Toontrack EZmix 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The quick-dirty-easy singer-songwriter in me wants to spend the money. The pragmatist in me points out I don't have the money. The ever-trying-to-learn-more amateur engineer in me remembers that I got a really good deal on Mix Control Pro and I should learn how to use that better.

And the software user in me recalls that I'm really pissed off at Toontrack for the joke that is EZ Drummer.
Tom Smith
http://tomsmith.bandcamp.com - http://www.filkertom.com - http://www.thefump.com
Win10/64 - I5 3570K - 16 GB RAM - BIAB 2016 - Reaper 5 - Sound Forge Pro 9

Peevy2000 wrote:
Vent away man....just don't go busting any blood vessels ;)
DOH! Too late!

I just noticed the price hike on the packs myself!

Alright, I *was* a firm supporter of ez mix. That's because it *was* a relatively cheap and easy way to get a good sounding mix without having to put in to much time into the audio engineering side of things. It's a nice little product that takes away that unfortunate necessity for those of us who would rather just focus on composition and writing.

The new pricing structure on the ezmix packs, though? F*** my eyes, man! I really wanted to expand my software, now doing that is an absolute impossibility. I can't afford it!

I'm having trouble seeing what market they're trying to go after with this. The original ez-mix was an excellent tool for the bedroom producer who didn't have a lot of scratch to burn. Even with the new price of ez-mix 2, if bought through an online retailer, it's still a decently value-packed product if you don't have any other software that can handle the same functions.

But now? The cost of ez-mix 2 and all the expansions equals about $599 if bought through an online retailer. Even more from toontrack. Think about what Native Instruments provides for $500 in Komplete! In this range they have to go head-to-head with other, much more flexible products that are also loaded with great-sounding presets.

And the final bit: Think of all the companies these days that are actually *lowering* the price of their products. Softube just did a big price cut. Waves in the last few years had to drastically cut their prices. How is it that toontrack products are actually getting MORE expensive?

All you ez-mix owners out there: give the company feedback. E-mail them with your concerns. I just did that this morning...if enough people speak up, they might listen.

Same goes for if nobody buys these packs at $49 a pop. That's going to be easy for me. I don't have that kind of scratch to burn on ez mix expansions.

Here's their e-mail: go!

info@toontrack.com

hibidy wrote:
Peevy2000 wrote:
Vent away man....just don't go busting any blood vessels ;)
DOH! Too late!

Damn :shock:
Now look at the mess you've made on my carpet!!!

autumndreams wrote:

info@toontrack.com
done
Finally!

autumndreams wrote:I just noticed the price hike on the packs myself!

Alright, I *was* a firm supporter of ez mix. That's because it *was* a relatively cheap and easy way to get a good sounding mix without having to put in to much time into the audio engineering side of things. It's a nice little product that takes away that unfortunate necessity for those of us who would rather just focus on composition and writing.

The new pricing structure on the ezmix packs, though? F*** my eyes, man! I really wanted to expand my software, now doing that is an absolute impossibility. I can't afford it!

I'm having trouble seeing what market they're trying to go after with this. The original ez-mix was an excellent tool for the bedroom producer who didn't have a lot of scratch to burn. Even with the new price of ez-mix 2, if bought through an online retailer, it's still a decently value-packed product if you don't have any other software that can handle the same functions.

But now? The cost of ez-mix 2 and all the expansions equals about $599 if bought through an online retailer. Even more from toontrack. Think about what Native Instruments provides for $500 in Komplete! In this range they have to go head-to-head with other, much more flexible products that are also loaded with great-sounding presets.

And the final bit: Think of all the companies these days that are actually *lowering* the price of their products. Softube just did a big price cut. Waves in the last few years had to drastically cut their prices. How is it that toontrack products are actually getting MORE expensive?

All you ez-mix owners out there: give the company feedback. E-mail them with your concerns. I just did that this morning...if enough people speak up, they might listen.

Same goes for if nobody buys these packs at $49 a pop. That's going to be easy for me. I don't have that kind of scratch to burn on ez mix expansions.

info@toontrack.com
:tu: A proper rant.

OC

autumndreams wrote:
But now? The cost of ez-mix 2 and all the expansions equals about $599 if bought through an online retailer.
For that much you could get the Izotope bundle - Nectar, Alloy and Ozone at $499.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

re_mute wrote:
autumndreams wrote:
But now? The cost of ez-mix 2 and all the expansions equals about $599 if bought through an online retailer.
For that much you could get the Izotope bundle - Nectar, Alloy and Ozone at $499.
Exactly. Not to mention you can tweak the shit out of it to taste instead of a one trick pony.

ezmix @ 69 bucks and the packs at 19 was the perfect combo. It was a good idea and had a market niche. Now it's just a joke. Lost the plot.

I was lucky I got EZmix2 for £45.95 which is about $70.
Most places here are selling it at £100 or more.I wouldn't have paid that much.

Where did you get it, Res?
I grew rather fond of it whilst trying it yesterday.
Thank god i gave it a try. So worth it.
no sig

Pricing seems really wacky to me, I just don't get it (nor will I at this price!).

Wrong thread :shock:

loopdon wrote:Where did you get it, Res?
I grew rather fond of it whilst trying it yesterday.
Thank god i gave it a try. So worth it.
I think I struck lucky.
I was searching around for it and found it adverstised at £45.95 from WestendDJ.
I ordered it and later that day the price on their site was up to £115.
But they honoured the price I bought it for and it came in the post yesterday.
:)
I did post about it in the bargains thread in the Marketplace.
Don't know if anyone else got it at the low price :shrug:

After sitting on this a few days, I can't help but wonder if this is part of a larger marketing plan.

Case in point: look at what toontrack does with it's ez drummer and superior drummer lines. They're priced...relatively high. 80-90 bucks for an EZ drummer expansion. I don't much see the value in those either.

HOWEVER, as it so happens, they also have sales every few months. Even right now, they've cut the price of their ez drummer expansions in half, except for the most recent ones. At 40 bucks you get a whole new drumkit and a handful of midi files to go along with it. That's a decent deal, in my mind.

So...who wants to be that toontrack is planning the same setup with ezmix? At least that's what I'm *hoping* for.

It's part of their new line...... ExpenZiveMix

I'm still furious about this. Really, raise the prices to have a sale? They got complaints when they were 29 bucks.

Return to “Effects”