Henry Olonga new release for Nebula - The console strip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a new sampling release available at nebulapresets. If you use Nebula you will appreciate its uncanny ability to not only give a stunning 3D stereo but also amazing ability to reproduce all the subtle nuances that make analog hardware desirable.

Been working on these portable quick mix tools for the last week.

Featuring the preamp section, the di section, the output section as well as the full strip of a coveted classic sound, getting high quality audio processing ITB got a little easier. You will find yourself reaching for eq less and less and you may even find you smile a lot more. :)

I have also released a drum bus sampling.

These samplings were made using Prismsound Orpheus convertors and contain samplings in 192 khz, 96 khz and 44.1 khz formats. If you want your audio enhanced and respected - give these a try.

I have released tons of other desirable pieces as well in the past so check the webstore.

http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product_c ... la-presets

How do these work,do you put one instance of Neb for each component of the channel?
Any screenshots, tech info or description on the modules somewhere?

I think it works somewhat similar to Alex B's presets, and the usual console plugin suspects:

Put it on the first insert or last insert, then mix as you like. Remember however that you have a reference level of -18dB RMS (at least with with AlexB).

From the looks of the preset, you can use it for multiple occasions:
Just input gain module, the whole strip with EQ, just the output, etc. This way you can mix and match to your needs - if you have the CPU power.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Thanks,

The price is right but I assume large files to download & in usage.

Same with most Nebula presets.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Lenticular wrote:How do these work,do you put one instance of Neb for each component of the channel?
Any screenshots, tech info or description on the modules somewhere?
Hi Lenticular,

I am a little vague about tech info (I hope you understand why ) but if you google the manufaturer's website and look for a 1u rack mount that has a preamp, compressor, eq and output module (in that order)all built into one unit, you will understand which hardware piece it is. Put it this way - it has the best of that particular sound in one channel strip that allows you to treat it as one channel of a console strip.Oooops - I have given it away now. Anyway - what it allows you to do is build your mix as you would in the real world. There are no hard and fast rules but following logic works best it seems.

Treat your DAW as a virtual console. Compyfox is right on the money. Inputs to start your chain and outputs to end it. As far as the pres and outs go - if you just place one instance of the DI or pre on every channel and then place the output on your master bus - you may find you hardly need to EQ as much. The full strip preset is a sampling from the Preamp to the Output going through the whole piece with everything engaged so you get the sound of a full channel without any eq applied. Place that in a channel, on a buss or on the master bus. Up to you.... :)

Best wishes

Henry

Lenticular wrote:Thanks,

The price is right but I assume large files to download & in usage.
Hi Lenticular,

The price is a give away to be honest and I could charge more but choose not to as I want to help folk get really good sounds and help my charity on the way.

As far as file size goes - every product I sell with 192 khz files is larger than most because I do not optimise my files for smaller file sizes. It impacts on the quality too much for me and I am a quite particular about that. It's a bit like a RAW photo vs jpeg. I shoot RAW and deliver RAW. ( kind of ).From now on all my presets contain 44.1 khz samplings which are tiny. If bandwith is a probelm I can send DVDs of course.

Sadly Lenticular, in the world of audio you have to pay a price somewhere for quality. Pros and cons.....

Hardware - expensive - insurance costs - maintenance - electricity - only realtime performance. Best performance but with some hassles.

Software algorithmic plugins - small footprint but perhaps not as accurate as samplings. Expensive if you go to big brand names. CPU hungry if they are good.

So pick your poison. :(

Nebula - dirt cheap - CPU hungry - space hungry - highly accurate. I think HDD space for £ 2 a module of a piece of hardware that cost me £ 2200 is nothing to smirk at especially when the sound is almost indistinguishable.

All the best and Hope that helps

Henry

Sounds good, API- thanks for explanation.

While it is undeniable that algorithmic modelling has improved in leaps and bounds in recent years there does seem to be a little magic missing from time to time.

Harnessing the power of the incredible Nebula engine these releases help to add a little bit of that magic, sparkle and mojo back into your mixes in an all digital environment.

Designed to work in harmony with your established plugins these presets are made to be placed before or after your plugin of choice to enhance your colour palette.:)

Henry Olonga releases MPassive Mojo. Add some depth, warmth and mojo to your Massive Passive (TM) VST Plugin with a beautiful sounding set.
URL: Henry Olonga - MPassive Mojo STEREO 192 khz | Nebulapresets

The best results IMHO are attained by placing the mojo set in front of your Massive Passive (tm)emulation plugin :wink:

Henry Olonga releases Toobey Techy Compo Mojo. Add some depth, warmth and mojo to your CL1B (TM) VST Plugin with a beautiful sounding set.
URL: Henry Olonga - Toobey Techy Compo Mojo 192 khz | Nebulapresets

Download 32 bit 96 khz demo audio evaluation files here

http://www.henryolonga.net/Nebula/Henry ... _files.zip

Henry Olonga releases NV Vintage PRE. .The undeniable sound of the classic era. The 1073 (TM) tone for sure.
URL: Henry Olonga - NV Vintage PRE 192 khz | Nebulapresets

Henry Olonga releases Millenium High Voltage PRE. A staple preamp in most studios, one of the clearest and open preamps money can buy. Hi Fidelity
sound at your fingertips.
URL: Henry Olonga - Millenium High Voltage PRE 192 khz | Nebulapresets

Henry Olonga releases Pultec Mojo. .Add some depth, warmth and mojo to your Pultec EQ emulation VST Plugin with a beautiful sounding set.
URL: Henry Olonga - Pultec Mojo 192 khz | Nebulapresets

Henry Olonga releases Focus PRE. .An open clear mic preamp with clarity and relatively flat frequency response.
URL: Henry Olonga - Focus Pre 192 khz | Nebulapresets

I had a thought the other day about how to get that hybrid sound of recording on a Neve but mixing on an API. Well - I just plugged the Neve pre into the console strip sampled a few setting snad and Voila. Well.....sorta

Henry Olonga releases Replica NV Pre into The Console strip.Equally comfortable on the master bus, drums bus, guitars bus or dry vocals this is
your ticket to the stunning hybrid Neve and API sound in one preset.
http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=h ... ip-192-khz

Henry Olonga releases Five50A.Add the clear Aypeye mojo to your emulation plugins.
http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=h ... jo-192-khz

Henry Olonga releases Fifty33 Mojo.Get the larger than life mojo of this superb NV equaliser's transformers.
http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=h ... jo-192-khz

Hi Guys,
It has been a while since I offered something for free so apologies for that but in keeping with the spirit of the season - this is for customers with the commercial version of Nebula unfortunately. It is the DI section from the transparent G-20 family and it will give your audio that expensive sound with no effort. It is in stereo and is good enough for Mastering, track and master bus duties. It is about a 20 MB download. Good enough for Master Bus duties. I will do a series using it in the future. This is for the jazz and acoustic music guys. You can feel around the instruments. You will be disappointed when you press bypass. Good quality this.

http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=h ... 20-di-free
Last edited by henry olonga on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

DELETED

Now Good news. Look what came in time for Christmas :D. Talking about the Helios - top module - my rack case finally made it thanks to Raindirk audio - I have it plugged in and it sounds INCREDIBLE!!!!!So Titan 2 on the way at 192 khz. :P

Finally
In keeping with spirit of the season.

More releases out

Henry Olonga releases Tape Sim Bonus. .With 192 khz hiss recordings and two previously unreleased bonus presets this completes the Tape sim collection.
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=h ... bonus-pack

Henry Olonga releases See12. .A highly desirable microphone, rare, unique with an exquisite high end.
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=h ... la-192-khz

Henry Olonga releases Small Guitar Amp. .With a perceiveable depth rivalling a real amp this is amp is great for a realistic small amp sound.

Henry Olonga releases Air part 2. .For adding that high end finish to tracks or Masters. 1 of 8

Henry Olonga releases Model 1. .From Tascam, a 1970s 8 channel mixer for expanding a desk.
URL: http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=h ... ut-192-khz

Henry Olonga releases Small Phender guitar Amp. .A wonderful complement to the other amps in the series. Clear cutting and with depth.

Henry Olonga releases The Valve Channel. .One channel of a custom valve console. Fairly transparent with greatclarity.

Guys,

Bought these over the weekend. I highly recommend these libraries. For anybody that is willing to embrace the Nebula technology, I highly recommend Henry's libraries to all. The selection is amazing so there is definitely something for everyone and the price is unbeatable and helps support a great cause.

They are the real deal and after trying, it is clear that they elevate your sound if you have to rely heavily on plugins for sound because they don't sound like plugins but real hardware!

A few of the ones that I have tried and love: Big amp (AC30ish), PhenderAmp (a la Fender Champish, the Neve preamp, many of the mojo collection (1176, Fairchild 670, Pultec, Tube Tech Cl1b, la3a), Air Part 1, and the venerable Helios eqs.

The two guitar amps that I use are far superior in sound quality and realism to the AC30 and Fender in Softube Vintage Amp Room, IK or anything else. Those were considered the gold standard but these just breathe and sound so lively and capture those nuances when you dig in on your guitar and push the speakers a bit more. All the other amp sims sound "2d" in comparison. I was worried that they wouldn't work with Nebula2 that I have but I can confirm it works fantastic! I can only imagine how good they would be if they actually work better with Nebula3.

Hoping that one day, we might get a Marshall stack type sound there to round out the collection. It is my understanding that Nebula has limitations to what it can do for high gain so I wouldn't expect anything higher gain than say a JCM800 or Plexi. For that I am going to stick to my beloved Overloud TH2 through Nebula cabs (Ownhammer bring back those cabs that you are resampling heh!)

Also, the mojo collection is a fantastic concept. I haven't tried the Pultec one yet but I have tried the compressors. I will tell you this, as the name suggests, they add the mojo of the compressors. I don't know exactly how this technology works. Maybe it the color or maybe those harmonics coming through. But adding them in front of algorithmic compressors really brings them to life. Before, I was using my Liquid Mix compressors. I like the Liquid Mix the best because besides compressing, it doesn't give you that "plugin" sound that I get from other brands. I don't want to name any to sound disparaging. The problem is that these Liquid Mix dynamic snapshots sound realistic but they don't sound as lively as some the algorithmic counterparts even if they more realistic. But most of those algorithmic compressors "narrow your sound" and make things sound more 2d. Adding these mojo compressors in front breathes life into them all! There are also audio examples on the nebulapresets website to see what I mean. Check out the Tubey Tech one.

The Air concept is also great. I don't know quite understand how this stuff works either but adding these programs on material that sounds too dull brings it back to life without sounding eqed. I have found that adding highs all the time everywhere can make things sound less natural (maybe its a subtle phase shift) but the air programs really to make things sound clearer without sounding eqed if you use them on the right source.

For anyone that is curious, I think the mojo concept will be the most universally useful for many because us fellow engineers are relying on software comps more than ever despite their limitations. These mojo snapshots really do a fantastic job at minimizing these limitations and making them sound as realistic as they can. Others will also enjoy the sheer selection of pres (a la Focusrite Red, Neve 1073ish, Apis, and even a Studer. They are wonderful coloring tools and can be had at an unbeatable price.

I still have yet to experiment with the Pultec mojo and the Royer ribbon mic snapshot but so far I feel that I may have made some of my best purchases ever for audio production, no hypberole here, just how I feel.

Well done, Henry!

:)

AC

Return to “Effects”