MixControl Pro Discontinued, V2 TBA.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rlahalla wrote:Glad everyone has such confidence in my work and vision. It wasn't even supposed to be publicized, but Steven doesn't know how to publish the website's pages since it's done in Wordpress - the entire post was supposed to say "On July 31st we will be discontinuing MixControl Pro, and I will be developing a new version which current users will receive for free." But funny enough, with my luck, only the first part was published. Yes, Micheal Olsen is no longer working with us, and yes, it is near impossible for me to get him to fix anything since his e-mail doesn't work when I email him, so I am going to contract another developer to write MixControl Pro V2 for me when I'm finished with Wave Designer, and everyone who has MCP currently will get MCP V2 for free. Good? f**k, I need to do the web stuff by myself cos it seems that even this content management system is too much for some people. Sorry Steven. The amount of support requests I get for MCP is just unmanageable, and I need a developer who is going to be available to fix bugs when they arise. That will happen, and I'll make sure it does.
http://www.teamdnr.net/mixcontrol/
Last edited by scalawag on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

what the! I only just bought this 1 month ago, talk about rip off, id better download all the ones I can then before it goes the way of the dodo. Thanks for the heads up

Well, that sucks but it's not like those guys are waist high in cash. From what I could tell, they didn't make much of a profit on anything, so maintaining two pieces of software at once would be a financial drain.

I'll just use it for as long as I can.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

What? ..Too bad! ..the next big update would have probably nailed it! (it being one of the best channel strips out there atm)

...anyway, as it is, it's still a very good mixing tool.

Nanakai wrote:Well, that sucks but it's not like those guys are waist high in cash. From what I could tell, they didn't make much of a profit on anything, so maintaining two pieces of software at once would be a financial drain.

I'll just use it for as long as I can.
+1. it works on vista and probably 7 upwards, I havent tried them yet so theres a good few years worth of use left in it. I still use my kjaerhus gold suite fx even though kjaerhus went under ages ago.

Trakstar wrote:what the! I only just bought this 1 month ago, talk about rip off, id better download all the ones I can then before it goes the way of the dodo. Thanks for the heads up
I don't think it's a ripoff as they frequently seemed to have various difficulties with the business, so that's a different story.
Anyway, you can still give it a chance, it's a good mixing tool! :)

3ee wrote:
Trakstar wrote:what the! I only just bought this 1 month ago, talk about rip off, id better download all the ones I can then before it goes the way of the dodo. Thanks for the heads up
I don't think it's a ripoff as they frequently seemed to have various difficulties with the business, so that's a different story.
Anyway, you can still give it a chance, it's a good mixing tool! :)
I love it, the EQ is one of the most clearest and sweetest Ive heard and the dynamics are excellent. I chose it over wavearts trackplug but this really upsets me! :( :( :(

Trakstar wrote:this really upsets me! :( :( :(
Why? Do you think it will stop working on August 1st?

If it works for, and sounds good, with no issues, you should feel lucky you got it when you did. It's a keyfile, so no CR to worry about. It should continue to work for you for a long time.

Hell, I'm using a build of Tracktion 3 that's more than 4 years old, on a daily basis. Tracktion users are all just waiting for the day Mackie pulls the plug on that CR server...but until then, I'll continue to use it.

pure speculation.. but I suspect their contract dev got a permanent job with another audio house and thus they will be unavailable to work on it anymore.

:(
Shame it's being discontinued.A good and almost great plug-in.

shit :-o

not a surprise. they've been flakes about mix control in the past. glad i jumped ship months ago.

you can always tell when a product jumps from $19 to $99 to $79 to $39 to free with another purchase and back around again...

it's a shame for the customer when there is no consistancy.

Kind of a surprise, yet not. I suspect they gave too many away to previous owners/beta testers. Admirable, but I always wondered if they'd succeed. Looks like another "classic" VST is born! I'm going to re-download my installers & license for safekeeping.

An excellent plug-in, you will be missed. :cry:

Okay, correct any of this if wrong. I bought mixcontrol for $39 when it first came out. I like it a lot, especially the pro update, but I must admit that I don't use it much. I think I have the second to latest version installed. Where I left off, at least the latest version was supposed to have no copy protection at all.

It was hard to follow the development all along because there were combined sales and development threads, some of which don't seem to be around anymore. Also, they shut down their forum here and started their own which last time I checked I couldn't find any trace of.

I believe Michael Olsen is/was the lead developer/programmer, maybe only aside from Lime Flavor on the interface and Reason and company, successors, etc. Michael is of course Sonic Timeworks, Phonoxone, I believe the lead Duende developer (along with Warp69/Martin Lind on the X-Verb) and is now with Camel Audio.

http://www.camelaudio.com/company.php

http://www.phonoxone.com/

http://www.sonictimeworks.com/

It might be a good thing if mixcontrol went to Sonic Timeworks or some other established company, but that would all be up to the parties involved, which I suppose we are tangentially as license holders. The whole thing was sort like a co-op funded effort anyway. Please do add to or correct anything here.

Yes.. I was trying to avoid naming names. :hihi:

I love the concept of Mixcontrol Pro.. but it still crashes in Orion randomly, locking up the entire host. I don't have any plugins that do this these days except for MCP. Which wholly makes it unusable for me.

I ended up buying the T-Racks deluxe package during their sale earlier for the compressors and EQs. They are no where as neat as Mixcontrol and I might still like the cleanness of MCP's EQ more.. but it had some kinks still in it. shame. MCP had a bright future with a few more developments and bug fixes. I hope someone buys the source/licensing and continues devloping it... unless that's CA's plan.. hmm...

Return to “Effects”