2CAudio B2: Full Body. Maximum Attitude.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B2

xtrax wrote:
snigelx wrote:This is crazy.

I think Andrew ran to beach at full-speed after he sent the announcement out :hihi:
Hehehehee. I had the same thoughts! :hihi:

I wish. Nope. Maybe some pool over the weekend though. No, I seem to have hurt my back/neck by spending too many back to back (no pun intended) 16-hour days (and nights) getting to the finish line with this and the new website... Yesterday I worked all day standing up instead of sitting in a chair in order to release it "on time"... Not complaining here. I love this stuff! That's why I do it. I just need a day or two of rest away from the computer(s)... (do iPHones count?? hmmm....??) I'm sure it's nothing major... then right back to workaholic mode... ;-)

So, I see all the questions/comments and am listening and will try to answer questions over the next few days...
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

And what of the hours and days that he has invested to bring us B2? Should this go uncompensated? 100USD is a fairly hefty discount. The Perfect Storm IIRC is a discounted deal in of itself, so those of you who went that route got a heck of a deal there as well. Now you want a further discount for buying a package which was a discount in the first place? Where should Andrew and his crew get some appreciation in this. This is not just another Reverb. Some of you need to spend less time on here and more time experimenting with the demo. This is not A2 or Breeze 2. In the very least, it is not fair to bring up 2C's karma just because you didn't get the discount you needed. Think about the work that went into this new offering, as is hinted at on the product page if you bother to read through that in its entirity.

snigelx wrote:
Itron wrote:Slight concern (and warning) that someone might be able to confirm using B2 in Studio One 2. I replaced Breeze with B2 on an audio track that I recorded. I thought it would be fun to compare the two directly!! I was using the Vocal setting called "Lead Chorus Vocal 3" in Breeze and noticed that B2 has the same preset. With Breeze this track had played perfectly. After I installed B2 I had time to select the same preset, but had to hit the volume control on my speakers very quickly, as I started getting a VERY loud feedback hum. I eventually discovered that it was due to the audio track "channel mode" being set to mono and Input L. Once I switched this to stereo, the problem dissappeared.

You can re-create this in Studio One 2, by creating a new empty mono track and adding B2 with the default preset, or "Lead Chorus Vocal 3" press the play and wait for a while (not too long) the feedback noise will build quickly and pressing the stop transport button doesn't stop the feedback!! Haven't tried this in Cubase yet. (Haven't managed to recreate this issue in Reaper or Cubase)

I have reported this to 2C audio support.

Hopefully this might save someones ears or speakers!!

As an aside B2 did sound different to Breeze using this same preset, slightly more resonant, which in this case I felt was too much. Having said that I do quite like what B2 offers, with it's greater options for experimentation.
If you'll notice, Breeze does not seem have the same Damping and EQ module as B2 has and the modulation settings are different in each version. This combined will cause the preset to sound differently overall, yet all other settings are identical to the Breeze preset due to the fact that I am fairly certaih B2 is comprised of 2 seperate instances of Breeze (somewhat) for each 'engine' with MUCH more. But look there in the end of the chain and you will see what might be causing the tonal difference

"If you'll notice," my comment about sound differences was a quick observation, or an aside, of how the two sounded on the same named/supplied preset. (You couldn't swap B2 for Breeze, in a project, using the same preset and get the same result.) I appreciate there are quite a few differences in the make up of B2 and the fact that the two do not sound the same on the same preset name isn't a complaint, purely an observation, which I thought might be of general interest.

I was more concerned that people using Studio One 2 might get a surprise if not warned. :shock: It has certainly made me wary of experimenting too much with the experimental side of B2!! :)
Last edited by Itron on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galbanum wrote:
xtrax wrote:

I think Andrew ran to beach at full-speed after he sent the announcement out :hihi:

I wish. Nope. Maybe some pool over the weekend though. No, I seem to have hurt my back/neck by spending too many back to back (no pun intended) 16-hour days (and nights) getting to the finish line with this and the new website... Yesterday I worked all day standing up instead of sitting in a chair in order to release it "on time"... I'm sure it's nothing major, but I need a day or two of rest away from the computer(s)... (do iPHones count?? hmmm....??)

So, I see all the questions/comments and am listening and will try to answer questions over the next few days...
Well just take it easy mate. It's understandable. Get some rest already. Love the "Press" you received already on your site. :hihi: Leave the iPhone on the damn charger and go take a picnic ffs

Owning Aether, then adding breeze was expensive for me, $149 I just can't come up with right now.

Certain price points and intro offers make people purchase on the spot.

2CAudio has the right to price this however they want, but all I am saying is this price point is not giving me that urge.

This reminds me of the Ozone upgrade with 5.0. I didn't by the big version, way too costly, I wonder how many felt the same?

Please don't get me wrong, I do love these reverbs! But no 64-bit OSX and $149 price point just make me think twice.

This new reverb does sound nice, and has low CPU usage... Nice job...

I will wait till the 64bit arrives for now.

snigelx wrote:And what of the hours and days that he has invested to bring us B2? Should this go uncompensated? 100USD is a fairly hefty discount. The Perfect Storm IIRC is a discounted deal in of itself, so those of you who went that route got a heck of a deal there as well. Now you want a further discount for buying a package which was a discount in the first place? Where should Andrew and his crew get some appreciation in this. This is not just another Reverb. Some of you need to spend less time on here and more time experimenting with the demo. This is not A2 or Breeze 2. In the very least, it is not fair to bring up 2C's karma just because you didn't get the discount you needed. Think about the work that went into this new offering, as is hinted at on the product page if you bother to read through that in its entirity.
I do agree with you, better get back to the demo on my PC I guess...

elipsis1 wrote: Certain price points and intro offers make people purchase on the spot.

2CAudio has the right to price this however they want, but all I am saying is this price point is not giving me that urge.
Same here. BTW, I own all of the Perfect Storm bundle products, but I purchased each of them individually, usually at a discounted introductory price. While agree that it would be a nice gesture to have a bigger discount for people who own all of their reverbs/expansions, I'm still not sure that I would buy B2. As I stated in the other thread, B2 looks/sounds impressive, but I'm already up to my neck in reverbs, so whether it's $150 or $100 for another one to add to the pile, it just isn't all that enticing to me. I hope it does well, though.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

a few quick points:

1) The manual is still being finished. I will put something up in a few days. It may be a preliminary version with the basics, and a more detailed version may follow later in a few more weeks. It's god to read user feedback and questions for this sort of thing as it helps my decide what to include...

2) The audio demos were made by some close friends of ours. We are very grateful to have their help. They show the more traditional reverb application of B2 quite well I think. I need to add a bunch more to show the other aspects of B2. Eventually we will prob have > 100 audio demos. Until then (and after as well) I recommend to just use the demo version yourself and see if it is a fit for your music and workflow...

I think the most important thing to do is get the manual link working ;-)

The demo sounds great so far - I just wonder what some of the buttons are doing and what all those filters and some of the other settings are...
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Galbanum wrote:
xtrax wrote:

I wish. Nope. Maybe some pool over the weekend though. No, I seem to have hurt my back/neck by spending too many back to back (no pun intended) 16-hour days (and nights) getting to the finish line with this and the new website... Yesterday I worked all day standing up instead of sitting in a chair in order to release it "on time"... Not complaining here. I love this stuff! That's why I do it. I just need a day or two of rest away from the computer(s)... (do iPHones count?? hmmm....??) I'm sure it's nothing major... then right back to workaholic mode... ;-)

Oh I see. I have the same problems with my neck too. But I don't understand How you finished all site for a few days?
That is really amazing? However reverb sounds amazing. Today I mixed one song and my customers was really stunned with the reverb on the vocals. They asked me what reverb I used? I said the latest of the world technology. They said just Woooow.

So I never heard better reverb on computer DAW.
Congratulation really.

Thanks for You and Dennis.

All the best

+1 Cryophonik,

I have the perfect storm bundle as well, B2 at $150, I don't think I can justify at this point. Already have lots of reverbs, and owning any 2C product entitles you to a $50 discount. My logic says owning all of them should entitle to a deeper discount encouraging customer loyalty for those of us who have supported 2C thus far. Someone owning just breeze should be entitled to less of a discount than someone who owns everything up until B2-prerelease

Galbanum wrote:a few quick points: 2) The audio demos...
Those audio demos are LUSH. Real talent. I couldn't hear the details of the verb for being lost in the tracks themmselves on a deeper non-technical level. That last demo on the page, titled "OH" just takes me out to space...nice. :)

snigelx wrote:And what of the hours and days that he has invested to bring us B2? Should this go uncompensated? 100USD is a fairly hefty discount. The Perfect Storm IIRC is a discounted deal in of itself, so those of you who went that route got a heck of a deal there as well. Now you want a further discount for buying a package which was a discount in the first place? Where should Andrew and his crew get some appreciation in this. This is not just another Reverb. Some of you need to spend less time on here and more time experimenting with the demo. This is not A2 or Breeze 2. In the very least, it is not fair to bring up 2C's karma just because you didn't get the discount you needed. Think about the work that went into this new offering, as is hinted at on the product page if you bother to read through that in its entirity.
You might be right in your way of thinking but whom exists for whom really? No customers would mean all development done just for achieving something. Without 2CAudio no extra ordinary modeled Reverb of this caliber for the Customer (hence we would have to look else where). But if one feels cheated it's hard to convince them that they are wrong and what about the old saying of "The customer is always right" or "The customer is the company".

Me and as it seems a lot of other customers feel that what we've bought into is now somewhat obsolete. Why should one own Aether or Breeze now that B2 is released? If we are wrong please enlighten us. I think most of us would gladly listen to why we should spend another $150 and feel that we still need Breeze and Aether.

I think its somewhat good that a company reinvests customers money in new projects that the said customers can enjoy but does that mean abandoning old software? I don't say that this is where we are heading. It's however a feeling that this release have created for some of us.

Multiband wrote:
You might be right in your way of thinking but whom exists for whom really? No customers would mean all development done just for achieving something. Without 2CAudio no extra ordinary modeled Reverb of this caliber for the Customer (hence we would have to look else where). But if one feels cheated it's hard to convince them that they are wrong and what about the old saying of "The customer is always right" or "The customer is the company".

Me and as it seems a lot of other customers feel that what we've bought into is now somewhat obsolete. Why should one own Aether or Breeze now that B2 is released? If we are wrong please enlighten us. I think most of us would gladly listen to why we should spend another $150 and feel that we still need Breeze and Aether.

I think its somewhat good that a company reinvests customers money in new projects that the said customers can enjoy but does that mean abandoning old software? I don't say that this is where we are heading. It's however a feeling that this release have created for some of us.
My question to you is, have you demo'd the product thoroughly enough to be able to make the claim you've made? Breeze is STILL the eco-insert verb the way I see it so THAT is definitely not obsolete AND despite having 'same' presets with B2 (in EACH single engine) they sound somewhat different to be sure. Have you experienced the multitude of B2 options and additions over the previous offerings? Can you imagine the work that must have gone into this to get such a clean signal on the other side? And Aether is definitely not the same as either of those if you just take a look and a listen. You have NOT LOST a unit if you should acquire B2. This is reassured on the product page of B2 as well.

Andrew, about the manual,... would like a bit of info about using Cascade in conjunction with dynamics settings to get that crossfade going. Not 100% sure if I understand what is going on there. Thanks

Return to “Effects”