of other smaller packages. Why? Because I'm a moron when it comes to mixing, that's why.

It's taken me years, and I'm starting to close in on getting the sound in my head just like the sound that comes out of the CD player after I burn the tracks.

But it is a painful process, and I've resigned myself to the knowledge that my talent does not lie with the engineering process. I'm a musician and composer first.

So any this-is-how-it-should-sound-one-button-fix that gets me there is just fine with me, thank you very much.

In fairness, I expect that EZMix should help get me at least PART of the way there. But even if it just sets me on the right path, that's OK by me.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Hmmmmmmm. For some reason I was under the impression the demo was a light version and there would be more kicks/snares presets.

Oh well, will play around more with it later. Severe pain right now.

The biggest thing I've noticed is the preset managing. It's really nice. Not 179 bucks nice :x but for those of us who just paid the "upgrade" price it's a really nice plus.

Amp models sound ok. I'm guessing it's similar to the TH1 method since overloud is responsible for the engine?? No big, just curious.

"One click, great sound"?

Someone tell me that is somehow not as delusional-marketing-hype-ish as it sounds.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

A.M. Gold wrote:"One click, great sound"?

Someone tell me that is somehow not as delusional-marketing-hype-ish as it sounds.
Some of it is cool, some of it I don't like as much. Check it out for your self, the demo is reasonable (though there is a 15 minute restriction)

Can anyone comment on the new amp sims/FX for guitar? Are these meant to replace your GuitarRig/Amplitube chains? Or do they do something else entirely?
Berfab

BERFAB wrote:Can anyone comment on the new amp sims/FX for guitar? Are these meant to replace your GuitarRig/Amplitube chains? Or do they do something else entirely?
Just amp sims. No replacement but it seems as though the amp models blend quickly. Jury is still out but preliminary testing is promising. Check that demo :)

I bought it as an upgrade. Been playing around with it for the last day or so...

It's nice. *really* nice. The amp sims I'd rate about on the same level as guitar rig 5 in terms of sound quality, albiet with *MUCH* less flexibility. As for everything else...the vocal presets are quite nice, and the drum presets go very well with their Superior/EZ drummer products.

Maybe as time goes on I'll discover more of it's shortcomings, but I see a lot of value in something that takes the fiddling out of the songwriting process. There's nothing more inspiring than working on a track that just seems to come together from an audio perspective.

As for the nay-sayers...you know what? I understand the argument. A lot of people have spent a serious amount of time honing and perfecting their craft. Now somebody introduces a product that can do a similar job, but with a less personalized approach. It feels dehumanizing.

But to them I say this: Audio Engineering and Songwriting are two different fields, and they require two VERY different skill sets. It's preposterous to assume that a person should be able to navigate both easily, as they both require HUGE amounts of time in order to master the craft.

I'm a songwriter. Anything that stands between me and my computer, in terms of getting a track down, is a hindrance to the creative process. Anything that aims to make that process easier and more efficient, while providing inspiring results, is a welcome addition in my book.

autumndreams wrote: But to them I say this: Audio Engineering and Songwriting are two different fields, and they require two VERY different skill sets. It's preposterous to assume that a person should be able to navigate both easily, as they both require HUGE amounts of time in order to master the craft.

I'm a songwriter. Anything that stands between me and my computer, in terms of getting a track down, is a hindrance to the creative process. Anything that aims to make that process easier and more efficient, while providing inspiring results, is a welcome addition in my book.
What he said. +1
Berfab

I get your point, autumndreams. As one of the nay-sayers, I think it feels dehumanizing, yes. But also understand the need to have a straight-forward product that does not break the inspirational flow... as I'm first and foremost a musician... I just happen to be on the "other side" as well.

So it's just matter of taste and needs - the fault is probably mine, as I just dislike everything "easy" as well as the modern concept of having something doing stuff in place of humans. I also think that this leads to records having standard sonic qualities, but this is a story for another book.

To each his own :)

Return to “Effects”