2CAudio B2: Full Body. Maximum Attitude.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B2

This is crazy. You have two engines in this thing so one can do some crazy nice things with nano diffusion modulated and filtered to extremes while the next engine can provide a clean plate room or hall for all of that to reside in. Then if that isn't enough you can saturate EACH engine seperately (and decide where the sat takes place in the chain) and you can gate or compress each engine separately. I LIKE this thing. Now give me the damn book on it. Before I do something nano impulsive :D

One can also toggle on/off the 2 engines separately and so far I haven't got any clicks from doing that. I also tried kind of mixing the two engines by activating Alpha engine via host automation then in the middle of its tail I automated the power of Beta engine and the two blended nicely. I think this is something I would bounce down and resample but in testing it works.

Edit: Oh, and an adjustable limiter :)

Edit2: I think Andrew ran to beach at full-speed after he sent the announcement out :hihi:

snigelx wrote:This is crazy.

I think Andrew ran to beach at full-speed after he sent the announcement out :hihi:
Hehehehee. I had the same thoughts! :hihi:

I like Soft Sat II and Sat II with +6db ceiling on the output saturation. Wonderful sound. It really can sound perfect.

Single engine presets check "Lush Hall" or" Expert Hall"....
Last edited by xtrax on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xtrax wrote:
snigelx wrote:This is crazy. I think Andrew ran to beach at full-speed after he sent the announcement out :hihi:
Seriously, after all the whining about the price (even after a $100usd reduction) I'm sure he lost it (Being that he's been working on these latest offerings for quite some time). Real nice piece of equipment this one.
I like Soft Sat II with -6db ceiling on the output saturation. Wonderful sound. It really can sound perfect.
I did and I like :) Nice find.

Hey do you know what the button with the double arrows under the Alpha engine power-switch is doing? Does each engine have two potential settings at the flick of the switch or? Have you figured that out?

Warning: I know the switch next to that one LINKS both engines so that they share Beta's settings so if you spend 15 min adjusting Alpha engine's setting and then you unknowingly click the link switch then you've just lost Alpha's settings with no way to get them back. If you were to click the LINK switch again to turn it off Alpha engine does not get its old settings back :( (That would be nice) So don't click the link switch by accident like I did earlier

Also, nice that you can click the ramp-looking switches to toggle seeing graphs and transfer response for only selected engine OR both simultaneously. THAT really helps getting the two engines jiving together. One can do this with ears too but nice with the visual fdbk as well

snigelx wrote:
xtrax wrote:
snigelx wrote:This is crazy. I think Andrew ran to beach at full-speed after he sent the announcement out :hihi:
Seriously, after all the whining about the price (even after a $100usd reduction) I'm sure he lost it (Being that he's been working on these latest offerings for quite some time). Real nice piece of equipment this one.
I like Soft Sat II with -6db ceiling on the output saturation. Wonderful sound. It really can sound perfect.
I did and I like :) Nice find.

Hey do you know what the button with the double arrows under the Alpha engine power-switch is doing? Does each engine have two potential settings at the flick of the switch or? Have you figured that out?

Warning: I know the switch next to that one LINKS both engines so that they share Beta's settings so if you spend 15 min adjusting Alpha engine's setting and then you unknowingly click the link switch then you've just lost Alpha's settings with no way to get them back. If you were to click the LINK switch again to turn it off Alpha engine does not get its old settings back :( (That would be nice) So don't click the link switch by accident like I did earlier

Also, nice that you can click the ramp-looking switches to toggle seeing graphs and transfer response for only selected engine OR both simultaneously. THAT really helps getting the two engines jiving together. One can do this with eas too but nice with the visual fdbk as well
Oh, I know .It is engine switch. To move preset from each other engines. If you like to move A to B or opposite.

Oh. Nice :) Some of these Attitude Saturation modes are crazy, in the context of reverb especially.

Also what is important is the dot that lights on Width and Cross.

Dot on WIDTH when switched ON is Phase reverse on one side.
Dot on CROSS when switched ON are switching sides opposite.

Attitude is saturator-distortion with different algos. This is amazing.

xtrax wrote:Also what is important is the dot that lights on Width and Cross.

Dot on WIDTH when switched ON is Phase reverse on one side.
Dot on CROSS when switched ON are switching sides opposite.

Attitude is saturator-distortion with different algos. This is amazing.
NICE. Also don't discount the dots by TIME. These switch off the corresponding engine's Reverb effect BUT leaves the EQ, Dynamics and Attitude active for that engine. This means you can use the Balance slider to add some Extra saturation, filtering or amplitude control without having to have the Reverb for that chain active. :-o

Also, just found this blurb on the website product description "...Its modular design was conceived specifically to facilitate future enhancements and features...." -- Do I take this to mean he intends to build more into this?

Shouldn't it be like Gust or Haboob or something?

Slight concern (and warning) that someone might be able to confirm using B2 in Studio One 2. I replaced Breeze with B2 on an audio track that I recorded. I thought it would be fun to compare the two directly!! I was using the Vocal setting called "Lead Chorus Vocal 3" in Breeze and noticed that B2 has the same preset. With Breeze this track had played perfectly. After I installed B2 I had time to select the same preset, but had to hit the volume control on my speakers very quickly, as I started getting a VERY loud feedback hum. I eventually discovered that it was due to the audio track "channel mode" being set to mono and Input L. Once I switched this to stereo, the problem dissappeared.

You can re-create this in Studio One 2, by creating a new empty mono track and adding B2 with the default preset, or "Lead Chorus Vocal 3" press the play and wait for a while (not too long) the feedback noise will build quickly and pressing the stop transport button doesn't stop the feedback!! Haven't tried this in Cubase yet. (Haven't managed to recreate this issue in Reaper or Cubase)

I have reported this to 2C audio support.

Hopefully this might save someones ears or speakers!!

As an aside B2 did sound different to Breeze using this same preset, slightly more resonant, which in this case I felt was too much. Having said that I do quite like what B2 offers, with it's greater options for experimentation.

I have aether and breeze, I'm one of those waiting for OSX 64-bit. Seeing the email I decided to try this out...

No 64-bit :(

Yes I can get it at a discount ($149 if I read it right)...

Just not sure about this, is it basically two breeze engines working in one plugin?

Or is it more complex than that?

Tried the demo on my PC, it is tempting but for some reason I am still not sold on it

Itron wrote:Slight concern (and warning) that someone might be able to confirm using B2 in Studio One 2. I replaced Breeze with B2 on an audio track that I recorded. I thought it would be fun to compare the two directly!! I was using the Vocal setting called "Lead Chorus Vocal 3" in Breeze and noticed that B2 has the same preset. With Breeze this track had played perfectly. After I installed B2 I had time to select the same preset, but had to hit the volume control on my speakers very quickly, as I started getting a VERY loud feedback hum. I eventually discovered that it was due to the audio track "channel mode" being set to mono and Input L. Once I switched this to stereo, the problem dissappeared.

You can re-create this in Studio One 2, by creating a new empty mono track and adding B2 with the default preset, or "Lead Chorus Vocal 3" press the play and wait for a while (not too long) the feedback noise will build quickly and pressing the stop transport button doesn't stop the feedback!! Haven't tried this in Cubase yet. (Haven't managed to recreate this issue in Reaper or Cubase)

I have reported this to 2C audio support.

Hopefully this might save someones ears or speakers!!

As an aside B2 did sound different to Breeze using this same preset, slightly more resonant, which in this case I felt was too much. Having said that I do quite like what B2 offers, with it's greater options for experimentation.
If you'll notice, Breeze does not seem have the same Damping and EQ module as B2 has and the modulation settings are different in each version. This combined will cause the preset to sound differently overall, yet all other settings are identical to the Breeze preset due to the fact that I am fairly certaih B2 is comprised of 2 seperate instances of Breeze (somewhat) for each 'engine' with MUCH more. But look there in the end of the chain and you will see what might be causing the tonal difference

Last edited by snigelx on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

elipsis1 wrote:I have aether and breeze, I'm one of those waiting for OSX 64-bit. Seeing the email I decided to try this out...

No 64-bit :(

Yes I can get it at a discount ($149 if I read it right)...

Just not sure about this, is it basically two breeze engines working in one plugin?

Or is it more complex than that?

Tried the demo on my PC, it is tempting but for some reason I am still not sold on it
So you can load the same presets in B2 from Breeze? How's cpu usage comparatively? Double since there's two breezes? Seems like a big upgrade price from Breeze 1 to B2. Tough to compete with these 50 dollar reverbs coming out...

I will say that the demos sound amazing overall. Great tunes and production as well as the reverb sound. 2caudio have some of the demos around. It would be nice for there to be dry/wet examples though.

"2C Haboob", that's got a nice ring to it. I would expect to see some haboobies on the GUI though :hihi:

Gotta say, this does seem pretty cool. Looks like I can't avoid trying it out ;)

Hey Den, be careful not to go too crazy while making presets~ :lol:

audiosabre wrote:No customer loyalty? Evolved product branded as a new one?

I said the same thing about Breeze (Aether lite), but gave the 2C chaps the benefit of the doubt. After purchasing all the 2C products (even the presets), I'm not even going to install the B2 demo.

Talk about karma; "what goes around comes around". Let those words reverberate out into the depths of the mind of the cosmos.

Good luck. I'm done with 2C.
I can't seem to find what's really into this "deal" for us that have the perfect storm already. So we've spent a great amount of money to support 2CAudio so that they can develop a new product instead of perfecting what they already have.

To say that a company can't upgrade something like Aether to what B2 became is just foolish. A company can do whatever they like (as 2CAudio just did I guess) I would've rather seen that they named B2 Aether 2.0 and charged us like 100$ for an upgrade.

And I also agree on AudioSabre's statement "Talk about Karma". $50 for new customers, $100 if you have a product already and nada/zip/nothing more if you've supported them by going ALL IN!

Please consider another $50 for those whom believed in you, I think a lot of us are not cheering atm instead we are turning away in disgust.

I carefully consider each and every purchase before I buy into a software company since there is a lot of "sell and forget" and I'm really, really sad to see that 2CAudio is the first company that I believed in and spent my hard earned cash on to go the way of commerce.

Return to “Effects”